What engine oil to use for A32 3.0V6?

kelvin_goh999

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
KL
Hey guys,

What engine oil normally you guys use on A32 3.0 V6 engine?

Fully or Semi?

Last time when I drove A31 RB20T, I use Castrol Magnatec. Quite good. Any recommendation & how many litre we need for V6?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
im using Q8 F1...10-50w..very responsive. n light...last u 10,000km but i changed every 5000km...hehehe

for VQ30DE and VQ20DE, u only need 4 litre of engine oil. Q8 F1 will set u back around rm180/bottle

Reactions: drummydrew

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Ahh Ong..

Not to make you worry. My group of skyline friend use Q8, and few of them got engine problem already. One change the engine, took out the old engine, and got lots of sluggish inside. Another engine make loud noise, open the cam cover, Ahh... also lots of sluggish.

And now they change to difference oil already.

I use Magnatec and service every 4kkm

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
I think 10~50w too thin for skyline engine! Just wild guess!

Anyway, Kelvin, don't simple listen to some mech at the shop, i just mistaken for once i left my car at a neighborhood service center, i went yum cha.
I told tat guy to rotate tires, engine oil change, oil filter change and when i sign the bill, not tat i don't wanna pay for the 5L Mobil 1 FulSyn oil, but i damn angry and ask why you put 5L?!?!

Tat so call chief told me loud loud, a V6 engine uses 5L!!

I ask him what do you mean all V6!? He start to soften and i continue to ask, you add the 5th Liter because you see it's not enough? or just pour?!

Then only he ask the mech that did my car...but before tat guy can answer, he scolded him "next time must ask client if can put or not"!!

My god, he still don't get the point! i just tell him it's ok, no point talking as it's done and i'll pay the 5L!

I never visited this shop anymore! No even for simple task! Believe me, there are bunch of No Tech, No Logic, No experience, No Brain out there trying to just simply make a living without having the heart of understanding what they are doing!

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
not about thin or thick, its about the oil quality. The Q8 they use create slug in the internal engine. few of them taken out the engine, and all having the same type of slug. now they don't use the Q8 already. Think now they use motul or some others brand. Got many other people i know also having such experience..

BTW, I use magnatec + Bardal 2. i find its a good match :) especially when i was driving the Sentra SR16.. always rev till red zone and engine still strong after 200kkm.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
interesting info...will try n c hows my engine fair...
but i agree with u, Motul still one of the best...but @ rm160/2 litre, its just way to expensive for me...unless im driving an evo, wrx or gtr then i wouldnt mind...

heard a lot of stories about Mobil F1 as well...usually about imitation oil sellin @ spare part shops...

kelvin_goh999

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
KL
Frens,

Thanks for all the information. I think I should stick back to Magnatec as I have been using it for my B6T & RB20T. Anyway, I also thought 3.0V^ engine uses more than 4L engine oil. So means we only need to buy 4L engine oil for A32 3.0cc V6. Right?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
yup.

Unless you change oil like what i do. I jack the car one side, so the oil will be flow in one level (toward the release nut), than leave it for 30mins. that will take slightly more than 4L, just enough room for my Bardahl 2

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
yup.

Unless you change oil like what i do. I jack the car one side, so the oil will be flow in one level (toward the release nut), than leave it for 30mins. that will take slightly more than 4L, just enough room for my Bardahl 2

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today, I was already planning to take my car to a workshop as it's been lying there for quite awhile already. Been really busy and waiting for my cash to come in ...

See see come back from work ... intercooler got stolen ...

I'm actually quite happy because been trying to get rid of it for ages ... :lol:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience