what is the best tire for 165/55/14

Jun 7, 2012
johor
The Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 are semi-slick or slick tires?
The tires will easy or fast "botak" for the long distance ( JB To KL)?
Thanks.

Bro. Izso, That is FC increase not reduced, but mileage reduced....ha! ha!
AD-07 are extreme tyres so they work better with higher temperature like real F1 tyres. The hotter the stickier, but when it rains not only because of the water, but the rubber compound gets cool down. Like you say PP2 is better in wet as these are road tyres. PS3 no size in either 165/55 nor 185/60R14.
Wah! you use extreme tyres match with entry level tyres, like my friend in those car park rally, need some drift in the rears....ha! ha!
That is why when choosing tyres, must see your priorities not just because have super dry grip...
For me, I love driving fast in the wet, so usually on Max performance tyres, rather then extreme performance tyres....

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Thanks.
Can consider semi slick. Slick got no pattern.....ha! ha!

K2 stanley

Mar 24, 2009
Bro. Izso, That is FC increase not reduced, but mileage reduced....ha! ha!
AD-07 are extreme tyres so they work better with higher temperature like real F1 tyres. The hotter the stickier, but when it rains not only because of the water, but the rubber compound gets cool down. Like you say PP2 is better in wet as these are road tyres. PS3 no size in either 165/55 nor 185/60R14.
Wah! you use extreme tyres match with entry level tyres, like my friend in those car park rally, need some drift in the rears....ha! ha!
That is why when choosing tyres, must see your priorities not just because have super dry grip...
For me, I love driving fast in the wet, so usually on Max performance tyres, rather then extreme performance tyres....

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Can consider semi slick. Slick got no pattern.....ha! ha!
Agree wat he said, choose the tire u need. Always try highway seriously dun take Neova bcoz u will wasted it n in term of safety raining in straight road really cry but still far better the most stupid tire ducaro.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Thanks.
Yah it botak very fast if ur alignment n camber not good. Otherwise last time my neova can use around 30k km use it to wreck corner, sempah sini sana, sepang track. All no problem.

Agree wat he said, choose the tire u need. Always try highway seriously dun take Neova bcoz u will wasted it n in term of safety raining in straight road really cry but still far better the most stupid tire ducaro.
Ducaro GA? Yup, tries on a Perdana before, going 40kmh coming down flyover screech like mad....:banghead:
GY website still class as mid, same as NCT 5, so wonder how their value tyres GT3 and Duraplus will be?.....:confused:

K2 stanley

Mar 24, 2009
Ducaro GA? Yup, tries on a Perdana before, going 40kmh coming down flyover screech like mad....:banghead:
GY website still class as mid, same as NCT 5, so wonder how their value tyres GT3 and Duraplus will be?.....:confused:
I using Duraplus at my rear also much better than Ducaro la and sangat tahan until front already change to third set but rear still remain.:bawling:

Bro., you driving FWD car, right? FWD front wheel will wear almost 80% faster then the rears, that is why you still need to rotate the old tyres up front to finish them off.
Anyway, Duraplus (like Durable) as it is name is for mileage, but afraid traction not so good. This tyre temperature rating also rated B only.....:banghead:

FC increase not decrease. Whoops.

Actually, AD07 are not semi-slicks. They aren't in that that classification which is also why they were banned in competitions cuz they gave an unfair advantage to people using them whilst not being classified as semi slicks. They are just ultra high performance tyres.

FC increase not decrease. Whoops.

Actually, AD07 are not semi-slicks. They aren't in that that classification which is also why they were banned in competitions cuz they gave an unfair advantage to people using them whilst not being classified as semi slicks. They are just ultra high performance tyres.
AD-07 is classified as Extreme performance. These tyres are extreme in the sense super dry grip, hard sidewall for cornering. One step below Semi Slick.
Next is Max performance which have good dry and wet grip
Then UHP, this is close to Max performance
Next is HP. then Comfort performance, Entry level, touring etc....

Jun 7, 2012
johor
Yesterday just change my kelisa tires.
The yokohama advan neova ad07 are the best tires i use on my car.
I have tested the way back home, i not speeding.
That tires are not cheap but worth for money when the feedback from the tires on the road.
The manufacturing date are 0711. The ladyboss say this the latest one.
Check and found many k-car kaki, exspecially the turbo kaki like this tires.

Feb 10, 2005
just bought one set 165 55 14 just now, there's 1 more set left year 2012

Feb 10, 2005
i'm not sure however i dont think so, u can try ask kedai papan because i got mine there, 1 set just arrived when i got there, not sure 2013 or 2012 one, i took the 2013 one, left 2012 one set

I can only suggest Michelin PP2 (only available for 165/55/14 the rest discontinued)
or AD08 for performance wise :biggrin:

have 185 section of ad07 or not "123"
They used to have 185/60R14. My friend got some but old stock. Seems no new ones. AD-08 do not have in this size.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I can only suggest Michelin PP2 (only available for 165/55/14 the rest discontinued)
or AD08 for performance wise :biggrin:
Bro. 123 got the AD-07 in this size....:driver:

Dremel said:
any rough suggestion for proton satria ? i'm not sure whether mine is 6kg(F)-5kg(R) or 5kg(F)-4kg(R).. does there any label of spring rate printed on titan's spring? coz Richard seems doesn't have the record.. coz mine is 2nd hand. The only thing that he said was.. 'wah.. your spring is quite hard'

I assume mine is 6/5 or 5/4 is because i got 2 friend running on 4/3 which are sgti and putra. Theirs is abit softer than mine.. with same damping settings.
Hi

As for...