VW Golf

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dear All,
Want to know if there are other members from the air cooled family of VW.... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
one watercooled mk2 reporting..:biggrin:
got dub?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
KB, kelantan.
i'm not the only one here. my mech has one, his big bro has a mk1 convertible, and this tok imam guy got a mk2 oso..

about the mk2, that's not mine..but gonna look like that in a few months..
here's mine..the actual one.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
HKS-GT2835R said:
KB, kelantan.
i'm not the only one here. my mech has one, his big bro has a mk1 convertible, and this tok imam guy got a mk2 oso..
Are any of the golfs for sale, esp the Mk 1 convertible????

Anyway, the title of this thread is "air cooled" VW Golf.....I tot Golf is water cooled? air cooled VW usually means Beetle, doesn't it?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Kookaburra said:
Are any of the golfs for sale, esp the Mk 1 convertible????

Anyway, the title of this thread is "air cooled" VW Golf.....I tot Golf is water cooled? air cooled VW usually means Beetle, doesn't it?
hahah..
my bad.
aircooled = VW bug
watercooled = VW Rabbit!

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dudes ... my mistake. I really meant water cooled. I have a Mk 2 16v (original) with some modifications. I have owned the car for 11 years now. Would love to meet up with you KB guys sometime...

I knew Beetles are big in Kelantan but never knew there was a Golf too ....

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
H2Zero said:
Dudes ... my mistake. I really meant water cooled. I have a Mk 2 16v (original) with some modifications. I have owned the car for 11 years now. Would love to meet up with you KB guys sometime...

I knew Beetles are big in Kelantan but never knew there was a Golf too ....
MK1 & 2 got lah here in KB.
mine hafta remove the 1.8KR cuz the engine jammed already when i bought it, so now a 9A 2.0 16V passat is already in its place. and i LOVE it!
but now radiator & my powersteering bocor lah..damnit!
here's that stupid leaking rad in person!

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
eh ... 2L ... mine still 1.8KR. WOuld really love a test power. They say the 9A has more power... you engine bay looks clean. ...

how many members Mk 1 and Mk2.... most of my frineds sold theirs... :(

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
H2Zero said:
eh ... 2L ... mine still 1.8KR. WOuld really love a test power. They say the 9A has more power... you engine bay looks clean. ...

how many members Mk 1 and Mk2.... most of my frineds sold theirs... :(
clean?
hahah..
fren, the intake manifold IS clean, i assure you. but the rest are not, i assure you oso..:biggrin:

on paper the 9A has 145bhp, atw, if i remember. it has a good broad power on long distance, and more power can be had on minor mods, according to guys at clubGTI uk.
i still keep my KR cams, for future mod, and wanna put better header oso. the current ones is rusty like hell..!

Mk2+mk1 owner i cannot tell how much, scattered all over here, but there's 4 MK2 owner in which 2 of them i know personally.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
H2Zero said:
... the KR cams are much sought after.... really hope to meet more people who are into Golfs....
contact eoj on autoworld.com.my, he knows a lot Mark 1 and Mark 2 owners.

eoj

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
guys,

there was a little gathering of golfs last saturday nite at the tmn sea projet. about 10 cars from mkI, cabs, mkII and mkIII (maybe a IV). i couldn't make it cos i had to go outstation. the guys are planning one lunch trip to tg malim soon...... so will keep u fellas updated if interested.

kookaburra,

BUy buY bUy BUY buy Buy BUy.. wat u waiting for ????!!!! hahahha......

eoj

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro kc...since you have those knowledge,you can up to your own business...and you should know that...at msia not much detailer like you....few more weeks untill march oo bro ...:biggrin:

HI Ling Reiden
thanks for asking & you really make me to rethink

Msia does have lots of talented people, everyone is gifted in one way or another......
if you have been in many of clinic you would have probably hear me...using Msia Boleh

PEndrive -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience