Wat's the max boost for a stock 4g93t terbalik?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bros, i was told the 4g93t terbalik has a 9:1 compression which is the same as the evo3..i've heard ppl say that engine with this compression is not suitable to boost more than 1bar unless it has a thicker metal head gasket to lower the compression..so i was wondering is it safe to boost 1.1-1.2bar on a stock 4g93t terbalik(with the correct afr tuning using emanage)?...thanks in advance

lavodo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
1.4bar max boost with correct afr tuning (safe play).. assume with standard piston rite?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
yaya..everything stock..1.4 bar without metal head gasket to lower the compression?..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
dun think the td04 is making any more power at 1.4bar, right?..bro, in ur opinion, is it safe if i boost around 1.1-1.2bar?..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hw to differentiate?..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
One is direct injection... one is mixture intake...

But can u do it the other way round...?

Planned for a desire WHP u want... Then U start doing research on how to achieve and what pressure u should induced...

Instead of asking how much pressure can be induced into the engine... Sounds like trial and error to me... So, if someone tells u u can only boost 1.2 bars, u're gonna boost 1.2 bar and stay with it..? If someone tells u can take 2 bar, u gonna try 2 bar and detonate ur engine..?

BTW, the internals of the engine can take more than 300HP... It all depended on the supporting mods. And TUNNING OF COURSE

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
One is direct injection... one is mixture intake...

But can u do it the other way round...?

Planned for a desire WHP u want... Then U start doing research on how to achieve and what pressure u should induced...

Instead of asking how much pressure can be induced into the engine... Sounds like trial and error to me... So, if someone tells u u can only boost 1.2 bars, u're gonna boost 1.2 bar and stay with it..? If someone tells u can take 2 bar, u gonna try 2 bar and detonate ur engine..?

BTW, the internals of the engine can take more than 300HP... It all depended on the supporting mods. And TUNNING OF COURSE
bro, it all depends who advises me..if sifu like u then i really believe wat u say lo..hahahaha

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro, it all depends who advises me..if sifu like u then i really believe wat u say lo..hahahaha
+.+" :adore: :adore: :adore: PLZ Don't call me sifu... Later all the bigger SIFUZ out there laugh at me....

Well, back to the topic, if u're gonna leave the internals stock and not even reducing the CR with metal head gasket. And IF ur internals are in tip top condition, it can withstand the boost of 1.3-1.4 bars with at least 510cc injectors + Slightly bigger intercooler(VR4 Seems good) + At least a piggyback with good tunning.

But the TD04L is not capable of supplying suffiecient air to be efficient at the pressure of 1.3-1.4 bar... So, no point. Then u will need at least a TD05 14B. But 14B is damn 7 old and not easy to find good condition. And u may opt for a 16g.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro u r 1 of the many sifus out there ma..hehe..i just plan to boost up with a piggy back to support the tuning..i'm looking for somewhr around 1.1-1.2bar cos td04 isn't making any more power after dat..gonna leave the engine totally stock for reliability..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro u r 1 of the many sifus out there ma..hehe..i just plan to boost up with a piggy back to support the tuning..i'm looking for somewhr around 1.1-1.2bar cos td04 isn't making any more power after dat..gonna leave the engine totally stock for reliability..
If everything stock including injectors, better stay not more than 1bar. Insufficient fuel injection will even harm ur engine more... If u wanna gor more than 1bar, look for VR4 injectors. 450cc. And at least RON 97 or V POWER pls...

The Turbo can provide the pressure.... but not the cfm. It's good for response...

Bye bye... Chiow!!!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey, im kindda new to car mods and stuff...im gettin a Wira year 94' 1.6....was wondering if anyone can gimme suggestions on what mods i shld do...i was thinkin of changin da engine...year 94 engine...1.6 summore...prob drink petrol like horse...open to suggestions...BUDGET RM6000.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience