VW Golf Mk5: Paintwork Correction, Interior Detail, Engine & Protected

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good day again,

ahh.. christmas is just around the corner and i have been detailing so much lately. i've hurt my back since a month ago, yeap.. been squatting alot to work on door panel/rims too much. guess i really need a holiday soon, to take a break and of course spend time with my loved ones. detailing takes alot of prep work to make it to perfection, so many steps that you need to do to just prep the surface and of course the amount of effort and time you put. passion will lead me and give me power to restore every car. simply say, i love restoring. no matter how much time i have to spend, how many prep work to do i will try my best seeking the easiest way to bring a car to a whole new level, just like bringing antique to the modern world.

today here i have is a VW Golf GTI as known as Mk5. the surface have build up alot dirt, because of the surface did not have a layer of protection so the dirt simply will sit on the surface and did not repel. after discussing with the owner, i suggested him to coat his car. Opti-Coat will perform a layer of permanent clear coat on the surface and because its permanent, your original clear coat will protected by the top of Opti-Coat, meanwhile you get to enjoy long lasting gloss and dont have to be afraid of environment falls out which will harm your paint!

upon arrival

rear trunk

ear bumper

rear lower skirting

engine

close up

interior

close up

stain

door handle

more dust

more stain

and more

OPC carry out diluted 1:4 brush

clean

before

after

before

now

more before and after

OPC wipe down with a damp cloth and rinse dry

moving to surface preparation. deep wash with OPC remove dirt on surface and re-wash with ONR and clay at the same time.

dirt collected

moving to paint correction, tape all necessary area to avoid compound dust go in

swirls never can hide under my halogen

after corrected

swirls at passenger door

after corrected

roof RIDS before

after

A pillar before

after

IPA wipe down to remove silicone

coating begins

coated the engine plastic and carbon products

dirt stuck inside door handle

lock the door and pull the handle.

tadaa!

after clean with OPC

wheel protected with Opti-Seal

remember exhaust tip before?

secret will be revealing here

OPC pure to clean tough oil

polish 50/50

after 30mins

final

some pictures after all the hard work have put on this car

thanks for reading.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Your work is fantastic and your documentation is superb!!! Keep it up!!! Your passion for detailing really shows....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

MEDIA MEMBERS GIVE THUMBS UP TO NAZA MEDIA SHUTTLE SERVICE

The Malaysian F1 race is over; but Naza KIA – the Official Media Shuttle for Sepang Circuit - will continue to make its presence at the F1 track to serve media members on duty.

“We have had only good comments from the media members especially photographers – local and international – of the media shuttle service and the Naza...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience