What do you think of this?Any comment?

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
bro...impossible to grind the piston...we also amazed when we dismantled the head and found that the original piston of Myvi SE is almost same as L500 & L200...under groove so deep we thought it was underpowered...we really did grind some area in the head to lower down the compression...u can check with other Myvi owner whether their piston is same like this one...:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

bro...gearbox is manual but have transplanted from Daihatsu K-car and rojak it up

i own a myvi se too.07 model and i have plenty of myvi friend who did extreme modification to their ride.whether NA or Turbo.we did a lot of research and modification so far, and the myvi piston is flat on the top. i might be wrong though, but so far as i know the top is flat. not like urs where is a lil bit similar to yrv piston. which got kawah on top.
this is yrv piston. 8:1 compression ratio

maybe u mechanic korek the original piston?
i dont think how logic it is if ur mechanic grind the head can lead to a lower compression.
and i can sure it totally different from L5 and L2.Both of that is stock in turbocharge system.their compression ratio should be lower. k3ve is NA,compression ratio 10:1 and how logic it is for NA to run a lower compression piston without turbo?
if the original myvi piston already got lower compression, why most of the tuners out there who doing BOT project will choose yrv piston for replacement?and i myself experience twice of engine kaboomm becoz of BOT by using stock piston. even with a thick metal gasket.

Last edited:

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
i own a myvi se too.07 model and i have plenty of myvi friend who did extreme modification to their ride.whether NA or Turbo.we did a lot of research and modification so far, and the myvi piston is flat on the top. i might be wrong though, but so far as i know the top is flat. not like urs where is a lil bit similar to yrv piston. which got kawah on top.
this is yrv piston. 8:1 compression ratio

maybe u mechanic korek the original piston?
i dont think how logic it is if ur mechanic grind the head can lead to a lower compression.
and i can sure it totally different from L5 and L2.Both of that is stock in turbocharge system.their compression ratio should be lower. k3ve is NA,compression ratio 10:1 and how logic it is for NA to run a lower compression piston without turbo?
if the original myvi piston already got lower compression, why most of the tuners out there who doing BOT project will choose yrv piston for replacement?and i myself experience twice of engine kaboomm becoz of BOT by using stock piston. even with a thick metal gasket.
thats why me and my friend and the foreman are so dazzled when we open the engine an saw the piston like that...u can see the piston still black color from the carbon leftover...

bro...at the same time can we really 'korek' piston?after korek looks like what huh?sorry cause i never seen it before:stupid:if this does works...i mean if korek work...i wanna mod my scooter...hehehe

as for the grind...i did ask my foreman will it help to reduce the compression he replied to me is if no grind the area the piston will knock against the head if high boost...so i guess it does help...btw...my friend Myvi SE is plate JKJ...when push in to mod the millage is 1750

Attachments

myakac

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1.1 bar TD05 beyond 230 hp with stock piston?. only with black and white such as dyno chart will make me believe or why not you join Sepang Drag battle to prove it....

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
1.1 bar TD05 beyond 230 hp with stock piston?. only with black and white such as dyno chart will make me believe or why not you join Sepang Drag battle to prove it....
bro...will try to persuade him for the dyno...currently no go for any sepang or pasir gudang...tested at Buger King Senai Toll only cause this is a daily car:burnout:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Can ask your friend to take the video of the speedometer during acceleration? I am interested to know since your friend's modification is almost matching my modified GSR...yours is 1.3L and mine is 1.8L...mind to share the dyno chart as well?

bro...will try to persuade him for the dyno...currently no go for any sepang or pasir gudang...tested at Buger King Senai Toll only cause this is a daily car:burnout:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
thats why me and my friend and the foreman are so dazzled when we open the engine an saw the piston like that...u can see the piston still black color from the carbon leftover...

bro...at the same time can we really 'korek' piston?after korek looks like what huh?sorry cause i never seen it before:stupid:if this does works...i mean if korek work...i wanna mod my scooter...hehehe

as for the grind...i did ask my foreman will it help to reduce the compression he replied to me is if no grind the area the piston will knock against the head if high boost...so i guess it does help...btw...my friend Myvi SE is plate JKJ...when push in to mod the millage is 1750
About your statement I highlighted in bold. The grinding part I presume you are said is grinding the cylinder head. Grinding the head will make the compression ratio much higher because you are typically reducing the combustion space hence your combustion pressure will increase. This is not good if you are running high boost as you might face denotation or pre-ignition. Since you friend is boosting 1.1 bar the cylinder head should not be grind, a much thicker gasket or spacer should be added to lower the compression to allow the turbo to boost more.

Normally, the cylinder head is grinded if you want to increase the CR and power. Mostly done on NA engines. That's why you see those VTecs when they BOT and boosting high they would lower the CR instead of increasing it.

cheers.

Last edited:

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008

it is possible to do that. some of under tree modification will do that, but its totally unsafe. how reliable it is we dont know and needed a special calculation to be taken in order to get a lower compression.but still the piston wouldnt last long if doing this step as the original fraction is being altered.its still the best to change a new or 2nd hand low compression piston. for this case the most suitable piston is from yrv and 2e.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

About your statement I highlighted in bold. The grinding part I presume you are said is grinding the cylinder head. Grinding the head will make the compression ratio much higher because you are typically reducing the combustion space hence your combustion pressure will increase. This is not good if you are running high boost as you might face denotation or pre-ignition. Since you friend is boosting 1.1 bar the cylinder head should not be grind, a much thicker gasket or spacer should be added to lower the compression to allow the turbo to boost more.

Normally, the cylinder head is grinded if you want to increase the CR and power. Mostly done on NA engines. That's why you see those VTecs when they BOT and boosting high they would lower the CR instead of increasing it.

cheers.
this is what i m tring to explain.still need a logic explanation how a standard piston can withstand 1.1bar of boost from td05. even using stock yrv turbine with standard myvi piston and boosting at 0.7bar can cause a big hole at the block already.

Rally [><]

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Peejay
www.myvi.com.my
ok ok .. guys.. the mod work is fishy( coz the tuner wanna keep it their trade secret, thus the confusion) .. BUT.. I am more interested to know.. how the heck the supposedly "230whp" car put down the power to the tarmac with out frying the gearbox and breakin it to bits.. based on a "daihatsu marriage".. it will not be able to withstand 200whp or more..

This is thus the weirdest BUT most interesting mod work done.. large arsed cooler with a mere td05.. lag is unavoidable, meaning, straining ever component.. I am not very convinced its a daily driven.. coz with all the intensified lag.. its like towing a cow den suddenly speedy gonzales kicks in.. EVEN with 4tb.. that wont do much..

and fyi.. Im drivin a myvi AR60 with 6spd gearbox.. i would like to know more abt this devil monster lurking in JB!!!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Woh~~AR60 with 6 speed GB....bro the GB is from what car..

apeq, I'm also wanted to know.

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
the best if, the owner is willing, plz take a video of the car cruising, 0-100kmh, that is enough. we like to see the result, the recipe the tuner/mech can keep it, it's his secret anyway

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ya ya ....

me too eager to know what gearbox does fit to myvi....6speeder summore....

myakac

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The beyond 230 whp engine ( still waiting for dyno result ) plus 6 speed gearbox can consider utopia/ wet dream for all myvi owner....fuhh..may god bless this bolehland for having engineering marvel...me and daihatsu engineer will give full salute .....:burnout:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Counted very blessed again to be able to do a quick turn around for this bull.....a master piece from Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A

my first bull detailing many many years ago

tada
Ferruccio Lamborghini, the man who would found Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini S.p.A. in 1963

and so Lamborghini's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience