VVT Pulley

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
The famous diesel sound is what differs 20V engines to any other engines. I just don't understand why do we have to take the sound out...
Hmm...
:hmmmm::confused:
hehehe.. if other engine sounds like that.. their teppet (sorry, didn't know the correct spelling) need some adjustment..

from my lil knowledge of mechanical engineering.. 'sliding' is better than 'knocking'

the sound "tek tek tek" is the sound of metal knocking metal.. and it doesn't sound nice.. .. :banghead:

:biggrin:

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
it's not just about the sound...
prolong usage, your VVT would not be able to engage properly...

all this is because of the oil viscosity degraded... i think...:confused:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
just want to add a little bit...it happened to me earlier on...i dont know whether my explaination make sense or not...but i manage to reduce the diesel sound...by setting the timing using a timing light...before i just guestimate by sound only...

please check or set your distributer/timing properly...i personally have came across a few car/engine that have their distributer timing are set in full advance...which in case will cause the pulley working at full capacity to retard the timing to prevent knocking...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the sound coming from VVT pulley..

the simplest thing to eliminate the sound is to change to adjustable cam pulley..

but if VVT off, u need to choose between low rpm torque or high rpm power..

with VVT u can get both :biggrin:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
all this is because of the oil viscosity degraded... i think...:confused:
yup ...perhaps you can say that...

it's just like other mechanical parts, they need a good service...
replaced with good think oil...just like you did...

same goes to human, they need "some" services tooo.....hahahahahaha... :P :P

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Service details ? you ment DIY ?
Hi bro Chinozie,

Can you please share with me the place where I can service my vvt pulley?

Thanks...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Would faulty VVT pulley cause difficult in starting the car? With knocking during start. help
If VVT is one, engine will be difficult to start and idles roughly. But I don't think VVT can be stuck in the "on" position. Never heard of VVT giving such problems.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna get a set of HID but was confused as there's man types.. im clear about the 45k watts and stuff ask da higher watt it is da brighter it is. but da onli think i dono is H3 H4 and other H1 H2 all those.. can anyone tell me more on these?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience