what is the best tire for 165/55/14

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Silverstone bought by Toyo Japan 100%, now Toyo Japan using their technology to improve Silverstone tyre quality.
For me, Achilles, GT Radial, Falken(not Japan made), Silverstone, Sime Tyre, Dunlop(Not Japan), Nexen all quality almost same, which target economic market.
That why the price is cheap, so everyone is affordable.
and I don't see Proton is improving, by change to Indonesia Brand Tyre - Achilles. Indonesia technology better then Japan technology ?

Btw, I not pointing anything to anyone, just the fact that is not good to say Which tyre brand is bad, as the tyre category may not fit certain people taste, example old uncle use sport tyre, which noisy + very stiff sidewall, definitely he will say THE TYRE TAK BOLEH PAKAI...

be Peace .....

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
proton now suprima S using achilles tyre....

exora and preve use gt radial

try google silverstone FTZ series :biggrin:
You know which model of Archilles?

Yup, they are on the BAX2 Mid category

If FTZ Sports aka Evol 8 then so so only, but it FTZ RR then different story....:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
maybe proton decide since preve and exora use terbo engine so must give better tyre...

if give silverstone rain time habis accident liao....

saga falls in cheaper price range and lower engine power so give cheaper tyre to cut car cost....
Yup, all about cost. Tyres cannot do anything because even comes with steel rims or sports rims still the same tyres. The thing is the rims, they come as accessories and we are paying additional for them, but when trade in to tyre shop get like 30% back only....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Evo8 nearly face-out, and now replace by Atlantis V7
Same performance only, even though from directional to asymmetric pattern...

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Silverstone bought by Toyo Japan 100%, now Toyo Japan using their technology to improve Silverstone tyre quality.
They are also marketing Toyo brand locally now. I doubt they will change Silverstone tyre, but keep them as second brand for the cheaper range

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Silverstone brand will remain second brand for budget market, but definitely Toyo wont let that brand spoil their image.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Silverstone brand will remain second brand for budget market, but definitely Toyo wont let that brand spoil their image.
They won't, not many knows they own them....haha:biggrin:
To many Silverstone is Silverstone, Toyo is Toyo....:driver:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
You know which model of Archilles?

Yup, they are on the BAX2 Mid category

If FTZ Sports aka Evol 8 then so so only, but it FTZ RR then different story....:driver:

if not mistaken atr sport...try check at paultan suprima S review

For me, Achilles, GT Radial, Falken(not Japan made), Silverstone, Sime Tyre, Dunlop(Not Japan), Nexen all quality almost same, which target economic market.
That why the price is cheap, so everyone is affordable.
and I don't see Proton is improving, by change to Indonesia Brand Tyre - Achilles. Indonesia technology better then Japan technology ?

Btw, I not pointing anything to anyone, just the fact that is not good to say Which tyre brand is bad, as the tyre category may not fit certain people taste, example old uncle use sport tyre, which noisy + very stiff sidewall, definitely he will say THE TYRE TAK BOLEH PAKAI...

be Peace .....

well within the same price bracket for normal tyre u will get better rubber compound than those japanese brand tyre(with similar technology)....

of course those premium tyre fared better overall...its just the cost being outweighted....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if not mistaken atr sport...try check at paultan suprima S review
Thanks, check paultan and he mentioned 17" Achilles only, but from the pics the pattern looks like the 2233 model. Asymmetric pattern.
I think the 2233 will be better as the ATR Sports will be too noisy.

This one...

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
anyone know the price per piece of Achilles ATR K Sport?
The price is Rm185 only, i get it in Pandan Indah Kuala Lumpur.
Result is very good in dry, wet also not bad.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

any user of Achilles ATR-K Sport here? can share u tot pls.
im considering to buy the 165/55/R14. anyway, whats d current price?
i plan to pair these with replica TE37 14" 6jj 4x100 +38 offset...
I'm the user for this, very good in dry and wet is in acceptable level. It is a semi slick if you use this for competition then you have to go open class. :P

badmelatonin

Aug 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The price is Rm185 only, i get it in Pandan Indah Kuala Lumpur.
Result is very good in dry, wet also not bad.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

I'm the user for this, very good in dry and wet is in acceptable level. It is a semi slick if you use this for competition then you have to go open class. :P
RM185 is quite expensive compare to price that i found which was RM160 (setapak) & RM155 (shah alam).:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bro. SF can try this in future.....
But the thread don't seems to be good in wet :hmmmm:
RM185 is indeed really cheaper than Michelin PP2 at RM230-RM240 per piece

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Extreme tyres mah! like bro. Izso RS-R.....:biggrin:
If i drive all the time okay la, I may know how the tyre react on wet is not good but my gf might not.
Reason I get pp2 also because girls' driving are very scary. Whack corner no need brake mia :banghead: Just make sure is a good enough grippy tyres for dry and wet will do.

That tyre better if I can fit in Mira :rofl: But 1st must change engine :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm currently facing problem with my E3 engine whereby the rev stuck at 5k rpm.

I checked mostly all compartment which is related to spark and fuel.
*fuel pump (working)
*spark plug (working)
*power unit (working)
*airflow sensor (working)
*plug cable and connector (working)
*ecu (working)
*airflow piping and necessary piping (checked and all seems to be well attached)
*intercooler piping (will check today)

Above mentioned stuff, i replace with a exact same working unit which is from other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience