Warped Front Disc Rotors

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
No doubt metallic pads are much better in terms of stopping power, but there are quite alot of disadvantages which comes with it also, like rotor wear, noise like you said, cold cannot stop (some pads). Its always a give and take. For those which have not tried the General CT. Its a good OE replacement (with slight improvement and smoothness in breaking) if that is what you are looking for. That was what the pad was designed for. For those who wants to stop the car on a dime, consider other pads which have better bite and better heat handling capabilities like metallic pads, carbon metallic, carbon-ceramic-metallic (CCM-endless). I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that the General CT is a high performance pad. Its a good OE replacement at a good price cause if you get Original Nissan Akebono pads from Nissan its RM600.00! Crazy. EBC Kevlar already Rm400.00. That type of price you can get pretty good aftermarket pads. But you have to try finding it first. Its not like the 3.0L pads are as common as Honda Civic and you have thousands to choose from.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Nah, try 2 set of Bendix General CT. push the paddle today, stop tomorrow.

So far the best bang for buck is thos come with metalic compound, push the paddle today, stop today feel. The only disadvantage is the noise it made when coming to stop. I have not try TRW, but the Paraut disc, cost me RM 500 for a pair. Maybe if i need another pair, i'll try TRW.
Weikee what pads you using now for your cefiro? 2.0L or 3.0L? A32/A33?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
12savefuel,

Frankly, the original Nissan pad are much better than the CT (don't talk about nissan key value), you can also get the mitsubishi triton pad, if my memory is correct is the year 2000 that share the similar pad. But the original are like 2x the price of metallic pad so is not really worth it.

I been using metallic pad, and the wear of rotor are acceptable for me.

Tell me about brake, and brake pads. I have like 4 set of used pads in my store all does not do what it claims, and i dump it to the store after no more than 2 months usage.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I am driving A32 3L.

1st round i use Tron, can get it from ebay Malaysia, that lasted me about 35kkm. Now i forgot, my friend got one for me. Like i mention before, it stop great, but noisy when coming to standstill.

I got another original brake nissan akibono pad that i brought from Japan. Need to try this one after my metallic pad run out.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
12savefuel,

Frankly, the original Nissan pad are much better than the CT (don't talk about nissan key value), you can also get the mitsubishi triton pad, if my memory is correct is the year 2000 that share the similar pad. But the original are like 2x the price of metallic pad so is not really worth it.

I been using metallic pad, and the wear of rotor are acceptable for me.

Tell me about brake, and brake pads. I have like 4 set of used pads in my store all does not do what it claims, and i dump it to the store after no more than 2 months usage.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I am driving A32 3L.

1st round i use Tron, can get it from ebay Malaysia, that lasted me about 35kkm. Now i forgot, my friend got one for me. Like i mention before, it stop great, but noisy when coming to standstill.

I got another original brake nissan akibono pad that i brought from Japan. Need to try this one after my metallic pad run out.
Thanks for the info, let us know how your Japan Akebono goes. Cause as I said it cost me RM600! The pad is good but not worth RM600. How much you bought your akebono? Is it with nissan stamp on the back plate or is it akebono aftermarket pads (Akebono Performance, ultra premium, pro act, etc) for nissan cefiro. Mine was Akebono with Nissan stamped on the back of the pad bought from ETCM.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Is Nissan original, cause i brought it when i was in Japan. Take them 2 days find it for me.

Malaysia Nissan pad is useless, they gave me "Key Value"

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Is Nissan original, cause i brought it when i was in Japan. Take them 2 days find it for me.

Malaysia Nissan pad is useless, they gave me "Key Value"
The brake pads that I have is original Nissan Japan which I bought from ETCM. Its not Key value. I think Key value is about Rm200 vs. Mine was RM600. Bought it from ETCM in Jln Kemajuan PJ. On the backing plate of the brake pad you can see the Akebono and NISSAN stamped on back of the brake pad backing plate. Its not an ink stamp but a metal stamp where the words are indented into the backing plate. The pads are good not not worth RM600.00. I'm not sure if ETCM has any of these pads left cause the are expensive and nobody buys them. Next time just go to ETCM in PJ Jln. Kemajuan and see if they have any left. You need to ask them for Original Nissan Japan and when you open it you should have the Akebono and Nissan stamped on the back of the pad. But why bother you can get better pads for less money.

Unless what you got in Japan was Akebono but their aftermarket series like Pro-ACT. I will take some pics and post it for you.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
well, i got it less than 600, maybe just 1/2 the price of it only :)

If you can find the red akebono is even better. But is ban already.

Last edited:

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
well, i got it less than 600, maybe just 1/2 the price of it only :)

If you can find the red akebono is even better. But is ban already.
Wah red akebono ban ah? Never seen such a pad, the only reason why I can think that its banned is that its an asbestos based pad.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Wah red akebono ban ah? Never seen such a pad, the only reason why I can think that its banned is that its an asbestos based pad.
Anyone else has any other experience with other brake pads for Cefiro A32? Good and bad experience included.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Yes is asbestos based and it stop much better and much more lasting. Used that on my old sentra before.

For the car that weight, it really need some good stopping power. Also another upgrade can be done is the brake cylinder upgrade to a bigger one. Another alternative is get yourself a murano or Z33 single pot disc and caliper, is much bigger and need 16" rim to fit. I was given a set but can't fit into my stock 15" too bad. Next common upgrade is R32 / R33 front 4 pot caliper, this need offset 16" rims

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yes is asbestos based and it stop much better and much more lasting. Used that on my old sentra before.

For the car that weight, it really need some good stopping power. Also another upgrade can be done is the brake cylinder upgrade to a bigger one. Another alternative is get yourself a murano or Z33 single pot disc and caliper, is much bigger and need 16" rim to fit. I was given a set but can't fit into my stock 15" too bad. Next common upgrade is R32 / R33 front 4 pot caliper, this need offset 16" rims
Hmmm nice to have the 4pot R32/33 setup but that would cost more than the Z33 right? Then upgrade the brake cylinder to bigger one you said. Any idea from which car that is bigger and can be fitted?

But I prefer to use the stock rim lah. So bigger calipers would be out. So only option now is just pads and bigger master pump as I already have a set of brake hoses already fitted.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008

Hmmm nice to have the 4pot R32/33 setup but that would cost more than the Z33 right? Then upgrade the brake cylinder to bigger one you said. Any idea from which car that is bigger and can be fitted?

But I prefer to use the stock rim lah. So bigger calipers would be out. So only option now is just pads and bigger master pump as I already have a set of brake hoses already fitted.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
The first generation z33 and all the murano come with single pot caliper with bigger disc. For master cylinder you need to lepak more in chop shop. Most nissan one will work but you need to get the bigger one with the correct location of hose (or near the same). The master cylinder have a number imprint, like 16/15, 1 1/8, and 14/15. Not very sure what the measurement (think is diameter) but the bigger the number it mean bigger / stronger the cylinder it offer. usually the skyline and silvia have a bigger number.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for the info. So the pump size is also the same for Nissan as I know Honda size is also measured like that. From what I know in Honda its printed on the side of the master pump cylinder itself. I go and take a look at my car and see if its printed there.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Yes, think this is the standard. A32 master cylinder have 2 output only, cause it will split from the ABS pump, but if you find one that are bigger but come with 3 output you can seal one of it. Just make sure you seal the correct one. The Front and Rear output have difference pressure.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hi all I replied that I also had a problem with rotor warpage in 2008. I think I may have finally solve my problem. I went to get a new set of rotors for my A32 3.0L. To my surprise I noticed that the 3.0L discs were much thicker than the ones I had. So I said to the shop let me see the 2.0L and the 2.0L rotor was much thinner than the 3.0L. I went to check my warped rotor and the min. thickness in 20mm and measured is 21.2mm. The new rotor min thickness is 24mm and new is 26.2mm. It is so much thicker and will be able to dissipate much more heat and there will be much less heat shock loading to the rotors cause it has much more metal. So the factory fitted the wrong discs as I had this problem since day 1 even with new rotors it would judder after 20,000km and dealt with this problem for 13years!

So if any one wants to try out my new setup, rotors are made by TRW RM145/pc. 1set RM145x2= RM290. Bendix General CT RM95. Make sure you get the 3.0L disc and measure that its 26.2mm thick.

Bendix General CT, highly recommended for the price you pay. Really good bang for the buck brake pads. Lives up to the description that the titanium coating help faster bed in and is good straight out of the box. With new rotors and pads, the braking power is already good. Just run in the pad for about 50km of slowing down 60-40km/h, 80-60km/h , 100-60km/h, 110-60km/h, 110-40km/h and 120-40km/h. With some time for the brakes to cool. Do it at night and on highway is the best.

Breaking power feels about 20-30% better than OE and the bite and the smoothness of the pad is really good. The breaking power is the same or slightly more than the OE Nissan Akibono and the EBC Kevlar pads that I have tried.

Will update again when the car has done 20,000km and see if my problem comes back.
Bro, where can I get the TRW discs (3.0L) ? Do they sell the rear as well?:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The most wanted GR Yaris finally arrives! For RM299K, Malaysian buyers get the top spec Performance Pack included. Almost 200 units have been allocated here, so you need not rush, but if you do, it'll even include a limited time only, exclusive GR Yaris Driving Experience in 2021 as an early bird treat.

5.5 sec / 261ps / 360nm / 1.6L 3 cylinder turbo G16E-GTS / 6 speed manual / 4WD / 1280kg /230kmh...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience