vios auto.. recommend exhaust system ?

archsaviour

Jan 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro... Reduced back pressure is good. But not too low and especially not zero. Think of it, if back pressure is zero, some of the exhaust might flow back in the pipe ruining the flow of your exhaust. Some amount of back pressure is required to make sure the flow remains smooth and fast right until your muffler. The fast flowing exhaust is good to get scavenging effect out of your engine. I would say if you use your car a lot in the city, tune it for best low end torque. Stick to factory size +/- 0.2". For extractor, use 4-2-1. Oh ya, if yours is auto, better stick with 4-2-1, and factory piping... It kills, trust me T.T

Please do not de-cat. Let us be responsible drivers. Don't spoil environment. De-cat gives your a bit on improvement but very minor. Unless you re-do the whole system for decat from the extractor, piping, resonator, silencer, and muffler. Just doing a de-cat itself have very little effect on power but has a bad effect on environment and noise. so for that little bit power increase, better change your air-filter or iridium spark plugs :listen:

I think the top part was meant to reply to Wiora, I agree with your point on finding that perfect pressure for the flow.

My car is a manual transmission, but thanks for the suggestion on the tuning.

Yes, I'm thinking of changing the whole system if the benefits are worth it, any brands/workshop to recommend?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
why i read somewhere saying that you never lose power with big exhaust...just need properly tuned engine..

can explain why big exhaust are bad? do you really need backpressure? or should it be zero backpressure?
I wouldnt say backpressure, you need a large enough pipe to flow, small so the scavenging effect is still in? I cant remember what they call it.

Think of it like your garden hose, it has pressure, but if your hose is so big like a longkang pipe the water will just dribble out due to the lack of pressure. Too small it starts leaking at the tap, you get the idea dont you? :biggrin:

This is what I know, dont blast me haha :driver:

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
i back :D

i just throw my "bullet" on jan 1 :d . i feel abit more lighter paddle.. the sound also louder.. i lov it .. but the problem is i still using my old Direct pipe.. still consider about s/flow but mostly bintulu sflow tips all are square :banghead: that is the reason why make me stop thinking of changing. i just goes to a exhaust shop last few days.. but they say all S/flow must have square or oval tips.. is that ture ? i don't think square tips are suitable for my rear diffuser..

for me har.. i think big exhaust are for Monster car... :D
small car like mind shall used not more than 2inch inlet :D
correct me if i am wrong :D

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
izzit too big ? for a 1.5 car ? was wondering 2inch :D

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
izzit too big ? for a 1.5 car ? was wondering 2inch :D
Bro he said TIP. Inlet should be 2", and yes, 2" inlet should be better on your 1.5 haha :biggrin:.

The exhaust shop people cant chop off the tip and weld on a new one? :hmmmm:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive been doing dat for years, i dont care so much about brands but rather performance and efficiency. if it works, it stays in my setup, simple..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys

Im planning to buy a 2010 Toyota car direct from owner. Since this is my first time buying car, i tried to google for some info and found this: http://nextimelah.blogspot.com/2014/02/buying-used-car-in-malaysia-from-direct.html

If anyone has epxerience buying used car from owner, can you please advice since this writing is 2014, maybe some changes recently on the processes, or things that not covered by the writer of the blog. or maybe, if anyone can simply advise me point...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience