VW's Polo GTI sees a price increase?

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

There's bad news for those who have been planning to purchase (or get onto the long waiting list) a Volkswagen Polo GTI (reviewed Nov 2011). We recently heard that the latest shipments of VW's compact pocket rocket has been held up, pending a price review. With plenty of buzz online, many were hoping that this news was merely hearsay.

Unfortunately, it seems that the prices have indeed been updated on Volkswagen Malaysia's website. The new pricing for the Polo GTI is now RM166,888 (3-door) and RM169,888 (5-door); an almost RM34k increase. VGM has yet to release any official statements, but based on the revised prices on their website, a price hike seems imminent.

Do share with us your thoughts/opinions on this topic by commenting in this thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

raytooth

Jun 21, 2010
Penang
if u buy mini cooper u can join we Northern Mini Owners Club....we got gathering and more....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Pure profiteering. Malaysia boleh! AP holders are getting fatter and fatter.

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Rumours has it that we need to thank another leading German brand for muscling in on VW. Hear the same fate happened to the Passat CC. Some German brand is such a leading seller that they need to fear another 'lesser' brand. Real idiots if the rumours are true.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Rumours has it that we need to thank another leading German brand for muscling in on VW. Hear the same fate happened to the Passat CC. Some German brand is such a leading seller that they need to fear another 'lesser' brand. Real idiots if the rumours are true.
I have heard similar rumours of this as well; there's a chance that the price increase wasn't VGM's idea afterall. I've heard that many people on the waiting list have cancelled their orders; RM34k is a lot of money and makes the Golf TSI suddenly look like 'good value'.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
unless there is any substantial upgrade to the car for the tremendous price increase... it's a BOO!!!!!!

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Camry... GT86 and now Polo GTI....

keep increasing the price.... i know who to vote for in the coming election.

cRuZ1011

Feb 27, 2006
sounds like bad press for the VW brand in Malaysia... hopefully it doesn't affect the brand too badly given that they have been doing a good job in building the goodwill of the brand of late.... most of the peeps who placed their booking earlier would probably feel that VW are profit first and customer second with this type of stunt....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to change my savvy engine. any sifu here pls advise which engine suitable for savvy
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience