What can you do if you're in danger on highway?

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Okay guys, enough of my story. Let's get back to the topic, alright?

If we call 112, how fast do you think the authorities will react on such situation? What will they do to rescue us?

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
not fast enuff to save your life...better drive the car to the nearest police station...if the said pursuer tend to ram your car...and happen to be in smaller car...just fight it back...what ever you do...don't ever go out of the car...especially, at secluded area...if on highway just drove to the nearest toll booth if you happen to be driving during office hour...if not...drive straight to police station and make a report...

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Actually, this is a very 'hot' car... just have to be more careful... or drive a cheaper car...

btw, better not confront these ppl .. just let them have the car.... usually they have guns or other weapons. Not worth dying for a car, unless you purposely want to.
My parents know there is no way they will stop and get out of the car in that dangerous situation. We have seen too many cases whether on TV or newspaper. We don't mind losing the car, but the problem these days is they will harm or kill us first before running away with the car, even if we surrender the key without any fight back.

About changing to a cheaper car, it may get rid of some unwanted attentions, but it's rather sad that we have to sacrifice the little joy we could afford, a comfortable Sunday drive with the family in this case, to exchange for our personal safety. It's pretty much the same as asking all the ladies to get obese and ugly just so the rapist will stay away from them. No?

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

not fast enuff to save your life...better drive the car to the nearest police station...if the said pursuer tend to ram your car...and happen to be in smaller car...just fight it back...what ever you do...don't ever go out of the car...especially, at secluded area...if on highway just drove to the nearest toll booth if you happen to be driving during office hour...if not...drive straight to police station and make a report...
Alright, I'll set up a list of police stations in the car navigation system, we just don't know when unfortunate event might strike.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I'd say that's bullshit seriously. I hope your parents made a report nonetheless. It's ridiculous to have been threatened like that. I would have just reported their asses and threaten to report to MACC if they continue to threaten.

MACC?..Mana Ada Corruption Case?..

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
dekaiser,
i stronly agreed wif wat u comment.....fight back.....langgar those bastard......

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

To, Jeff86ks,
since u said ur family afford to buy expensive car.....if ur hit those bastard.....ur car even total lost.....u stil able to own another new car.....so....wat worry....

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

my personal opinion/felling bout vellfire,......not so comfort.....compare to harrier......i sat on my friend car bfo....he bought at rm380k....tat moment i feel like.....aiya.....car so expensive......BUT.....comfort wise...no.....just like other normal japanese car....

jaj_prakaash

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
Jurong
Next time, if its the same race that u just mentioned, just ask your parents to knock into them and run them over. Then get a good lawyer. I would do that.

What do mean by if its the same race bro?? Shouldn't it be knock into them and run them over regardless of race or gender....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Yeah regardless of the race, just bang and cabut..These scumbags need to be taught..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My parents know there is no way they will stop and get out of the car in that dangerous situation. We have seen too many cases whether on TV or newspaper. We don't mind losing the car, but the problem these days is they will harm or kill us first before running away with the car, even if we surrender the key without any fight back.

About changing to a cheaper car, it may get rid of some unwanted attentions, but it's rather sad that we have to sacrifice the little joy we could afford, a comfortable Sunday drive with the family in this case, to exchange for our personal safety. It's pretty much the same as asking all the ladies to get obese and ugly just so the rapist will stay away from them. No?
Alright, I'll set up a list of police stations in the car navigation system, we just don't know when unfortunate event might strike.
Get a vehicle video recorder. The benefit of getting one, (especially in a country we are living in) "The safest country in the world", it can record everything while u drive, that way u won't be frame of being the culprit for certain accidents. For instance, ppl who emergency brake on purpose. Send it to the police station and report as endangering other motorist on the road with intention of causing accidents.

Other than that, as for your parent's case, at least everything was recorded down, and it is a solid
evidence about their intentions and the way they stop your car. Intention to hijack? Kidnap? Well, there is nothing to argue about when we have the evidence to show everything, mostly is use as a proof to prove that u r innocent when there is an accident which is not caused by you by denied by
the culprit.

