What happened to our hobby??

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
kid time ride BMX bicycle motor-cross.
Then teenager time, ride BMW (bas mini wilayah)
Then become big boss....Drive BMW...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
BMX bikes.. I used to have one, damn thing had brakes and all. The when I got older I got the stunt BMX which had no brakes and had rear standing pedals. The seats were removable and stopping was purely skill. Awesome bike.

Then I sucked into Tamiya car races, experimented with foam tyres and slicks, modified hyperdash motors and that 'break in method' we did it the old school way. Use those bigass batteries with high output to run in the motor. "Charged" the motor before every race. Then races got boring and started to go tyre less to drift around places like skateboard pipes and slides. Pity back then video wasn't available as easily as it is now. Would've made some interesting videos. Back then those Tamiyas were RM15-18 only. Now they are so insanely expensive!!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
BMX bikes.. I used to have one, damn thing had brakes and all. The when I got older I got the stunt BMX which had no brakes and had rear standing pedals. The seats were removable and stopping was purely skill. Awesome bike.

Then I sucked into Tamiya car races, experimented with foam tyres and slicks, modified hyperdash motors and that 'break in method' we did it the old school way. Use those bigass batteries with high output to run in the motor. "Charged" the motor before every race. Then races got boring and started to go tyre less to drift around places like skateboard pipes and slides. Pity back then video wasn't available as easily as it is now. Would've made some interesting videos. Back then those Tamiyas were RM15-18 only. Now they are so insanely expensive!!
Now got video, so if you still have your Tamiya, can still do the shoot....:driver:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

I thought all bikes have brakes. Except the stunt one.

That being said Chris, when did you buy Tamiya RM 15-18? :confused:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The prices of tamiya goods went up sky high once popularity soared....
The cartoon show featuring boys racing tamiya made the prices steeper.

Just like AE86.
Before Initial-D, 4age, engine parts, LSD axles were treated like normal priced japanese used car parts. Nothing unusual about it then.
But now, a halfcut 4Age engine cost 4k, and some even more...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
For that jumping section we used to add additional support bearing at back & front of the car so its like the car running on 6 tires :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Ok sounds legit...due to shyness I bought a fat bike actually rather than BMX but after hearing ur thoughts feels like want to get a BMX pulak now :hmmmm:
Din't see anyone play with those style anymore using support bearing. Now what they do is, they equip a plate below the rear bumper which had a ground clearance of around 1mm. They call it brake because when the car goes over a sloped or uphill section before jump, the 'brake' plate will scrape on the track and supposedly create friction to slow down the car, hence shorter jumping distance.

Other than brakes, they have something called mass damper which is a type of weight item that has a sort of free flow movement in between a long screw. I'm not sure how to explain this but maybe you can try searching for it through google. These mass damper thing will absorb or damp the impact when your car lands after jumping. It is like some sort of counter weight item. I'll put a pic of it here.... The two gold bullet shaped thing in front is the mass damper on my other car. But I don't really know how to fully utilize it so I took them off after a few failed landing attempts.

Do you measure the pot speed of your car?
I saw Tamiya has their own ""speed" dyno for car enthusiasts, to clock the running speed. Very sophisticated, I say...

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Do you measure the top speed of your car?
I saw Tamiya has their own ""speed" dyno for car enthusiasts, to clock the running speed. Very sophisticated, I say...
Nope, din't test on those dyno thingy.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys!

anybody know how to modify waja front seat from rotation adjuster to simply slide like normal seat.
This waja seat make me crazy when i want to adjust the angle...look like stupid when u need to rotate they adjuster.

anyone know how to change from rotater to slider?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience