Welcome to MZ3 (home for Mazda 3 owners)

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Mazda 3 sport, year 2009
Current issue: driver side headlamp internal condensation. Xenon hid now dead. One eyed jack now.
Also, current xenon hid is not bright. Anyone changed to newer type of headlamp/lights?

Any advice/tips/suggestions/comments/info is much appreciated.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Mazda 3 sport, year 2009
Current issue: driver side headlamp internal condensation. Xenon hid now dead. One eyed jack now.
Also, current xenon hid is not bright. Anyone changed to newer type of headlamp/lights?

Any advice/tips/suggestions/comments/info is much appreciated.
If you are in selangor go to KS headlamps services which is few doors away from jap euro auto. They can re seal your headlamp.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Tried searching for useful info in ZTH but can't seem to find any. Need some info.
Background: I've a mazda 3 sports, year 2009. Non sky-active and a CBU model.
Some plans in mind:
1) replace with K&N filter. Was told by Bermaz Auto that it's not recommended as it causes some kind of air flow error codes. Any opinions, anyone?

2) had suspension replaced due to wear and tear. New suspension feels softer. Thinking to replace with ones that gives better stability for cornering, yet, not one that will cost me an arm and/or leg. Anyone tried any brands before? Share some comments if you could please?

3) anyone replaced the bumper fog lights to brighter ones? If yes, which brand & model are you using?

4) my engine cover has this white colored fabric/sponge/etc (unsure what the material is called) below it and it's worn out and causing lots of dust from it. Bermaz say to purchase the whole thing but i'm not keen... yet. Anyone has this same experience and what/how did you get it fixed?

5) Has anyone replaced the bi-Xenon headlamps with brighter head lamps? If yes, how did you get it done? what brand & model was the bulbs? Any other info to share?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tried searching for useful info in ZTH but can't seem to find any. Need some info.
Background: I've a mazda 3 sports, year 2009. Non sky-active and a CBU model.
Some plans in mind:
1) replace with K&N filter. Was told by Bermaz Auto that it's not recommended as it causes some kind of air flow error codes. Any opinions, anyone?

2) had suspension replaced due to wear and tear. New suspension feels softer. Thinking to replace with ones that gives better stability for cornering, yet, not one that will cost me an arm and/or leg. Anyone tried any brands before? Share some comments if you could please?

3) anyone replaced the bumper fog lights to brighter ones? If yes, which brand & model are you using?

4) my engine cover has this white colored fabric/sponge/etc (unsure what the material is called) below it and it's worn out and causing lots of dust from it. Bermaz say to purchase the whole thing but i'm not keen... yet. Anyone has this same experience and what/how did you get it fixed?

5) Has anyone replaced the bi-Xenon headlamps with brighter head lamps? If yes, how did you get it done? what brand & model was the bulbs? Any other info to share?
I got a few replies but don't own a Maz3 so take my replies with a pinch of salt.

1. K&N filters if oiled improperly will leak oil into the manifold which may screw up the MAF/MAP sensor that's there. So yes Bermaz is right but not at the same time. If the oil is done correctly it wouldn't affect the sensors.

2. Whats your budget? Whats your tolerance level for "firmer"? There are a ton of options out there. Stock will always be more comfortable. But if it's cornering you're wanting to improve then maybe what you need is an upgrade in the antiroll bars and the undercarriage bushes. Worn out bushes will make handling sloppy and wooly. Stiffer antiroll bars will help with improving cornering feel.

3. (dunno)

4. That's the noise dampener cover. Just rip out the worn out crusty old one and go without it or replace it with a DIY sheet cut-out of Superlon or some sort of non-flammable material. It's the same thing. Just a note that if you opt to remove it without replacing it, the hood may experience higher temps and potentially may impact the paint on the hood.

5. (dunno)

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Iszo, Any info provided would certainly shed more light for me and noted on the pinch of salt.

1) never look at it from that perspective. I'll do some research on K&N filters in terms of air flow to see if it'll affect any sensors which leads to error codes, assuming the oil is done correctly.

2) never really thought of a budget yet, as i've been out of touch with suspension specs and prices for some years now. But I may take up your advice on the anti-roll bars and worn out bushes.

4) Never thought of that too. haha will consider superlon/non flammable material to replace the worn out wool. Good point on the heat vs hood paint.

Thanks for the comments.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
4) My other family car the Chery SUV, one of the holder for the engine cover dropped off, I just remove the whole cover......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Iszo, Any info provided would certainly shed more light for me and noted on the pinch of salt.

1) never look at it from that perspective. I'll do some research on K&N filters in terms of air flow to see if it'll affect any sensors which leads to error codes, assuming the oil is done correctly.

2) never really thought of a budget yet, as i've been out of touch with suspension specs and prices for some years now. But I may take up your advice on the anti-roll bars and worn out bushes.

4) Never thought of that too. haha will consider superlon/non flammable material to replace the worn out wool. Good point on the heat vs hood paint.

Thanks for the comments.
#1 : if you haven't bought the K&N yet, you might want to consider those maintenance free options like Apexi or if it's a drop in, those other brands like Works or something. The only thing I don't like about K&N is the oiling part. Apexi supposedly has the best air flow but K&N had the best filtration. In my opinion anything that uses oil to trap dirt is not going to be long lasting. I prefer a filter that allows reasonably good air flow and does a reasonable job of filtering. Doesn't have to be the best filter because my engine oil does a good job too plus I do regular maintenance on my TB and intake with those spray cleaners anyway.

#2 : Yeah, ARB and bushes are a good 1st step that won't compromise your ride comfort. Cuz you can sometimes race a comfy car but you can't ever comfy a race car (if you know what I mean). Also for bushes, I recommend Superpro bushes. There are a ton of PU bushes or solid bushes out there, you need to know how hard or soft they are. Superpro and Whiteline are inbetween and not too soft like normal rubber but not nuts crazy hard like solid bushes. Too hard and you'll get plenty of good feedback but it can get tiring long term, and personally I feel bushes need to have a certain amount of flex/movement and overly stiffening it up might end up transferring the vibrations to another component elsewhere causing premature wear.

#4 : You must be pretty young. Superlon back in the day used to be a hit thing that replaced everything from sound deadening to sound proofing to wrapping airboxes and aircon lines to heat proofing everything in the car. Then it died down and people seem to have forgotten it. You can buy sheets of it pretty cheaply from Shopee.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The highly anticipated Nissan GT-R, which will be available for the first time ever in the United States beginning in June 2008, made its North American debut at the L.A. Auto Show, following its global introduction at the Tokyo Motor Show last October. Nissan was also kind enough to announce U.S. pricing of the 2009 Nissan GT-R which is equipped with a twin turbo V6 engine producing 480 Hp. On this side of the pond...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience