Want Speed?!! Go SIngle Turbo!! Discuss.....

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
sure mate.u should have come over and said hello.

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
question: Turbo-lag. What setup reduces turbo-lag? Is a near-zero lag setup possible for FC - FD in 300HP applications?

Ball-bearing turbos maintain spool momentum longer after pressure drops but that does not account for some cars having little to no lag.

Notice certain BNR34 with high state of tune having nearly zero turbo-lag - i.e. Mines GTR-34. Even Nissan GTR has little to no lag.

Mis-firing systems are disqualified... for obvious reasons.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
if u're talking about 300 bhp. it's quite simple.... just follow my route... rebuild your engine with a reasonably port...up boost to 0.9 bar... front mount intercooler, downpipe, midpipe... air intake.. etc etc etc... then you're at a 300 bhp with stock sequencial twin turbine...

if u're talking about more than that..... all u need is to port your exhaust to be so large that even a T78 will get full boost at 4000 rpm...

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
I should be more specific - single turbo set-ups.

I'm on an FC running custom pipes, stock top-mounted IC on stock turbo set at 0.7bar. I'm roughly putting out 220HP, very mild lag. But when I up the bar to 0.9, lag is a real bother if I drop below 4Ks rpm.

Who did your port?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
ah choy's place.... mine is just mild port... ee wang's one is huge ass port.... experimental size port for his exhaust..

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
got anyone make a topic talk about twin turbo?hope will hear it too...

Bump: got anyone make a topic talk about twin turbo?hope will hear it too...

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
twin turbines.. very rare nowadays :)
just both hands can count who has twin turbines...
twin turbines doesn't give that much horse power but it's highly responsive..
it's so responsive that you feel like you're forever on boost.. even low RPM..
so... the fuel consumption is high enough to burn ur wallet.

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
oh...so means more power than single rite?so who here got twin turbo?:)

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
wow...mind show me ur fd pic?do u have frenster?so tat i add u than can see ur fd there.....

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
hi guys, i want to try and achieve a 550-600whp drive from my current setup and need some advise on what i should do to get to my target without hiccups.

i am current on a t04r garrett non ballbearing turbo with a hks vmount.
injectors are 850x4

p.s shld i downgrade my rims from 18's to 17's ? and also my clutch is up for a change now, i think even with a rebuild is cant hold the power right ?
thanks in advance. a frd recommended me SPEC clutch from usa. anyone using ?

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
550- 600 whp cant even go in a straight line... u need dev advise then. he has one of the most powerful rx7 here. And u can hardly drive on the road in normal days. no doubt the engine life would be reduce as well. unless u are taking it as a track car only. i notice on the road in kl u wouldnt need so much hp though something around 320 on wheel would b just nice to take out the evos n subarus.. haha

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Bambino, you may want to wait for a more appropriate response.

My understanding is the T04R is well capable of doing 500HP for rotary applications at 18psi. However, you would need to get ported, uprate your fuel pump and injectors, use race gas, water injection, and then put up with laggy engine response.

Your uprated injectors are not going to be enough.

And if you are going for a 550-600HP setup... are you making a dragster or what? You may want to add a parachute brake to the list of things to add...

Even Amemiya's touge FD, known as one of the most balanced and fastest FDs on the touge, has less than 400HP.

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
thanks for the response guys... well i am finally preppin myself to get started on my project lol so need some advise from u old birds la... hehehe

i will be getting my clutch end of this month.. and followed by a new turbo. yes my injectors are not enuff so i need to know if i should remain my pri at 850 and my sec up to 1200 or 1600? i am not sure..my bro is also figuring out a good setup plan for me i hope.. lol

as for my current setup my turbo is quite near its limit..so i dont wanna fuck ard and blow the bitch up so i decided to spend abit this yr lol

bro heavenz, ask bro rerider.... abt sg... i think he can tell you abit abt 800hp street cars :)

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
800HP ... dyno proven... those are not street cars. The key test of a "street car" is to take it into traffic or to go grocery shopping. The I6s in supra and GTR will make 600HP on stock internals, just uprate the turbo. But a 13B-REW... I dont think so. 450HP is believable number without crazy mods but reliability compromised.

Your injectors are not enough because you will need to uprate your fuel pump as well.

The most important is to get ported so you have enough exhaust gas to spin huge arse turbo.

Also, turbos dont "blow up". Engines do.

Finally, this whole mo' p0wah! thing can get quite excessive. The final analysis is that xxxx HP is big a bragging point but not much else. There are very few useful applications for 500+ HP machines unless you wanted to enter into Group N racing. However, if you are set on hitting that 800 number:

1. 13B-REW - port a huge monster port, I think Ah Choy can get you to a j-port and then get a spare engine... for when this thing blows up - and it WILL blow up eventually
2. Radiator - get the biggest triple pass you can find, and then get another one...
3. Oil coolers - you will need 3 sets - two for the engine in a sequential setup, one for the turbo
4. Turbocharger - a HKS T51R KAI ... but why stop at 800HP? Get a T51R SPL for 1000HP!
5. External water pump - you will disable the stock pump,
6. External Oil pump - you will disable the stock pump, Bosch is recommended.
7. High pressure fuel pump - you will replace the stock pump, and add at least 2 more lines from the tank to feed the thirst, I recommend Bosch or Nippondenso and you will need a pair
8. Extended high pressure fuel rail - your new pump feeds to this, reduces the pulses in the standard setup, you may need to custom make this one
8. EMC - get a Motech or other engine management, remember to get a good O2 sensor, and a 3 Bar MAP sensor
9. Fuel Injectors - 1680cc primaries, 1200 secondaries
10. 3mm seals... for safety...

if you are not yet bankrupt from buying all of the above, we can continue... with a water or methanol injection kit, the rest of the drive line and stopping the damn thing. To be honest, I dont know what sort of clutch to put in this sort of setup but just make sure you get one rated for whatever HP you want.

... I just did a quick and dirty calculation, you can buy another FD with all the mods listed above.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2019 Updated 585hp AMG GT R & 557hp GT C arrives Malaysia!

3.6 secs - Mercedes Benz Malaysia unleashes AMG's latest GT R & GT C! Yes, the 7:10.9 minute Beast of the Green Hell has been updated and is now here at Sepang!

AMG GT R: 3.6 secs / 585hp / 700nm / 318kmh / 4L V8 TT / 7 DCT / RM1,712,888...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience