What effects if disconnect speed sensor?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi sifus...

My situation is like this... I am running a 4AGE Blacktop but with a standard 4AFE dash wiring and speedometer. The 4AFE meter uses a mechanical feed for the speedo. My speedo now has malfunction due to the cable being worn out. I am thinking whether to:

1. Change the whole thing to sensor system; or
2. Keep it in mechanical mode. Just replace the broken cable

I would probably go for the less trouble and less cost option which is option 2, but I want to ask... Is there any bad effects from not plugging in the VSS "vehicle speed sensor in the Blacktop? Limited performance, bad fuel economy, etc... I know I do not have speed cut at 180 km/h right now but that is not a problem for me :biggrin:. I heard cases where the rev limit will drop to 7500 in silvertop, and low rpm performance will suffer. But how about blacktop?

Thanks...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Up...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Hi sifus...

My situation is like this... I am running a 4AGE Blacktop but with a standard 4AFE dash wiring and speedometer. The 4AFE meter uses a mechanical feed for the speedo. My speedo now has malfunction due to the cable being worn out. I am thinking whether to:

1. Change the whole thing to sensor system; or
2. Keep it in mechanical mode. Just replace the broken cable

I would probably go for the less trouble and less cost option which is option 2, but I want to ask... Is there any bad effects from not plugging in the VSS "vehicle speed sensor in the Blacktop? Limited performance, bad fuel economy, etc... I know I do not have speed cut at 180 km/h right now but that is not a problem for me :biggrin:. I heard cases where the rev limit will drop to 7500 in silvertop, and low rpm performance will suffer. But how about blacktop?

Thanks...
no input, no display.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
power and fc i dont know.. but for car with variable valve timing like vtec and mivec, they need the speed sensor signal to engage the mivec and vtec, mean no signal no vtec and mivec.. i not sure about vvti

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok, my car has already done 150,000kms and since I bought it used I'm not too sure whether the previous owner got send for overhaul before or not.

The engine feels rough and I think it's about time for an overhaul.
Should I sent the car to the authorised service centre for overhaul or can somebody recommend me a good workshop?

What's the cost usually for an engine overhaul?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience