Weird Caster Value

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not sure abt pu but i amnon stock rubber replacement and i put a piece of timing belt.between the bust and bracket to make it a bit tighter and last longer.
Timing belt quite thick right? can go in. I did for my old car last time, but I add the lorry tube instead. Cut into shape and wrap it in. Lasted until I sold the car......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

have a look at the steering rack bush.if u are on stock tire size and the bush are worn out then it might solve the steering wondering issu and allignment issue.

the weird caster thing,i dunno.maybe some bush are damage during the impact.hard to check without making tedious inspection on each link.
for the chassis to lari a bit is hard as if the impact happen on the tire,there are lots of bush and link that will absorb the impsct first.unless the impact is so hsrd on the engine as it pulls on tye mounting soo hard that slight movement is caused.
My ex colleague did have an accident. Not major but he hit a lorry wheel which was on the road. The impact damaged his bumper and left wheel. After repair he mentioned the car pulls to the left and send to many shop do alignment also cannot solve. Finally found out his caster angle out so cannot do anything....:smokin:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Timing belt quite thick right? can go in. I did for my old car last time, but I add the lorry tube instead. Cut into shape and wrap it in. Lasted until I sold the car......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

My ex colleague did have an accident. Not major but he hit a lorry wheel which was on the road. The impact damaged his bumper and left wheel. After repair he mentioned the car pulls to the left and send to many shop do alignment also cannot solve. Finally found out his caster angle out so cannot do anything....:smokin:
Caster angle lari, no fix meh? If replace lower control arm?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Interesting fix.... How well does it hold up?
last time if change to normal aftermarket only last 6 month with crazy cornering and high speed on uneven road.with the timing belt on,abt 2 yrs with same style.
if normal driving i bet will be 5 yrs above.
i am saying 2 yrs because i can feel movement at high speed.by high i men 130-140kmh on uneven b-road.on normal driving will feel normal.

since last time my back is in great shape i replaced it.the rubber one is dirt cheap.now got movement again as forgot to swap the bush when channging the rack.dpnt bother to change as didnt drive it as much and if i do,no longer ballistic until some type-r wannabe think he can outrun my uncle car at a traffic light.was feeling too much freeplay.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Yea, I am interested to know as well. Mine seems to be camber only since I see my left is negative and right seems straight lol
if u van see it by eye then its bad already lh bro..
r u looking for a cheap reason to upgrade yr tire by saying edge already botak???

does a laser chassis allignmet rig available in Malaysia?
i can only see this as the way to fix it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Caster angle lari, no fix meh? If replace lower control arm?
Not only your lower arm. it is right up to your absorber mounting at the top. Lower arm comes from inside means left to right. Caster angle is front to back

Last edited: