weekend / long distance car

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
nope, be it FD2 or any other cars, i learnt my lesson.
not going to mod it, stay stock is the best.

Mod, will need maintain and frequent drive. not suitable for my usage.

i want to pass each and every road block in joy and not fear.
smiling at the policeman and saying bye to them. :biggrin:
I also learnt my lesson, more mods more headaches, difficult to troubleshoot problems.
Even a simple stereo loom chop is potential for headaches in the future.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yo buddy,
haha. thats a good one, way to start a new year ahead.

i can't, if i get the new perdana, although it look good but i will be the laughing stock of friends.. :biggrin:

another friend of mine, keep telling me to go for W124 E220.
masterpiece
W124 is a great car, arguably one of the best Merc ever built, but the E220 version is too underpowered, so that version is purely for comfort only. More over it's already a very old car so be prepared to repair issues. Generally W124 is a very reliable car, built like a tank, and still simple traditional car so not complicated to repair and maintain, main concern should be the wiring and rust. I always wanted a W124 but the E320 or 300E/CE version but not logical in MY due to the stupid road tax! The 300E/CE has become a collector classic car now, many selling in top conditions above rm40k!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
W124 is a great car, arguably one of the best Merc ever built, but the E220 version is too underpowered, so that version is purely for comfort only. More over it's already a very old car so be prepared to repair issues. Generally W124 is a very reliable car, built like a tank, and still simple traditional car so not complicated to repair and maintain, main concern should be the wiring and rust. I always wanted a W124 but the E320 or 300E/CE version but not logical in MY due to the stupid road tax! The 300E/CE has become a collector classic car now, many selling in top conditions above rm40k!
One hand want power, the other low road tax, go forced induction loh......hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
yo buddy,

i can't, if i get the new perdana, although it look good but i will be the laughing stock of friends.. :biggrin:
I'll laugh at you. Confirm sure.

masterpiece
I think it'll be too much trouble to maintain.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
300E/CEaww yesshhh!!! i too wanted one..... but found out i could get a decent clk230 for the same money....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
yo buddy,

masterpiece
w124 e220 is not a bad choice.
u will have to fork out a bit more to sort things out the first 3-6month if u drive it daily. Good diy car if u are into diy. Once the car is sorted out then u will have fun crusing in it.

Personally i will go for the 300ce model but the price is getting higher and higher as others mentioned and the roadtax....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
300E/CEaww yesshhh!!! i too wanted one..... but found out i could get a decent clk230 for the same money....
Naah not interested in the CLK230, nothing special about it and the car already got more complicated electronics so not as reliable. The W124 300E/CE is more legendary for its built quality and better engine with the straight 6, that's why it becomes collector car and the price is high!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
u will have to fork out a bit more to sort things out the first 3-6month if u drive it daily. Good diy car if u are into diy. Once the car is sorted out then u will have fun crusing in it.

Personally i will go for the 300ce model but the price is getting higher and higher as others mentioned and the roadtax....
Or maybe get this one below, it says classic car status with just rm400 road tax!?

https://www.mudah.my/1995+Or+older+Mercedes+Benz+300CE+3+0+A+-60623556.htm?last=1

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor

yeah, cheap and look classic.

set a sum of budget and rebuild it, give it a fresh code of paint (matt black)
very yakuza look.. :biggrin:

but a decent or good e220 is very rare find, been hunting for a few months.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Or maybe get this one below, it says classic car status with just rm400 road tax!?

https://www.mudah.my/1995+Or+older+Mercedes+Benz+300CE+3+0+A+-60623556.htm?last=1
wow.. this is pure poison
i also saw a similar deal in a facebook post but in order to eligible for the road tax relief,
you must own 2 classic car.
kinda difficult to get this entitlement..

lately, my wife also favour the idea of buying another better car.
Maybe something like a SUV? big and spacious.

maybe sometime this year, perodua kembara will be release.
around RM60K, 5 years warranty, but underpowered if they still reuse the myvi engine.

:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i also saw a similar deal in a facebook post but in order to eligible for the road tax relief,

around RM60K, 5 years warranty, but underpowered if they still reuse the myvi engine.

Any SUV below RM100k, will not be as solid as a used Mark X for highway cruising.

You have to buy the car to fit your purpose.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Huh, must own 2 to be eligible? That's kinda dumb isn't it? Just as dumb as the road tax rule I suppose! :stupid:

Agree with Ixeo, no cheap SUV will get anywhere close to the comfort and stability of an old Mark X on the highway or any other similar D-segment for that matter! Kembara is also not known for those traits to begin with as they're very floating on highway speeds with numb steering feel. You need to focus on what you really want, a nice highway cruiser or tall car to go thru floods and bad roads? :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Huh, must own 2 to be eligible? That's kinda dumb isn't it? Just as dumb as the road tax rule I suppose! :stupid:

Agree with Ixeo, no cheap SUV will get anywhere close to the comfort and stability of an old Mark X on the highway or any other similar D-segment for that matter! Kembara is also not known for those traits to begin with as they're very floating on highway speeds with numb steering feel. You need to focus on what you really want, a nice highway cruiser or tall car to go thru floods and bad roads? :biggrin:
no not two classic cars

the ruling is clear, to be eligible you have MORE than 2 cars under your name. It is not stated however if it is possible to just have a total of 3 classic cars and all 3 be eligible for the classic car status

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
no not two classic cars

the ruling is clear, to be eligible you have MORE than 2 cars under your name. It is not stated however if it is possible to just have a total of 3 classic cars and all 3 be eligible for the classic car status
everything must bone stock ....:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can somebody tell me or show me how to mod Gen2? I only want the mod of body part not engine.. can Gen2 look more "GANAZ" want on the road... Show me laa abang-abang.. kakak-kakak..10q haa..... :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience