VW Golf GTi Mk6

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
German marque, japanese reliability?
Japanese manufacturer, Conti price tag?
If they are Made in Japan the quality can be real good, scare only is Made in Thailand or Philippines or somewhere else.....lol:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

in term of engine maintenance, evo are much cheaper and more simple than impreza.. even just pulling out a spark plug can give u headache..
His heart with Mk6 already......hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ixeo : :thefinger: ZTH has been quite quiet. A little off-topic banter isn't going to be that bad in "Car Talk" section.

Btw, I know of a certain 5-series Hartge Diesel that'll be for sale for RM71K soon. Car has been completely fixed up and everything is just buy and drive condition. 600nm+ of torque on tap and auto. Will eat your Golf for break lunch and dinner until next year. Comfort, size and everything. Only thing is the CF steering was stolen so it's using a standard 5-Series steering.

6-0-0nm turbo-charged torques goddamit! And that's with conservative boosting. Crank it up to the max and get 800nm+!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
ixeo : :thefinger: ZTH has been quite quiet. A little off-topic banter isn't going to be that bad in "Car Talk" section.

Btw, I know of a certain 5-series Hartge Diesel that'll be for sale for RM71K soon. Car has been completely fixed up and everything is just buy and drive condition. 600nm+ of torque on tap and auto. Will eat your Golf for break lunch and dinner until next year. Comfort, size and everything. Only thing is the CF steering was stolen so it's using a standard 5-Series steering.

6-0-0nm turbo-charged torques goddamit! And that's with conservative boosting. Crank it up to the max and get 800nm+!
That would be an E60 530d.
Bro, have you seen the road tax on those displacements?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It's about 2.1k/yr right? Doesn't matter if gasoline or diesel, is it?
RM2.2k/year. Its madness. That amount of money can buy 4 donuts.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
2.2k road tax is peanut for big boss of a cumpany since they enjoy 5-digit salary plus benefits. Heck, the big boss may not even pay a single cents as all the bill is covered by kumpany.

Only tar-kung-chai have to fork out from their own pocket for that amount.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My ex colleague drove a 350Z for one year then gave up at road tax renewal time.....lol:burnout:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
2.2k road tax is peanut for big boss of a cumpany since they enjoy 5-digit salary plus benefits. Heck, the big boss may not even pay a single cents as all the bill is covered by kumpany.

Only tar-kung-chai have to fork out from their own pocket for that amount.
I kuli only boss. General worker not general manyzer.

Sabah registered car. Cheaper by a lot.

And my gawwwwd.. 600nm+ TORQUESSSSSSSSS
If drive in west Malaysia they will force you to convert road tax over here.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If drive in west Malaysia they will force you to convert road tax over here.
But I heard got loopholes to get away with the lower road tax if got agent/connection to do over there and mail it here. Is it true? Few weeks ago I text a showroom who advertised a 3.0 Mark X and they claim they can arrange the road tax there so only pay the same like the 2.5ltr.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya that's right. Get those specialized runners to settle for you and depending on the car, you might pay only 1/3 of the price like this Hartge Diesel I'm drooling all over. Bloody hell, 600nm is something you don't forget easily.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have you ever fantasized about ultimate performance cars going around traffic-plagued downtown Jakarta? Hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, a community named Speedcreed.net, organized a cruise you see before you. For the first time, it was held on a weekday morning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience