What can I do with Satria Neo's Campro Engine?

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Dear Members All,

Wanna share some information with u guys, its true but it might happen or not still being unknown status. Proton's latest technology:

New variable intake geometry system for Campro!
Campro variable intake module production-ready!

I'm not so sure of the whole production and technology, just read it through a website, and there's alot of different comments. Here's the web address, click it and read;

Campro variable intake module production-ready!

Wonder how good it is especially the torque improvement, and most importantly will it be on the market, if yes how soon?

vee kay

Known Member
May 8, 2006
theres no problem or mistaken wif da CAMPRO ENGINE.
da main probs for da NA engine is....
1-BODY WEIGHT OF DA CAR !
2-the total molecul of Air n Fuel Ratio into da intake.
3-the small final gear..the gear that move ya 4.9 big Final Gear.
4-the duration of CAM lift..you should try to grind it to (270+,280+)
5-less respond due to big wheel,16 above not suitable for NA !

try to test drive juz by doing this..

TAKE OUT YA LEFT N BACK SEATS,TOGETHER WIF SPARE TYRE..
CHANGE DA DROP IN AIR FILTER TO THE PERFOMANCE (USED DA DROP IN)..
REBORE / CUSTOM TROTLLE BODY..
CHANGE DA CUSTOM EXTRACTOR (JASMA 4-2-1 B16A PATTERN) + CENTRE BOX + 2 INCH REAR MUFFLER (304 5ZIGEN)..PIPING SIZE 2`2- S FLOW TYPE..
FUEL REG / SAFC / MANAGEMENT..
272 / 288 DEGREE CAMSHAFT..
SURELY U CAN OVERTAKE DA VTEC USER (vtec 1.6 Jela)

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
theres no problem or mistaken wif da CAMPRO ENGINE.
da main probs for da NA engine is....
1-BODY WEIGHT OF DA CAR !
2-the total molecul of Air n Fuel Ratio into da intake.
3-the small final gear..the gear that move ya 4.9 big Final Gear.
4-the duration of CAM lift..you should try to grind it to (270+,280+)
5-less respond due to big wheel,16 above not suitable for NA !

try to test drive juz by doing this..

TAKE OUT YA LEFT N BACK SEATS,TOGETHER WIF SPARE TYRE..
CHANGE DA DROP IN AIR FILTER TO THE PERFOMANCE (USED DA DROP IN)..
REBORE / CUSTOM TROTLLE BODY..
CHANGE DA CUSTOM EXTRACTOR (JASMA 4-2-1 B16A PATTERN) + CENTRE BOX + 2 INCH REAR MUFFLER (304 5ZIGEN)..PIPING SIZE 2`2- S FLOW TYPE..
FUEL REG / SAFC / MANAGEMENT..
272 / 288 DEGREE CAMSHAFT..
SURELY U CAN OVERTAKE DA VTEC USER (vtec 1.6 Jela)
Thanks vee kay, pretty detail and pro about ur description, will definitely note it down for my future referrence. So like what u said, the whole total weight of Neo is damn heavy?

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Thanks FVel,

So u r currently modding ur GTi? Or Putra? Hmm, maybe will ask for ur opinions on modding after my future Neo expires it's warranty. Haven't really been into modding my own car, but have been learning into it through my best mechanical engineer (my brother):biggrin: One of the good things that my future car would be more than half being taken care by a mechanical engineer. Anyway by the time when my future Neo expires it's warranty, I guess that's the best time when I mod it cause as for now I would say Neo's parts or aftermarket is still not as many or as hot as Myvi's one. Maybe another 1 or 2 years it might be all around the shops.

One thing, I've asked one of the Proton showroom in Subang that they said I'll need to wait for 3 months for the car to arrive. That's kinda long and I might be very impatient of waiting for the damn 3 months, anyone would recommend a solution for faster delivery? Wonder why Proton and Perodua is always having this problem while other manufacturer does not.:hmmmm:

Neither. My daily is a 12 year old Iswara. I thought of buying a new car but at the moment, there's really nothing out there that meets my budget. I took at least a year looking over options before making a decision on having Powerzone mod the car for me. The way I see it, I just have Powerzone put in a blueprinted engine and add in all their hp mods, and handling mods and I'll have a practically brand new car that goes and handle better and last a good many years with proper care.

Probably everything will be cheaper if I actually took more effort to DIY, but I'm nowhere that competent, so I pay a little more for some peace of mind and leave it to a qualified tuner to do all the work.

Should be a decent 'Sleeper' when the car is finished. Won't eat any M5s for breakfast, but won't exactly be a pushover either like a stock 1.3 Iswara.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
yes.. u can get the neo n upgrade the engine parts.. power zone n R3 woould provide a lot of modifications for u.. but.. NA is expensive to mod to gain High Hp.. but itll be a lot better than a stock neo..

for the neo heavy rev.. u gonna need a open pod Air filter+tuned exhaust.. better change the extractor as well..

ryan_onizuka

Feb 23, 2006
u can try to Rebore it & use oversized high comp piston. Exedy Racing Clutch.
Port & Polish the Engine head. Ligthen fly wheel & crank. U may get higher torque wf it

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Thanks Luka & Ryan, for ur helpful info. Anyway, does anyone of u have any recognized or any recommended workshops or accessories shops for tuning and performance that comes with good resonable price?? Not an expensive ones, some really reasonable ones...? Around KL or PJ area?? Thanks...

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Why suddenly all people inside here stopped replying already? So sad... Dear all, pls continue to give any, whatever comments u want on Satria Neo 1.6 (M)...?

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Dear all,

Anyone from here are the member of SatriaNeoClub member? I would like to know more about the club, and ppl who are not member of the club, anyone would like to share their opinions or comments about these automotive club?
What do u think about these clubs?

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
i heard about cam pro bot on turbo from a proton salesman is there any turbo campro out there??

Blitzkreig

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
CKP
blitzkreig.multiply.com
I believe satria neo is a good platform for modification because of its rigid chassis. I think it would respond well to aftermarket suspension kits. As for the power output. I believe that powerzone has an exhaust system that increase the power a bit but more importantly, also smoothen out the torque curve. Thai Persona's have also been launched with the CPS system. According to reports, it has an increase of 15hp which would bring the power output up to about 125hp (on flywheel). A CAI will also help in the throttle response as well. By adding a piggyback ecu and have it properly tuned on a Dyno, you can take full advantage of both the exhaust and the intake mods that have been done.

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
sifoo, this one ahh??..

wah...sifoo sky oredy mod a Neo monster liao...now oly know that i'm really a 'frog' inside the longkang...way too far left behind liao..

will paid a full attention to learn how to "open/pops up the hood'....damn....:mad:

sifoo sky, let me bow u...:adore:1 kuk kong, :adore:2 kuk kong, :adore:3 kuk kong....

3 'hiong tao; to sifoo Sky...:adore::adore::adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As mentioned in the title, I am desperate to know did any Myvi owners do such modifications on their car?

Myvi's gearthrow is long and non-mechanical (Let's face it, it's fact). And upon googling it is not helpful.

Or most owner actually choose to live with it instead?

Thank-you very much for the reply. =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience