What are you driving now?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Suzuki Swift Sport Zc31s

This is my first car, after graduated from college and enter working life was looking for a sub 100k hatchback with proper manual gearbox. There was limited choices as i wanted a brand new car. So i let with 2 choices either a Swift Sport or Satria Neo. If Honda bring in the CR-Z earlier maybe i would have go for it instead. Despite it needs Ron97 fuel to run, even happier if i feed her with Ron 100. this car never failed to put a smile on my face whenever i encounter twisted road and still until today making me use the longer route home. From end of last year Suzie has been retired as daily driver. Now it's my weekend and track day car.

Golf Gti MK6

Now my daily driver. no plan to mod it just yet.. just wheel change and sticky rubber. even the rear light has yet change to R tail light. for now just want it as more comfy yet can be 'fun' car for daily commute hahaha.

Interesting airbox on your ZC31S. Carbon fibre?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If number plate only different then easier but I have seen many reports same everything from model, make and color.....:banghead:
This is why d since car geran written all the details especially those expensive continental cars owner whom will not simply change the car color..
nowadays theft also pro liao d..:mad:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
DSC00529.jpg

it all start when i first join zth as an innocent youngster that watch too much initial d and fast and furious :biggrin: always think of making own car faster, my first car was a proton wira passed down from my brother, riced up outlook, then i start to spend $$ on illegal mod on the car, like a terbalik engine and 4wd:biggrin:

Pro: powerful car to drive

Con: poor handling and stability(easily understeer),you cant change what it is designed for,especially i did not do special mod on the chassis, poor comfort, poor fuel efficiency

1223.JPG

due to reckless driving, totalled the wira, heart broken, feels like wanna retire mod car :banghead:, moved to a civic eg 4 door manual stock d16 sohc, at the beginning , just think of drive it stock (most of car guy mind, "i will keep it stock") ....at the end, still start with a b16a, then turbo, in the end ,in abt 2 years time before i let go it, most B series engine combination had already been going into the engine bay :thefinger:

Pro: decent power and handling, mostly use it on drag, and on this car i start to learn not only to spend money,but due to my mechanic weird attitude (he force me to diy if i wanna built the car faster to get out of garage),i learn basics to built engine, under carriage,hands on trainning:nurse:

Cons: this car really mean to have balance between power and handling,when too much power,handling fully screwed up and become straight line car only, decent high speed stability since i do not do any aero on it so high speed above is 140 on winding road i feel my ball start getting smaller :biggrin: parts for honda are really expensive than other brand, block is not "bullet proof" like 4g63 (last incident is i crack my block on a b16a non vtec turbo,then i move to b18c gsr,put in nitrous before sell it though:thefinger:) last but not least fuel efficiency consider better a bit than the previous wira

e2.jpg

Then,after the civic, luckily that i meet my friend who wanna let go his evo, and he accept trade in my civic (got another of his friend want buy my civic through him),and got friendly installment from him :five:,so i trade it for his car and drive till now, along the way work my ass out to rebuilt,mod it, and dont forget to pay the debt,after 2 years it finally officially mine, keep it till now

Pro: good handling and ride, good reliability and basic 4wd to take care, highest power car i had driven so far start with the wira, light weight chassis but with good control of the massive power

Cons: decent fuel economy(city driving heavy jam ,hot weather all the way full tank last 300km or even less), less comfort and not suitable for daily driven (because owner keep heavy mod :biggrin:) for a 20 years plus car, lots of wear and tear need to take care of.

e1.jpg

after 2 years finished paying off the debt, and another friend is letting go his evo 10 which is the first real evo i had ever touch since i first drive the wira back in 2008, after few sleepless night of thinking(i am a lancer evo enthusiast btw), i decided to make myself suffer more to get it , "debting" myself again after i finally debt free for a moment with the bank and get it

Pro: Power,handling,high speed stability, comfort are all found in this car, TC-SST also made the car suitable to put all the power in use while retain daily driven ability,new S-AWC make the car very easy to drive since mostly are computer taking car of it,even a noob can drive well in corner

Cons: extra maintenance as compare to the evo 3, new technology,a lot of extra stuffs need extra care,TC-SST alone consume more than 1k for the service, and due to TC-SST power level needed to be controlled,much heavier body so acceleration and corner exit speed or acceleration is totally different compared to e3, fuel economy is not an option here especially jam city driving with hot weather, and not forget the debt i carry for the next few years:nurse:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
not forget, a big same CON for both of the current ride, one is called wira on is called inspira by other people :thefinger:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
not forget, a big same CON for both of the current ride, one is called wira on is called inspira by other people :thefinger:
but yours is genuine lancer 4wd? means legally 4wd evo3? or ??

