vtec/i-dsi,which is better?

babyGreddy

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
kuala lumpur
Visit site
hi hondarianz,

im planning to buy honda city 1.5 but i dunno which is better-vtec/i-dsi?
all i know vtec is more powerful n can be mod but if want fuel economy salesman said take i-dsi.

i juz want ur advice,which is better for a person who drives 366 days in kl town n once a month to ipoh/spore,who loves the art of modification,who loves speed n not to forget who loves $$$$$.

thank you.

moshpit21

Known Member
Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
"all i know vtec is more powerful n can be mod but if want fuel economy salesman said take i-dsi"

what u said was true..

may i know what car are u driving now?? just for comparison purpose, let say if u're used to drive the stock NA car, then u should take the i-dsi, coz the i-dsi engine is not so bad in power if u compare to any other car in that class(NA & stock), but u'll have the advantage in FC wise, but if now u're driving a mod car, hmmm.. take the v-tec coz i bet u'll be so boring driving the i-dsi..

just my humble opinion..

good luck with decision..

cheers..

-peace-

littled

Known Member
Nov 18, 2004
if u drive a lot in the city the idsi will ur best bet
but if u want to mod, both can be modded... for an additional 5k i would personally suggest to get the vtec... minor mods like spark plugs n safety would be cheaper as the vtec uses 4 sparks but the idsi uses 8.
if i am not mistaken the vtec comes with disc brakes which are definitely an advantage over drum brakes.
also the interior is also nicer in the vtec.... it has a more sportier look.. cant go wrong with black.. easier to maintain
vtec can also be quite fuel efficient as a 1.5vtec can give u an average of RM50 to 480-520km depending on how heavy your right foot is
hehehehe
just my 2 cents....

babyGreddy

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
kuala lumpur
Visit site
tq

moshpit21 said:
"all i know vtec is more powerful n can be mod but if want fuel economy salesman said take i-dsi"

what u said was true..

may i know what car are u driving now?? just for comparison purpose, let say if u're used to drive the stock NA car, then u should take the i-dsi, coz the i-dsi engine is not so bad in power if u compare to any other car in that class(NA & stock), but u'll have the advantage in FC wise, but if now u're driving a mod car, hmmm.. take the v-tec coz i bet u'll be so boring driving the i-dsi..

just my humble opinion..

good luck with decision..

cheers..

-peace-

thanks guys.....
currently im driving a wira a/b 1.3(minor mod in the engine).....n i love to drive fast but in a careful way

i love the shape of the honda city now looks more elegant...i think i'll take v-tec.

thank u so much guys!!!

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
littled said:
if u drive a lot in the city the idsi will ur best bet
but if u want to mod, both can be modded... for an additional 5k i would personally suggest to get the vtec... minor mods like spark plugs n safety would be cheaper as the vtec uses 4 sparks but the idsi uses 8.
if i am not mistaken the vtec comes with disc brakes which are definitely an advantage over drum brakes.
also the interior is also nicer in the vtec.... it has a more sportier look.. cant go wrong with black.. easier to maintain
vtec can also be quite fuel efficient as a 1.5vtec can give u an average of RM50 to 480-520km depending on how heavy your right foot is
hehehehe
just my 2 cents....
hi littled,
heard from my frens, his idsi give him Rm0.10 per km....from ur info, fc for vtec is similar as idsi, right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ALL

need help from yours about the gear oil change,
i know there was 2 nuts need to unscrew, one is to release the oil and one is fill in.
can some one guide me to locate this 2 nuts ? will appliciate if can provide photo

thanks a lot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience