Weird Sound

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
Isit all EVO got a sound like "KOK" when revv engine and then change gear ?? last time i sit beside a evo 7..the car supplier drive it..when it change gear it comes out a "KOK" sound..it say all evo is like this..isit ? or the car kaki oledi buruk ?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
your description of the sound is a bit subjective..... maybe racing clutch kua...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
If engine rev got sound might b de tappets, change to a better quality engine oil might help!!! If during gear shift, de 'KOK' sound is de clutch... Hahaha... Leslie car hv this sound too... Its de twin plate clutch... And de way de driver releases de clutch oso can soften it or making it worst too... :_: But 1 thing for sure, SUPER gripness!!!

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
lolz...the sales man tell me that all evo car got this KOK sound 1..dunno la..i though the evo kaki not gud oledi..nvm..

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... Most of de time, de car salesman know nothing much than jus knowing its an Evo!!! When ask abt technical Qs, most of them wil try to 'Sin ka lan' u... I hv tried many... So jus keep quiet n ask someone else better... Hahaha... :_:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
I think the sound is from the REAR DIFFERENTIAL....U can hear the sound when U shifting gear at high RPM...Dunno about others, but my car have that sound.... Actually is not KOK sound laaaa....

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i think the sound u describing is the sound from the rear diffrential

even stock clutch will have that sound if u step on the throttle immediately after u release the clutch.try to step a little gas and release the clucth slower.

nicknick

Known Member
Jul 4, 2006
Yes, I agree with lan evo. I would also think it was from the differential when sometimes i lazy to "control" the clutch properly.

datsun

Jan 29, 2005
Driver's kaki rosak not evo kaki rosak hahhha...i experience tat2 when i first land my foot on the clutch.

like storm9 & lan evo says: its de way driver releases de clutch so try 2 soften it.

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
hahaha...lolz..hope not the evo kaki rosak la...i c the salesman macam hebat drive the evo...he juz wanna show me the power of it....that salesman also show burntire to me..but no rili burn la..he juz revv high high when release the clutch..somehow busuk clutch..bau angat..hahahah

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
BlueTezza said:
hahaha...lolz..hope not the evo kaki rosak la...i c the salesman macam hebat drive the evo...he juz wanna show me the power of it....that salesman also show burntire to me..but no rili burn la..he juz revv high high when release the clutch..somehow busuk clutch..bau angat..hahahah
pity the car kena abused that way:X-:

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
The truth is that if you here 'KoK' sound when engaging a gear, high percentage of that particular gear piece going to koyak soon..if not already koyak.

Ie, if u engage 2nd gear, and 'Kok'...then 2nd gear koyak soon lor. If you accelerate and it 'Kok', then maybe u want to check if your anti-roll bar joint is properly tighten or the bearing loose out (have to replace). Depends on where the sound comes from (front or rear roll bar).

The last possibility is using twin plate clutch or a set of good racing clutch. When engage, (change gear and release clutch), the grip is so bloody good that u can hear the 'KoK' sound..damn freaking loud like the entire drive shaft falling off. Anyone using HKS GD Max or Pro Twin Plate can second this statement lor..I am one of the 'victim' of this HKS conspiracy ! hehe

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
wah.. salesman burning tyre... he trash the car like dat who wanna buy?

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
haha....i hear the kok sound seems like not so worry about coz can repair...then after that..he show me burn tyre..ALamak in my heart say...my heart terus say dun wan buy oledi..coz if i buy macam my car oledi kena SM oledi

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Porsche Carrera GT was produced during the peak of the supercar era – in the mid 2000s - in terms of engine capacity and unrestricted performance, as opposed to today’s performance output that is limited due to environmental-related concerns.

Within the same period, circa 2004 to 2007, other marques showcased their versions of the pinnacle of technology at the time, from Ferrari's Enzo and Pagani's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience