What are you driving now?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Coz many modern cars cannot turn off completely too even if it says turn off! For example Mark X VSC, got button that says turn off but actually not 100% off, same goes with VW Golf R.
Well, to him at least gotl some percentage manual rather then all controlled by electronics.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Every time when free, will go mudah to check out cars. Normally like to search for Impreza, Skyline, Evo, 350Z.

Yeah. If not STI, will be Evo. :biggrin:

Now the price gap between Evo 8 GSR and Impreza WRX STI Version 8 is like 20k difference. Used to be very closely priced but now the gap is getting wider. But when it comes to Evo 7, price dropped a lot compared to 8.

If just type Evo, sure those Proton Evo will appear too. Perdana Evo, Satria Evo, Wira Evo, Putra Evo. Sometimes, Mitsubishi Storm Evo will also appear. :rofl:
Subaru prices go down as normal cars, that's why. On the other hand Evo prices especially the 8MR & 9 have very good staying power leh. So even STI V9 now can already be cheaper than an 8 GSR despite being 2-3 yrs younger age! Yes, only the 7 drops like normal even though still higher than the WRX. So if you like WRX then it's good to buy coz more affordable.

Filter by Mitsubishi first la, then manual gearbox, then Evo. Yes would still get all those Storm Evo but at least no more Protons!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Subaru prices go down as normal cars, that's why. On the other hand Evo prices especially the 8MR & 9 have very good staying power leh. So even STI V9 now can already be cheaper than an 8 GSR despite being 2-3 yrs younger age! Yes, only the 7 drops like normal even though still higher than the WRX. So if you like WRX then it's good to buy coz more affordable.

Filter by Mitsubishi first la, then manual gearbox, then Evo. Yes would still get all those Storm Evo but at least no more Protons!
Price of Mitsubishi cars in Malaysia is like Honda. Like those old EG, EK hatch. Price always staying high. Yeah, I think some version 9 is cheaper than 8 GSR. Version 7 now drop to like 50k plus which will soon be very near GC8 price range. However, price of GC8 seems not to move much. Always around 40k plus since few years ago and never lower.

I din't use filter option. No wonder always got unnecessary results. :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Price of Mitsubishi cars in Malaysia is like Honda. Like those old EG, EK hatch. Price always staying high. Yeah, I think some version 9 is cheaper than 8 GSR. Version 7 now drop to like 50k plus which will soon be very near GC8 price range. However, price of GC8 seems not to move much. Always around 40k plus since few years ago and never lower.

I din't use filter option. No wonder always got unnecessary results. :rofl:
Coz GC8 is already very rare, just like those Evo 1-6. Evo 4-6 prices now still stay high of around 50-60k, so about the same as the 7 while the 1-3 are sky high! That's why if looking at that, the 7 seems to be the best buy now out of all Evos, and now got many still trying to sell also even though some still asking over 70k.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
if i not wrong, evo 10 ASC got 3 mode, normal mode with asc on is with throttle traction control, brake vsc, click to turn off one time, throttle traction control off,vsc still on, click maintain few second will off asc 2nd step which off the vsc and throttle traction control....

modern car is easier to drive but sorry,honest speaking really for people who dunno how to drive or dare to steer, for ppl who dare to steer , u steer a lot and step on pedal more, the electronic help you auto brake to perform more turn in, then oversteer then traction control sign come to cut ur throttle:banghead: so need like sifu said close all the feel the real driving mode, but abs ayc and acd all still working....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAjT6R0WBA

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Coz GC8 is already very rare, just like those Evo 1-6. Evo 4-6 prices now still stay high of around 50-60k, so about the same as the 7 while the 1-3 are sky high! That's why if looking at that, the 7 seems to be the best buy now out of all Evos, and now got many still trying to sell also even though some still asking over 70k.
The original status of GC8 is also quite hard to be determined unlike original Evo where they go by a specific chassis code. WRX chassis is written as GC8, WRX STI is also written as GC8 and there are 6 generations of it. Unless you can decipher the remaining letters and numbering accurately, it will be quite hard to know the original spec of GC8. However, I think whether originally STI or not, version 2,3 or even the newer 5,6, they still go for about the same price. So I guess the best buy would be a later model like Version 5 or 6 STI.

I think the general lack of interest in 7 caused its price to drop lower than other Evo. Evo 7 and Evo 8 is quite similar isn't it? Other than the lack of 6 speed gearbox across all variants of 7. Earlier you are able to highlight quite some difference between 8 and 9, but how about 7 and 8?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
but i always put my asc on during daily driven, for max safety, real life example in malaysia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKBoW0gFB2c

7 and 8 the exterior are diff, turbo code diff, that is what i know.. the gb are interchangeable, evo 8 also got 5 speed one if not wrong..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Apart from the gearbox and the cosmetics, as far as I know Evo 7 & 8 are not that much difference. The 7 is slightly lighter though but the 5 speeders would make the FC even worse. Maybe got minor differences in AYC and turbo but not as much as the 8 to 9 difference.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Apart from the gearbox and the cosmetics, as far as I know Evo 7 & 8 are not that much difference. The 7 is slightly lighter though but the 5 speeders would make the FC even worse. Maybe got minor differences in AYC and turbo but not as much as the 8 to 9 difference.
If so, I really don't see why 7 is much less favorable when it is so similar with 8. 8 and 9 is very popular and well received. :confused:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If so, I really don't see why 7 is much less favorable when it is so similar with 8. 8 and 9 is very popular and well received. :confused:
Well gearbox is in itself is a rather big difference. I'd also prefer a 6 speeders. Then maybe the exterior design, people maybe like the 8 front face better. The 7 face may look a bit more outdated already coz more squarish. That's all I can think of.

Btw for the later release of 8 and then continued to the 9, the fuel tank size if not mistaken is slightly larger by a few liters, not sure exactly the numbers. Hence the travel distance can be slightly further. The older Evos have only 50 ltrs capacity so with their thirsty FC, the distance became too short.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well gearbox is in itself is a rather big difference. I'd also prefer a 6 speeders. Then maybe the exterior design, people maybe like the 8 front face better. The 7 face may look a bit more outdated already coz more squarish. That's all I can think of.

Btw for the later release of 8 and then continued to the 9, the fuel tank size if not mistaken is slightly larger by a few liters, not sure exactly the numbers. Hence the travel distance can be slightly further. The older Evos have only 50 ltrs capacity so with their thirsty FC, the distance became too short.
But you said before the 5 speeder is tougher than 6. Also even for Evo 8, they have 5 speed for RS spec. Evo 9 I think they have too.

Exterior look can be swapped off easily for CT9A Evo. Easier than GDB Impreza. :biggrin:

50 litre tank is not big for a thirsty car like Evo. I think the tank for my Wira is also 50 litre.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But you said before the 5 speeder is tougher than 6. Also even for Evo 8, they have 5 speed for RS spec. Evo 9 I think they have too.

Exterior look can be swapped off easily for CT9A Evo. Easier than GDB Impreza. :biggrin:

50 litre tank is not big for a thirsty car like Evo. I think the tank for my Wira is also 50 litre.
Yes it's tougher but only necessary if you want to extensively mod for really big power. Even up to 500HP the 6 speeders is still good enough and should provide better response due to shorter gears but higher top speeds too while giving slightly better FC. So I prefer the 6 speeders. All CT9As have 5 speeder version.

Ya, exterior and interiors easily can convert to 8 or 9 as long as got money.

That's the thing! It's still based on a Lancer hence the same fuel tank capacity even though the car is a lot more thirsty.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes it's tougher but only necessary if you want to extensively mod for really big power. Even up to 500HP the 6 speeders is still good enough and should provide better response due to shorter gears but higher top speeds too while giving slightly better FC. So I prefer the 6 speeders. All CT9As have 5 speeder version.

Ya, exterior and interiors easily can convert to 8 or 9 as long as got money.

That's the thing! It's still based on a Lancer hence the same fuel tank capacity even though the car is a lot more thirsty.
The 5 speeder seems more like suitable for track/competition build since they are tougher and came together with RS spec cars as RS cars are normally chosen for heavy mods. Funny that Mitsubishi's 5 speeder is tougher than 6 speeder while for Subaru, what I heard is, the 6 speeder in STI is tougher than the 5 speeder in WRX.

Converting exterior will just require bumper, spoiler, hood and rear lamp change. For GDB Impreza, need to change even more stuff because the whole front face is different.

I guess a full tank of fuel in Evo won't even be enough for 300km mileage. Mine when reach 300km mileage, fuel already nearing empty.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
7 and 8 the exterior are diff, turbo code diff, that is what i know.. the gb are interchangeable, evo 8 also got 5 speed one if not wrong..
Interior also got slight difference for the metre console/cluster. Seats I'm not too sure. I think different too?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The 5 speeder seems more like suitable for track/competition build since they are tougher and came together with RS spec cars as RS cars are normally chosen for heavy mods. Funny that Mitsubishi's 5 speeder is tougher than 6 speeder while for Subaru, what I heard is, the 6 speeder in STI is tougher than the 5 speeder in WRX.

Converting exterior will just require bumper, spoiler, hood and rear lamp change. For GDB Impreza, need to change even more stuff because the whole front face is different.

I guess a full tank of fuel in Evo won't even be enough for 300km mileage. Mine when reach 300km mileage, fuel already nearing empty.
Yah, don't know why Mitsu cannot make the 6 speeders as tough as the 5.

If convert from 7, the head lamp also a bit different with the 8 & 9.

When the fuel warning light is on, already consume about 40ltrs with only 10 or so liters left, so if can only get 7-8km/ltr then the range would be around 280-320km, maybe up to 350km if you push it until 45ltrs used.