Sometimes it does help other citizens on the road as well, for example such as this video:

Snatch Thieves attempt caught on video:
Malaysia snatch thieves on bike broke car window and rob Near Section 16 U-Turn.wmv - YouTube

Real Car Crash Caught on video:
Real Car Crash Caught on Video - YouTube

(I'm not selling nor promoting this brand, just happen to choose one randomly. :biggrin:)

Vehicle video recorder - Things you need to know before getting one

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I never see any car with radiator at the boot except those Italian/European million ringgit monster which I doubt anyone will use them to rob your car :rofl:. Drive fast and let them follow close then suddenly jam brake make sure use 2 legs just in case leg shaking. After the crash, release the brake and floor the pedal then go to the nearest police station. Car with radiator fail can't go too far. But you must turn the other way round and think what if the robber do a jam brake tactic. So don't tailgate people at highway. Either keep a distance or overtake it for some distance. The most important thing is you need to learn how to judge if the people in the car has intention to rob you. I never meet one before so I cannot tell the story. Car damage can claim insurance. so don't really need to worry if wanna jam brake at emergency.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
:hmmmm:
What if the hijacker driving stolen powerfull car..? I think the best way is to call the PLUS ronda or Local Authority and let them know..

If you see that you cannot outrun them, then you got no choice but to run them out,
First you slow your vehicle down, so that they are nearer to you, then to do an artificial semi sprint, watch the rear view mirror, if they gain distance on you, quickly slam on your brakes...(Make sure you do this only once,and do it right, and as a surprise to them),
the idea is to let them kiss your rear, the harder the better...
Once their radiator is broken, then let them follow you for about 1 or 2 km and you can start waving them goodbye....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
My advice is, if you suspect your tailgater is up to something... then you try to tailgate of stay in front of any car in front of you which have lots of passengers.. example a car with guys inside, as the may help you when needed. If you see an army truck its better...stay in front of them at the same speed. Worse come to worse... honk your horn all the way to make them panic and any passer by alert...Remember your toll ticket have emergency number on it..call them, Plus highway patrol either will come toward you or wait for you at the front. DO NOT trust anyone without uniforms AND official cars on highway.

Don't get out of your car by any chance..

Just my 2 cents...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if it was me, i'll smoke them..

leave them far behind..

then hide at R&R if possible

but usually i just go to my destination as fast as possible :biggrin:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
saw one harrier nearly hijacked infront off me lost month june... near the tunnel at ioi puchong resort, the BMW 5 siries blok that harrier.. come out 5 tough guys all with monkey cap, with parang and baseball bat... the poor guy not panic he hit the gas and reverse...and speeding beside the bimmer...luckly got space to go trough....he speeding until all the tryre smoked up...i'm very stunning to see this... walauwehh in that bright day light oso casn do this....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What the Indians told the policemen was, blaming my father driving recklessly on the highway and he just wanted to teach my father a lesson. But the truth was, on a heavy traffic highway, my 60 years old father was driving accordingly and they appeared out of nowhere, pull a few attempts to ram into my parents' car and stopped my parents right on the highway. So we all assumed this was a hijack attempt.

Rather disappointingly, the policemen let them go without further check, no frisk search, not even searching their car. They were more interested in arguing with my parents to pay for the damage of their car, which was government owned. My parents suggested to follow them to the nearest police station and lodge an official report. However, my parents were threatened better not to do so, because it would turn out ugly for us.

With no other options, we parents had to agree to pay for the damage. Only then they let my parents go.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

it is Vellfire 3.5 V6
Cool! Police instead of helping the victims, victimizes them further.

The police force is government servants, an extension of the government. If you do not wish to live in this kind of environment, change the government.

As for the rest of you saying go faster, speed up.
1. His father 60 y/o lah, and not a trained driver. Public roads got traffic. Don't encourage him to try to get himself killed or kill others. 180km/h and above? Srsly?
2. Get security tints if you haven't! Llumar 8mils FTW
3. Don't ever get out of the car
4. Call the police and PLUS on the phone, note the car make, model and registration number, most likely stolen

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
:hmmmm:

If you see that you cannot outrun them, then you got no choice but to run them out,
First you slow your vehicle down, so that they are nearer to you, then to do an artificial semi sprint, watch the rear view mirror, if they gain distance on you, quickly slam on your brakes...(Make sure you do this only once,and do it right, and as a surprise to them),
the idea is to let them kiss your rear, the harder the better...
Once their radiator is broken, then let them follow you for about 1 or 2 km and you can start waving them goodbye....
The harder the better? do you know that you can easily snap your neck from a rear impact collision?....that only works in movies...