What are you driving now?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yah, don't know why Mitsu cannot make the 6 speeders as tough as the 5.

If convert from 7, the head lamp also a bit different with the 8 & 9.

When the fuel warning light is on, already consume about 40ltrs with only 10 or so liters left, so if can only get 7-8km/ltr then the range would be around 280-320km, maybe up to 350km if you push it until 45ltrs used.
I actually thought the front lamp for Evo 7 is same with 8 and 9. Thought the different look is caused by bumper design.

Oh, for my car, I never tried until fuel warning light on. So that means I can probably still drive for at least 50km more or something.

There are already a few Inspira doing such conversion already. I'll say some of them did it very well. Much more convincing than Wira convert Evo 1,2,3.

Like this one.

http://www.hypertunemag.com/hot-rides/inspired-to-evolve-evo-powered-inspira/

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
But you said before the 5 speeder is tougher than 6. Also even for Evo 8, they have 5 speed for RS spec. Evo 9 I think they have too.

Exterior look can be swapped off easily for CT9A Evo. Easier than GDB Impreza. :biggrin:

50 litre tank is not big for a thirsty car like Evo. I think the tank for my Wira is also 50 litre.
i have a theory as to why its got a 5 speed.... i susect its 'only' got the 5 speed cause in competitive racing, those get thrown out in favor of racing sequential transmissions.... sust a suspicion of mine

I actually thought the front lamp for Evo 7 is same with 8 and 9. Thought the different look is caused by bumper design.

Oh, for my car, I never tried until fuel warning light on. So that means I can probably still drive for at least 50km more or something.

There are already a few Inspira doing such conversion already. I'll say some of them did it very well. Much more convincing than Wira convert Evo 1,2,3.

Like this one.

http://www.hypertunemag.com/hot-rides/inspired-to-evolve-evo-powered-inspira/
oh this car. I read the owner spent in excess of 500k on it. you know.... i have always wondered how the owner managed to pour 500k into the car... unless its been through several iterations and thats the total spent on it till date, that's somewhat plausible,

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i have a theory as to why its got a 5 speed.... i susect its 'only' got the 5 speed cause in competitive racing, those get thrown out in favor of racing sequential transmissions.... sust a suspicion of mine

oh this car. I read the owner spent in excess of 500k on it. you know.... i have always wondered how the owner managed to pour 500k into the car... unless its been through several iterations and thats the total spent on it till date, that's somewhat plausible,
Maybe 5 speed is also lighter than 6 speed gearbox. Someone should do a test between a 6 speed and 5 speed same generation Evo in terms of acceleration.

500k on Inspira Evo conversion? Sounds ridiculous and stupid to me. I mean, if you have 500k, you could have just get a real CZ4A Evo X instead and still have money to buy a CT9A Evo and Impreza WRX STI and maybe one more Skyline GT-R.

If you factor in the price of a new Inspira 2.0, that will be around 90k plus. Buy Evo X halfcut probably 30k plus. Then do full external body conversion which includes the wide rear fender. Add in this and that, I don't think the total will go over 200k. Well, at least that is enough for a stock spec Evo X conversion. If still want to mod the engine further, might cost more. :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe 5 speed is also lighter than 6 speed gearbox. Someone should do a test between a 6 speed and 5 speed same generation Evo in terms of acceleration.

500k on Inspira Evo conversion? Sounds ridiculous and stupid to me. I mean, if you have 500k, you could have just get a real CZ4A Evo X instead and still have money to buy a CT9A Evo and Impreza WRX STI and maybe one more Skyline GT-R.

If you factor in the price of a new Inspira 2.0, that will be around 90k plus. Buy Evo X halfcut probably 30k plus. Then do full external body conversion which includes the wide rear fender. Add in this and that, I don't think the total will go over 200k. Well, at least that is enough for a stock spec Evo X conversion. If still want to mod the engine further, might cost more. :biggrin:
Some people just have too much money to burn and doesn't know what to do with it. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Some people just have too much money to burn and doesn't know what to do with it. :biggrin:
Now we've heard people doing such conversion on Inspira, but I haven't heard of people doing such full conversion on the normal Lancer GT to Evo over here. Why not? Used Lancer GT is not so expensive nowadays.

Actual Evo X too common, must have Inspiration Evo X......lol
Give it like 10 more years later, Inspira Evo will be as common as Wira Evo. So much easier to convert as well and no restriction like transplant 4G63T to Wira now.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Give it like 10 more years later, Inspira Evo will be as common as Wira Evo. So much easier to convert as well and no restriction like transplant 4G63T to Wira now.
Nope, I don't think so. Wira time transplant Evo engine much cheaper than Evo X engine......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
PeterJ : can do me a favour and take a pic of your EVO X roofline from the back? I wanna see the roof bulge.

then how about this legendary 5 potter turbo brick? :biggrin:

http://www.mudah.my/1996+Volvo+850+2+3+Turbo+Wagon+A+-55102043.htm

5cylinder turbo that closely mimicking legendary audi quattro group rally car sound :driver:
Don't like Volvo modded. Plain old XC90 newest model with hybrid tech for family car.

Hahahaha, but still, You like 7/10 Evo out there. I only know there is 1 Jackie Chan edition which is the IX and that one looked ugly with the riced bodykit.

Most hardcore Evo I might say is Evo VIII instead of IX. The MIVEC 4G63T is not that good for modding compared to the normal 4G63T.
Erm... dude.. "not that good for modding"? What basis do you have to say this?

Hahaha.....too many candidate for izso to choose liao.
Stick or auto ? Screaming / silent ? Powderful / powarful ?
If I ever buy a second car it will never be auto. Unless it's a Merc SLS or SLR.

I'd still go with the 9 unless can get the 8MR at a much better price.
SAME.. but I'd never buy a Subaru.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

If I ever buy a second car it will never be auto. Unless it's a Merc SLS or SLR.

I'd buy AMG A45 for an auto car. SLS & SLR are unreachable already for me.

Hmm for me never say never, who knows someday Subaru makes a very good car too.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
PeterJ : can do me a favour and take a pic of your EVO X roofline from the back? I wanna see the roof bulge.

Don't like Volvo modded. Plain old XC90 newest model with hybrid tech for family car.

Erm... dude.. "not that good for modding"? What basis do you have to say this?

Sorry bro. Izso, hehe.. Mine is adm edm model, brand new from. Mitsubishi, which make it more like inspira, because instead the car plate in front, no bulge, coz sunroof:smokin::rofl:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
I got rockford fosgate sound system but only play 8 cd , headlight sprayer, sunroof, leather recaro instead of fabric, multi function steering wheel, 8 or 10 airbags i not sure forgotten , which contribute to increase in weight as compare to normal model

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Honestly speaking, those inspira conversation make the car look more evo x than ori evo x...