3 years time till i get e3 or other 4wd body to plonk in my e3 engine..hahaha:adore:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
View attachment 564119

it all start when i first join zth as an innocent youngster that watch too much initial d and fast and furious :biggrin: always think of making own car faster, my first car was a proton wira passed down from my brother, riced up outlook, then i start to spend $$ on illegal mod on the car, like a terbalik engine and 4wd:biggrin:

Pro: powerful car to drive

Con: poor handling and stability(easily understeer),you cant change what it is designed for,especially i did not do special mod on the chassis, poor comfort, poor fuel efficiency

View attachment 564120

due to reckless driving, totalled the wira, heart broken, feels like wanna retire mod car :banghead:, moved to a civic eg 4 door manual stock d16 sohc, at the beginning , just think of drive it stock (most of car guy mind, "i will keep it stock") ....at the end, still start with a b16a, then turbo, in the end ,in abt 2 years time before i let go it, most B series engine combination had already been going into the engine bay :thefinger:

Pro: decent power and handling, mostly use it on drag, and on this car i start to learn not only to spend money,but due to my mechanic weird attitude (he force me to diy if i wanna built the car faster to get out of garage),i learn basics to built engine, under carriage,hands on trainning:nurse:

Cons: this car really mean to have balance between power and handling,when too much power,handling fully screwed up and become straight line car only, decent high speed stability since i do not do any aero on it so high speed above is 140 on winding road i feel my ball start getting smaller :biggrin: parts for honda are really expensive than other brand, block is not "bullet proof" like 4g63 (last incident is i crack my block on a b16a non vtec turbo,then i move to b18c gsr,put in nitrous before sell it though:thefinger:) last but not least fuel efficiency consider better a bit than the previous wira

View attachment 564122

Then,after the civic, luckily that i meet my friend who wanna let go his evo, and he accept trade in my civic (got another of his friend want buy my civic through him),and got friendly installment from him :five:,so i trade it for his car and drive till now, along the way work my ass out to rebuilt,mod it, and dont forget to pay the debt,after 2 years it finally officially mine, keep it till now

Pro: good handling and ride, good reliability and basic 4wd to take care, highest power car i had driven so far start with the wira, light weight chassis but with good control of the massive power

Cons: decent fuel economy(city driving heavy jam ,hot weather all the way full tank last 300km or even less), less comfort and not suitable for daily driven (because owner keep heavy mod :biggrin:) for a 20 years plus car, lots of wear and tear need to take care of.

View attachment 564121

after 2 years finished paying off the debt, and another friend is letting go his evo 10 which is the first real evo i had ever touch since i first drive the wira back in 2008, after few sleepless night of thinking(i am a lancer evo enthusiast btw), i decided to make myself suffer more to get it , "debting" myself again after i finally debt free for a moment with the bank and get it

Pro: Power,handling,high speed stability, comfort are all found in this car, TC-SST also made the car suitable to put all the power in use while retain daily driven ability,new S-AWC make the car very easy to drive since mostly are computer taking car of it,even a noob can drive well in corner

Cons: extra maintenance as compare to the evo 3, new technology,a lot of extra stuffs need extra care,TC-SST alone consume more than 1k for the service, and due to TC-SST power level needed to be controlled,much heavier body so acceleration and corner exit speed or acceleration is totally different compared to e3, fuel economy is not an option here especially jam city driving with hot weather, and not forget the debt i carry for the next few years:nurse:
Long and well written story about your car ownership experience. :biggrin: Really impressed with the daring attempt at putting an Evo IV engine into a Wira and further converted it into 4WD. How complicated is it to put in a 'terbalik' CK type engine into those older chassis like Wira?

Both your CD9A and CZ4A looked awesome side by side. 10 generations of Evolution. :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Long and well written story about your car ownership experience. :biggrin: Really impressed with the daring attempt at putting an Evo IV engine into a Wira and further converted it into 4WD. How complicated is it to put in a 'terbalik' CK type engine into those older chassis like Wira?

Both your CD9A and CZ4A looked awesome side by side. 10 generations of Evolution. :biggrin:
the left and right engine mount need to be change direction with each other, other than that not much major work

2 generations down, work die die work harder to collect another 2 generations:burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the left and right engine mount need to be change direction with each other, other than that not much major work

2 generations down, work die die work harder to collect another 2 generations:burnout:
Then how about the front cross member? Remain in same position?

You want to add in a CT9A chassis too? And another CN9A or CP9A? :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
The crossmember fit directly, but fire wall ketuk a bit if not wrong, i am using evo 4 crossmember that time

Just one more ct and cp/cn

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The crossmember fit directly, but fire wall ketuk a bit if not wrong, i am using evo 4 crossmember that time

Just one more ct and cp/cn
Now CT9A is getting more expensive. Price not really going down. As for CN9A or CP9A, seems hard to find the original chassis as there many converted CK chassis going around.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need some advice,

4G15 engine with MMC ECU - I bought one 4g91 TB but mechanics claims that the Wiring diagram and the connector is diffrent... What throttle body can b fit in? please advice

One more thing i heard that 4g15 can be mod to DOHC...is that possible? how n what are things needs to do that? how much that will be? do i needs to register the engine number again?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience