What Car ? Why ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It will sound electrifying :rofl:

Don't look down on electric cars, the Porsche Hybrid fully on Electric is kinda fast as well.
But then my only worries is Electric Bills and Maintenance for a full electric car.

But then no worries on what Engine oil to use, whether is fake or real :rofl:
Just worry about what brand of Battery on sale that time...

Maybe by that time Everyday will come out with Car Battery :rofl:
I know electric cars can be fast. Like those from Tesla Motors USA. But electric cars don't have turbo or even exhaust to make those nice sound. So, in a way it is fast, but some of the traditional characteristics of a car has been robbed off as well.

But when that day comes, we've got no choice but to accept it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I know electric cars can be fast. Like those from Tesla Motors USA. But electric cars don't have turbo or even exhaust to make those nice sound. So, in a way it is fast, but some of the traditional characteristics of a car has been robbed off as well.

Record the sound and play back through your stereo.....:biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
You can pretend you're in the future driving an "electric" car or trying to get used to it. Find your stereo's power cable and its speaker output cable and align it together. Probably the most realistic experience on a car w/o loud air filter and exhaust muffler. *WeeeEEEeeeeEEEeee*

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Record the sound and play back through your stereo.....:biggrin:
You can pretend you're in the future driving an "electric" car or trying to get used to it. Find your stereo's power cable and its speaker output cable and align it together. Probably the most realistic experience on a car w/o loud air filter and exhaust muffler. *WeeeEEEeeeeEEEeee*
That sounds almost like playing Need For Speed, Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsports already.
If like that, then the car can change sound depending on what you like for that day. Today feel like going for high rpm NA sound and plays VTEC engine sound. Or another day if feels like booosssstttt, turbo engine sound will be played with blow off pppsssssttttt :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You guys are referring to those people who trying to pretend and fool themselves that they are driving a turbocharged car with the fake turbo kepish kepish device installed in their car? Lol! :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You guys are referring to those people who trying to pretend and fool themselves that they are driving a turbocharged car with the fake turbo kepish kepish device installed in their car? Lol! :rofl:
Really got such a device to create blow off sound? :hmmmm:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Proton and Perodua will not be building hybrid or full electric within this coming 10 years, and guarantee 50% or more of the new cars on the road will be Proton and Perodua. Based on this logic, I disagree, let's visit this thread again in 8 years time.
Chill bro, Proton electric cars are a lot in the UK. Of course, for competition use only.
I remember one year, Proton almost sapu, but the Exora lost because of a miscalculation.

This might be another start.
Proton sign agreement to mass-produce electric cars | TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk

Yes, but not outside the car but in the car. I know there is one production car got that.
Top Gear showed it, i forgot the name. They choose GTR sound. LOL

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, but not outside the car but in the car. I know there is one production car got that.
Top Gear showed it, i forgot the name. They choose GTR sound. LOL
Sounds like a ridiculous function. Lol. But GT-R have blow off sound? I'm talking about R35.

ae92 corolla

Known Member
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Waren, just saw your post... its interesting to get a sports car.. but u have alot to consider... u jus started to work as an auditor, i presume in one of the big 4's...

i) Your beginning salary is ard RM 3,000 (gross) , net will be ard RM 2,700 (net).
ii) If a sports car within the range of RM 100,000 with a 5 years loan, u have to pay around RM 1k - RM 1.5k per month.
ii) If you are in the big four's, the parking fees and the food will kill you as most of the big 4's is in well developed area.
iv) Since you are a junior, you have to drive to client place everyday, make it worst have to ferry your peers together with the laptop bages... a two door coupe will harden the task... furthermore, it will make your life miserable as you have to ferry guy peers usually.
v) If your clients are at some factory area, then you get free parking... if your client is in KLCC, it will burn a hole in your pocket.
vi) Furthermore, your claims sometimes will be delayed by 2 to 3 months.

Listen my advice bro... i am AUDITOR too....hehehehe:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ii) If a sports car within the range of RM 100,000 with a 5 years loan, u have to pay around RM 1k - RM 1.5k per month.
Er.. I think there's a miscalculation error somewhere.

Car price - RM100,000
Interest rate for new car 2.5%
5 years = 60 months

So car price + interest for 5 years is = ((100,000 x 2.5%) x 5) + 100,000 = RM112,500
so divided by 60 months = RM1,875.

That's not even considering the 10% downpayment for the car which would be RM10,000 cash upfront, unless you can get 100% loan.

If second hand car the interest should be higher than 2.5%.

Banks will allow 40% of nett income for loans so if salary is RM3,000 then only RM1,200 is considered. Therefore loan will not be approved.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Aiyah, time will change, people will adapt. LIFE.
U can see yourself complaining now, bookmarked it, come back 10 years ltr.
See u will still complain or not.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Aiyah, time will change, people will adapt. LIFE.
U can see yourself complaining now, bookmarked it, come back 10 years ltr.
See u will still complain or not.
That time complain also no use because everything also changed already. Don't like it also must accept it. lol

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Got. Interested? :rofl: Can install your new car...:laugh:

Sounds like a ridiculous function. Lol. But GT-R have blow off sound? I'm talking about R35.
R35 so far from what I last recall during a friend's wedding never hear any blow off valve sound
from the GTR though but nice and sweet exhaust sound from it...pulling power was awesome.

Surprisingly, is comfortable too, not so at the rear if u r someone tall.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Got. Interested? :rofl: Can install your new car...:laugh:

Sounds stupid already. Furthermore, my phone already has an app that simulates blow off valve. LOL :rofl:

R35 so far from what I last recall during a friend's wedding never hear any blow off valve sound
from the GTR though but nice and sweet exhaust sound from it...pulling power was awesome.

Surprisingly, is comfortable too, not so at the rear if u r someone tall.

But to me, I think that each car should stick to their original characteristics. If it's NA, then just let it shine in the characteristics of NA instead of trying to act like forced induction cars. So, things like BOT does not really entice me.

I know right. I've seen a few R35 before in real life and I've never heard any BOV sound from them. I don't think modern cars have BOV.

Actually, I don't really know whether BOV is important or not in turbocharged cars. Stock Evo, Supra, Impreza, Skyline GT-R, Silvia and etc doesn't have BOV in their stock engines. So, I was thinking, where will they release the compressed air in the turbocharger? :confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience