wat the function of 20v ISCV?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
You can test the ISCV by energize the coils with battery power.
A good/clean ISCV will give you a loud clicking sound with following connection.
1) +12V to the center pin, GND to the left pin
2) +12V to the center pin, GND to the right pin

If you hear a soft sound, clean your ISCV with carb cleaner, air dry it and do the test again.

Warning: DO NOT shout circuited the +12V to GND or you will get horrible burn!!!

JAP_AUTOPARTS

Known Member
Nov 5, 2009
PENANG
Broo alex...tumpang ur thread..

Just wanna ask why my 20v like coughing when driving at low speed huh?? when i dint step on pedal engine dies...i have to start it again wor :-( it feels like the fuel pump dint supply enuff fuel for the engine, but it also feels like the timing is not right...any sifusss can pls help me???or my IK22 iridium not suit my 20v ??

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007

Just wanna ask why my 20v like coughing when driving at low speed huh?? when i dint step on pedal engine dies...i have to start it again wor :-( it feels like the fuel pump dint supply enuff fuel for the engine, but it also feels like the timing is not right...any sifusss can pls help me???or my IK22 iridium not suit my 20v ??
i dont think it is related with iscv...basically it just for controlling the idle speed (supplying enough air just to keep engine from stalling when throttle off)...also not plug related since i'm using ik22 also...no problem here...

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
i dont think it is related with iscv...basically it just for controlling the idle speed (supplying enough air just to keep engine from stalling when throttle off)...also not plug related since i'm using ik22 also...no problem here...
bro bera,
just concerning y r using the ik22? is that suit for 4age 20v? normally i heard ppl said 4age 20v just suit for ik20. any different?:listen:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong

Try to check your TPS setting.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
bro bera,
just concerning y r using the ik22? is that suit for 4age 20v? normally i heard ppl said 4age 20v just suit for ik20. any different?:listen:
yup...using ik22...as for different between them...since i converted my engine...that the only plug i use...never use ik20...so i dont know if there is a performance different...

actually both can be use...only the heat range is different...

can refer to this thread...it has been discussed before...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/294564-ik20-or-ik22.html

Last edited:

f8.

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
levin818 is right.

When you do not connect the ISCV connector, it will allow a certain amount of air to flow into the engine for idling. For the 3 pins, the middle pin is connected to +12V, when you supply ground to the 'open' pin (on the side where the bottom of the connector has a notch), the valve will open more and allow more air in (less resistance). When you supply ground to close pin on the other end, the valve closes a bit and allow less air, but never totally block air. The ECU will alternate the ground to both these pins to control the idle.

When electrical load is high, high beam on etc, and with air cond compressor running, gear in D if auto, ECU will alternate higher duty cycle to the 'Open' pin to maintain idle.

If you test as how levin818 says and cannot hear clicking sound, clean it with petrol etc. If still cannot click give it a few gentle taps to free it. Sometimes it is stuck. If you measure with multimeter between middle pin and either end pin if open circuit it means the coil is damaged and you need to replace the ISCV.

I'm using the ISCV to control idle on 4G15 with silvertop 4 throttle and it works great. This is a good ISCV.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
levin818 is right.

When you do not connect the ISCV connector, it will allow a certain amount of air to flow into the engine for idling. For the 3 pins, the middle pin is connected to +12V, when you supply ground to the 'open' pin (on the side where the bottom of the connector has a notch), the valve will open more and allow more air in (less resistance). When you supply ground to close pin on the other end, the valve closes a bit and allow less air, but never totally block air. The ECU will alternate the ground to both these pins to control the idle.

When electrical load is high, high beam on etc, and with air cond compressor running, gear in D if auto, ECU will alternate higher duty cycle to the 'Open' pin to maintain idle.

If you test as how levin818 says and cannot hear clicking sound, clean it with petrol etc. If still cannot click give it a few gentle taps to free it. Sometimes it is stuck. If you measure with multimeter between middle pin and either end pin if open circuit it means the coil is damaged and you need to replace the ISCV.

I'm using the ISCV to control idle on 4G15 with silvertop 4 throttle and it works great. This is a good ISCV.
serious?

i would like to see that..

any pics?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site

1) ISCV clogg
2) Vacuum leak (for SVT)
3) ECU faulty

f8.

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Engine_s.jpg
Here is a picture, you can see the ISCV on the top left behind the fuel pressure regulator. I have used a K&N breather as its own dedicated air filter.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
View attachment 448255
Here is a picture, you can see the ISCV on the top left behind the fuel pressure regulator. I have used a K&N breather as its own dedicated air filter.
I have 2 question for you bro,

1-how do you wire ISCV to match your ecu?
2-WTF, is it reverted intake and exhaust? how did you mod that? mind to share?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
View attachment 448255
that's some serious mods u hv there..

everything 'songsang' already..

i know those people in japan do this sort of thing on honda cars..

mind sharing what u've done?

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
that's some serious mods u hv there..

everything 'songsang' already..

i know those people in japan do this sort of thing on honda cars..

mind sharing what u've done?
yaya,
agreed too with DR ZUl request, did this mod can be pass on puspakom? just wannaa to know...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanted to know that there any aftermarket performance part or mods can load lsd into proton fwd gearbox? Sound new to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience