Waja 1.8 Cobra immobiliser box location

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys,
Can anyone point to me the location of the Cobra immobilizer box in the Waja 1.8?
My immo is dead / no power so now car cannot start.

Really appreciate your help here.

Thanks

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Sure its the immobiliser and not the Renault acting up? hahaha, I can only imagine your pain.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sure its the immobiliser and not the Renault acting up? hahaha, I can only imagine your pain.
hahaha....u ar...
so far other parts have earned my trust.

this happened b4 but it corrected itself.now still dead until today.immo fuse is ok.today will check with multimeter at fusebox to.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Did you try calling Proton? Or Cobra? If cobra is still in business.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Did you try calling Proton? Or Cobra? If cobra is still in business.
I haven't tried that. Checked Cobra website and I think I go to them first.
From my exp Proton tech wont reveal their 'trade secret' that easy. Unless u guys have good friend there whom can assist me.

Last night I test using multimeter both the fusebox in the engine compartment and the one under the dashboard.
For the one under the dash, some got 12V supply but some does not got 12V supply. This is when the key is not ON. The alarm fuse got no power. However, when I press the alarm button at the remote, the car can lock and unlock itself.

In the engine compartment, its totally 0V....is this normal?
Could be the multimeter as I took few minutes to get the meter to read 0V when there is no signal.

BTW I've run through the manual and discover that the immobilizer got no fuse.
Havent got the time to test further as my hero already start to 'assist' me after 10 minutes.

When I check the immobilizer touch point, there is 5V at the middle point, no signal at the outer circle. This means there is power going there right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes. Waja has a known issue with the crank sensor right? Also the cobra module is in the ECU itself I think. You can't bypass it without the proprietary cable that only PESC and cobra have. You might be better off contacting PESC

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Yes. Waja has a known issue with the crank sensor right? Also the cobra module is in the ECU itself I think. You can't bypass it without the proprietary cable that only PESC and cobra have. You might be better off contacting PESC
His is 1.8, which is the Renault engine. I have 0 ideas about the Renault engine lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just finished rechecking the area under the dashboard and Izso could be true that the immo is built in as the touch key wiring goes into the wiring harness heading to the engine and most probably the ecu.

Crank sensor...why i didnt think of that.will search for my spare old unit and try.

I wanted to go to P1 but now budget is very tight with Raya coming,slowly buying things for house,change new workplace.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
His is 1.8, which is the Renault engine. I have 0 ideas about the Renault engine lol
Still and engine just what u had under your hood minus the moody electronics.

Come to think about it...not to bad really as my asian car is running european engine which is well known with the electrical headache. I read a thread in zth a member is 'owning' a european car with jap engine and the engine+wiring is giving him problem...i mentioned 'owning' as he had never properly 'driving' the car.....heheheh

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Come to think about it...not to bad really as my asian car is running european engine which is well known with the electrical headache. I read a thread in zth a member is 'owning' a european car with jap engine and the engine+wiring is giving him problem...i mentioned 'owning' as he had never properly 'driving' the car.....heheheh
Who's that? Why does it sound so familiar?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

KNN :thefinger:

yes I know

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The "colour changing paint" by Nissan has taken auto blogs by storm last week. As everybody was raving on and on about how this development could change the world, only one site decided to double check with Nissan to confirm the story.

Turns out, you've all been taken for a ride!

The True Story
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience