Wastegate Explained.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi all, i'm new to car modification. I was looking for a shop that can offer a good workmanship on welding & mounting the 2 wastegates for my 6A12TT engine. Which shop would you recommend. I don't mind paying a bit higher as long as the work quality is good. Please help TQ
if u're at somewhere ard sunway n usj, u might opt for ah heng exhaust. If u're somewhere ard batucaves, the jian hang would be a good choice. I'm more close to jian hang. Good workmanship.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
if u're at somewhere ard sunway n usj, u might opt for ah heng exhaust. If u're somewhere ard batucaves, the jian hang would be a good choice. I'm more close to jian hang. Good workmanship.
I live in greenwood area. I think jian hang would be the closest. But jian hang location can you roughly describe bro?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

By the way, for twin turbo, we gonna have two hose connected to the 2 wastegate right. which hose we choose to be connected to the boost controller for bleeding?

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL

I want to clarify on the boost controller purpose. The solenoid there in the pic is the one who bleed the pressure to the internal wastegate actuator rite? This solenoid controlled by the boost controller module in the car. but where do we connect the vacumm/pressure hose from boost controller module? This hose is to let the controller know what is the actual boost reading rite? and it adjust the solenoid to bleed more or to close the valve. y vacumm also we can connect?

Pics courtesy of turbosmart manual. TQ

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

I want to clarify on the boost controller purpose. The solenoid there in the pic is the one who bleed the pressure to the internal wastegate actuator rite? This solenoid controlled by the boost controller module in the car. but where do we connect the vacumm/pressure hose from boost controller module? This hose is to let the controller know what is the actual boost reading rite? and it adjust the solenoid to bleed more or to close the valve. y vacumm also we can connect?

Pics courtesy of turbosmart manual. TQ
Anywhere along the Intercooler piping.

When boost(aka positive pressure) involve, it has to be in open throttle position. So, the intake manifold would also be pressurized.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
If I put after intercooler before throttle body, when the throttle butterfly closes, the pressure in the pipe still maintain untill BOV bleed it out. When i put in the throttle body, when the buterfly closes, the pressure will be vacumm. will it do any harm to the controller?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
If I put after intercooler before throttle body, when the throttle butterfly closes, the pressure in the pipe still maintain untill BOV bleed it out. When i put in the throttle body, when the buterfly closes, the pressure will be vacumm. will it do any harm to the controller?
Dun worry la.. it's just a map sensor...

It only reads pressure...

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Hi taiko !! Long time not chat :biggrin:
MERRY CHRISMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Taiko wanna ask you...
Most people modify their MAF piping from air filter to turbo is it follow the turbo inlet diameter ??
For example : Turbo inlet diameter is 2.5"... that means the piping should put 2.5" to air filter ??
And the turbo inlet diameter to intercooler is 2" only...then must follow their size same as ??

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi taiko !! Long time not chat :biggrin:
MERRY CHRISMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Taiko wanna ask you...
Most people modify their MAF piping from air filter to turbo is it follow the turbo inlet diameter ??
For example : Turbo inlet diameter is 2.5"... that means the piping should put 2.5" to air filter ??
And the turbo inlet diameter to intercooler is 2" only...then must follow their size same as ??
No need... For Intake ramp, turbo to MAF, inlet follow the MAF diameter. The reduce gradually to the turbo inlet size...

For turbo to intercooler, use according to ic inlet size. From ic outlet, follow the size... Going up to the intake manifold, expand to TB size.

Go JIAN HANG/AH HENG, they'll know wad to do.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
No need... For Intake ramp, turbo to MAF, inlet follow the MAF diameter. The reduce gradually to the turbo inlet size...

For turbo to intercooler, use according to ic inlet size. From ic outlet, follow the size... Going up to the intake manifold, expand to TB size.

Go JIAN HANG/AH HENG, they'll know wad to do.
Hehe!!ok!!thanks taiko!! Jian hang at where ? They got do install turbo ?? Coz i plan to go Torque Gear opposite Links dyno...any advice ?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hehe!!ok!!thanks taiko!! Jian hang at where ? They got do install turbo ?? Coz i plan to go Torque Gear opposite Links dyno...any advice ?
Jian hang only do piping ma.... Where got dyno dyno all....
At Sri Gombak there.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Haha..not la ~~
I havent Install turbo yet...
Next year 2010 only start my project :D
Because..have to know the whole piping have to change or not...
Ok ! I will follow your advice ! Thanks !!
MAF -->Turbo is 2.7" (MAF inlet diameter is 2.7")
Turbo-->IC is 2" (IC inlet only 2")
IC-->TB is 2.7" (My Throttle body is 3"..i think inlet only 2.7")
Taiko ~! What I know is...
If using standalone can go for 3" piping...
If using piggyback..better stay for 2.5" to 2.7" right ?
hope can help ~

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Haha..not la ~~
hope can help ~
Not abt wad management u using. It's wad u want ur setup to be. How much power u expecting from the mods. How much flow ur turbo is generating in terms of volume/secs. Bigger piping diameter does cause flow to be more even. But it also require more time to fill in the bigger volume to produce positive pressure/boost.

Management is just a control system of ur engine. And ofcourse, sequential ignition does provide a more consistent exhaust flow.. Thus improve the response of the engine n flow.

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
Haha..not la ~~
hope can help ~
the intercooler piping 2.5 inch back tb 3 inch is normal for 1.8cc turbocharger engine,i never hear the air flow intake piping must be follow by turbo inlet size?that is really stupid word,why you got so many super sin+lan friend?the td05h evo123 inlet only got 2.1 inch like that why the air flow sensor hose is 3 inch?make sense please.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everybody,

Need help.. my car is overheating it's a wira 1.5 carburated engine. Did an overhaul (Full) after white smoke started coming out. Just did it about a week ago. My mechanic says it's the motor oil type I should change from 10sae to a 20 sae or something like that. Everything is fine for about 20 to 30 mins but after that the temperature rises gradually to almost the red line. I've tried flushing the radiator, changing the termostat, changing the hoses, changing the fan but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience