weekend car for ladies

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Go test a Honda S660. It's a convertible, it's a Honda, it's turbo charged, it's ultra nice to drive regardless auto or manual (manual is better) and it'll out corner your boyfriends Civic. :biggrin:

It's newer than all except the ND MX5 cars. So maintenance is minimum. 3-cylinder means less parts to break. And if you need to know where to get one let me know. I bloody love this car.

Finally getting a car to drive instead of work on?

Good you know you shouldn’t be driving showroom display cars. #bmw1jzparking

eadc88

May 18, 2016

Hi, anyone knows what body kit is that and where can I get the BRZ body kits as picture above?

Thank you.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
*pic removed*
Hi, anyone knows what body kit is that and where can I get the BRZ body kits as picture above?

Thank you.
looks like a varis kit.... start digging around in sunway.... very sure you can source one by talking to them

**better open a diferent topic to discuss other things....

Last edited:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Boss, how is a Copen or GTR easy to maintain.
People not rich like you laaaaaa. The amount you spent on your project car, can buy new car already.

Boss, how is a Copen or GTR easy to maintain.
Dont get what you mean.. sorry d..:biggrin:
Copen.. using L5 JBJL spare parts on engine even some using storia x4 engine of coz easier to main than GTR d.. roadtax also cheap d only things is small size like Honda s660

one more thing.. me not boss, me just a kuli like Kenny in southpark...:burnout:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Dont get what you mean.. sorry d..:biggrin:
Copen.. using L5 JBJL spare parts on engine even some using storia x4 engine of coz easier to main than GTR d.. roadtax also cheap d only things is small size like Honda s660

one more thing.. me not boss, me just a kuli like Kenny in southpark...:burnout:
Copen, I am NOT sure, for example, is the drive shaft shared with the Perodua here? Lower arm? These are all wear and tear parts. For me, if its NOT available, then it is NOT easy to maintain.

Easy to maintain means the moment any parts spoil, stockists in Malaysia have the parts in stock for it.

Copen is a very cold car here, likewise with the S660. Imagine some rempit ram off your side mirror, how long would it take to order a new one? Toyota 86 is hands down the best choice, because UMW Toyota brought it in, and because its a popular car (more so than Copen or S660).

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
gt 86, 350z u cant easily find convertibles here (literally for the 86)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
gt 86, 350z u cant easily find convertibles here (literally for the 86)
True. That's why the Cockster Boxster is the next best thing for a lady. You guys gotta remember she's a lady yo.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Copen, I am NOT sure, for example, is the drive shaft shared with the Perodua here? Lower arm? These are all wear and tear parts. For me, if its NOT available, then it is NOT easy to maintain.

Easy to maintain means the moment any parts spoil, stockists in Malaysia have the parts in stock for it.

Copen is a very cold car here, likewise with the S660. Imagine some rempit ram off your side mirror, how long would it take to order a new one? Toyota 86 is hands down the best choice, because UMW Toyota brought it in, and because its a popular car (more so than Copen or S660).

well, I dont own one but I know one guy is expert in repairing copen since he is expert in k-car. His shop got 3 inside when visit him 1 time and he is the one whom told me that parts are easy to find and share with other Daihatsu k-cars except the body, even the 3 copen in his shop gone after 2 to 3 days for repair

F1 Lady

May 13, 2018
Go test a Honda S660. It's a convertible, it's a Honda, it's turbo charged, it's ultra nice to drive regardless auto or manual (manual is better) and it'll out corner your boyfriends Civic. :biggrin:

It's newer than all except the ND MX5 cars. So maintenance is minimum. 3-cylinder means less parts to break. And if you need to know where to get one let me know. I bloody love this car.

S660 definitely a great car, however such a rare car I think it’s true sourcing spare part will be a concern.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That's the thing, you need to have hookups to get parts = not easy.
Having one stockist in every state at the very least, that's easy.

Reactions: YEBWOY27

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Ism1991, thanks for your elaboration.
I personally do not like BMW Z4, because of the head of Z4 too long and rear too short, sort of imbalance.

SLK seems like a good choice, between MX5 & SLK.

S2000 seems like very old already
Go have a look at the MX5, im sure most showrooms would be more than happy to entertain you. Yo could bag a 2012 Hardtop MX5 for 100k, or a 2015 MX5 softop for 158k, great deal! I've driven both, each having its own strong points. I'm guessing on top of maintenance you're also looking for a trouble free car yes? Something you can just drive to Penang on a short notice and drive all the way back to KL again. Definitely MX5 then. SLKs aren't unreliable, but the possibility for something to go wrong on the MX5 is very low.