Spec
stage 1 cams with adjustable campulley
64mm throttle body with single runner intake
SARD fuel regulator
2.5 inch exhaust piping
emanage blue + rechipped ECU
walbro 255lph fpump

Problem
- running the fpr at 3bar psi, my walbro doesn't came out any sound.
- felt that engine is not performing well from low end till max
- pinging at low rpms. very bad pinging sound
- ignition timing was checked at 10ish - 11 (advance)
- felt that standard cams perform better than the stage 1

Question
- what the duck went wrong?
- could it be my FPR is faulty?
- does this engine need more air?
- pls advise what are the possibility.. some friends said that my engine is really UNhealthy.

rgds,
Danny

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
does dis happened after the engine has been tuned sir? ur setting looks like its gonna perform best at the top end. y did u find d need to combine the emanage with programmable chip sir?

fyi, i think its the tuning sir.. can we get more info on the subject matter? tq

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
Spec
stage 1 cams with adjustable campulley
64mm throttle body with single runner intake
SARD fuel regulator
2.5 inch exhaust piping
emanage blue + rechipped ECU
walbro 255lph fpump

Problem
- running the fpr at 3bar psi, my walbro doesn't came out any sound.
- felt that engine is not performing well from low end till max
- pinging at low rpms. very bad pinging sound
- ignition timing was checked at 10ish - 11 (advance)
- felt that standard cams perform better than the stage 1

Question
- what the duck went wrong?
- could it be my FPR is faulty?
- does this engine need more air?
- pls advise what are the possibility.. some friends said that my engine is really UNhealthy.

rgds,
Danny
Change your tuner :proud: Probably bad tuning on the e-manage or the cams

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
drop in power on the road after tuning, normally a symptom after an engine has been dyno-ed on the dynojet.

please confirm sir..

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Xtremeleo
- the reason y i combine the chip + emanage is to get the fine tune / setting for my machine. The chip is not build according to my machine specs, it's copy-mugen.
- yeah.. it did happened after i do the tuning. It seems that the tuner can't find what went wrong.. it might be the fuel delivery systems as what he said, but that is just an assumption.
- I dynoed once on dynojet, that was years back. I'm a loyal dynodynamics user.
- Today i tested my fpr at 5.5bar and the walbro starts to sing again! from my observation, the fpr could be 90% faulty. Damn you SARD ayam.

Rakyat
- could you suggest me some good vtec tuner? Mine is not B series.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
wait up, it was tuned on d dynamics? who was the tuner then? ive never seen this happened with joshua performing the session, but iam open to everything has their first time.. vtecs dont need 5bar of fuel pressure sir

oh, its a cap ayam fpr ke.. check if the diafram is leaking, and report back sir

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Yes.. diaphragm kong. Cuz i wonder why my AFR meter from rich slowly go to lean and suddenly went missing..

The reason behind the 5bar is bcoz we're(me n friends) are looking for quick solution and determine which part is faulty.

Bout the tuner, I'll keep it to myself cuz looking at the point here, some might say the well known tuner doesn't know to check the slightest issue, resulting him getting bad name. Nvm, it's my fault anyway cuz not noticing it(the faulty FPR) earlier.

Last question bro.. since there're lotsa AYAM parts on the shelves, should i get the 'works engineering' FPR since they're giving 5yrs warranty? Or, can you suggest any trustworthy brand?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
thank you for being discreet about ur tuner sir, me menyibuk pulak..

works fpr? yes please.. ive installed few of this brand, they are very good sir. its easy jer to check if an fpr is faulty, pass down to me ler if u wanna throw dat faulty fpr away, membazir tak elok..

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Tuner also orang biasa.. it's just that they know things that i dunno bout engine tuning n stuffs.. Biasalah.. sometimes tend to overlooked small2 things..

Sure can, if you're around KL area, PM me your details. Maybe we can have TT :)

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Damn..

After changing the FPR, O2 Sensor, the problem still there.. sometimes CEL came up.. can't really figure what went wrong.. anyone faced this kinda issue b4?

I got problems with my fuel delivery issue..

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
A workaround has been done few times.. Did the check on the CEL error .. CEL -10, which means IAT sensor faulty.. for this part, can i just swap mine with those B-Series IAT sensor?

Is there any possibilities that my E-Manage is contributing to the Fuel Sys Issue?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
any sensor from the same engine type may be used kot, u have to look at the serial number for dat perfect match. but since u have d emanage to tune the engine up, i dont see there is any need to replace dat, since the tuning is not determined in any way by the iat sensor dah. i dunno if ur tuner trim the emanage according to the iat (i dunno if dats even possible, there are trimming function in em fyi), but when its tuned wideband-ly to perfection, in our climate, i dont see trimmings giving much effect on ur tune (we dont have extreme climate change).

there is a possibility dat ur wiring wasnt done correct, there are cases in the past dat ive seen myself, few wires are misplaced leading to shitty tune and destroying the engine. i suggest u get dat rechecked if u are in doubt of the installation process sir

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Alrighty then.. I'll check the connections etc and do some testing again..

Thanks for your input sir. Appreciate it!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, To those whom had DIY their own vertical door but do not have good, strong or longer lift absorber to lift up the door, by all means...pm me, thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience