Viking Tyres launched in Malaysia

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because I always hard turn that corner. That day is wet. FWD if slide then it slide lor,
let off throttle then control steering only :rofl:

Renesis be like:
Should be picture of a blonde mah!.......hahahhahahahah:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Huh? Rotate in what sense? Sorry, I din't get it. Give me big ideas also maybe I don't dare to attempt it. :biggrin:
Rotate as in front to rear and rear to front every 5k or 10k. Many on 4 tyres change do that, then all 4 tyres will wear off the same time.
If 2 tyre change format new to rear and old rear to front. Front wears much faster so the new ones again to the rear and old rear to the front. In a way the tyres already rotated but once only during tyre change time.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
HAHA, not at all. I don't drive sohai anymore.
Can find, go FB find Car Memes.
You can simply do one by yourself one ma.
Suddenly become ethical driver. :hmmmm:

Should be picture of a blonde mah!.......hahahhahahahah:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Rotate as in front to rear and rear to front every 5k or 10k. Many on 4 tyres change do that, then all 4 tyres will wear off the same time.
If 2 tyre change format new to rear and old rear to front. Front wears much faster so the new ones again to the rear and old rear to the front. In a way the tyres already rotated but once only during tyre change time.
Oh, so that is called rotate tyres. I din't know the term for it because I thought it was exchanging tyres. This sort of thing my family always like to do. They say like this no need to change tyres so fast.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh, so that is called rotate tyres. I din't know the term for it because I thought it was exchanging tyres. This sort of thing my family always like to do. They say like this no need to change tyres so fast.
Same mah! Change faster but 2 tyres at a time. Prolong tyre change have to change 4 tyres. Just like you now, change 2 tyres but the other two also almost bald already.
If you rotate and do balancing/alignment still have to pay for workmanship. Rotate 3 times, pay 3 times. Doing 2 tyre change, no rotation no need pay.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Same mah! Change faster but 2 tyres at a time. Prolong tyre change have to change 4 tyres. Just like you now, change 2 tyres but the other two also almost bald already.
If you rotate and do balancing/alignment still have to pay for workmanship. Rotate 3 times, pay 3 times. Doing 2 tyre change, no rotation no need pay.....:biggrin:
You're right about this. Probably they want to save some time and change one whole set new at one go. Next time I shall highlight this issue to them.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"Me no viking supplier" ?
Because he thought that is part of the tyre components... Carbon Black.......hahahahhahahha:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Someone actually called you and ask whether are you selling Viking?
Yah! should have got it from Bro. SC at special price.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Because he thought that is part of the tyre components... Carbon Black.......hahahahhahahha:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Yah! should have got it from Bro. SC at special price.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Carbon fibre tyres, unbelievable.

I got at 140. He can offer me lower or not? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Er, that looked like rather harmful. It's a waste product isn't it?
Use of Carbon Black.....
The most common use (70%) of carbon black is as a pigment and reinforcing phase in automobile tires. Carbon black also helps conduct heat away from the tread and belt area of the tire, reducing thermal damage and increasing tire life.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
VIKING CITY TECH 5
Allow me to share my exp on Viking tyre, the City Tech 5 to be exact.
I just change 1 whole set on my BLM stock size of 185/60/14. Price is RM130 per pc.
Actually i was targeting for an upgrade to 15 inch and Michelin PS3 but decide not to as wife is pregnant and dunno why i just lost interest in the 15 inch upgrade and PS3. Its funny how certain happening makes others does not happen.
The info below is base on 1 week usage only.
I will be comparing it with my previous Michelin XM2 and the Bridgestone EP200 ( different size ) used on my Waja.

One thing i cant ignore is not that the tyre is very cheap but its very2 noisy compared to my XM2 and EP200. In this noise factor, the XM2 is the quietest and CT5 ranked last. Its unacceptable to me, well maybe i am to used to the XM2. The EP200 is noisy but i can still take it.

Ride comfort, this Viking has very soft side wall compared to both the XM2 and EP200. Therefore i had a bit more comfort. XM2 is the hardest here but not uncomfortable.

Dry performance, the CT5 is way off the XM2 and EP200. I cant push as hard as i am on the EP200 and XM2. I know all are entry tyre but the gap is very huge. Maybe the tyre is still new. I also notices that the noise increases during corner. The CT5 is really not surefooted in dry. Same goes in the wet during corner.

However, braking performance rival the EP200. XM2 wins in dry and ties with EP200 in wet.

I know this is an overkill at the highest level but last Sat i took the car to Bukit Putus to see what am i really getting for RM130 a piece. I was going at moderate pace as i know its off the XM2 capability. I dunno how to explain this but the CT5 character changed abit, at times it mimicks the XM2 capability.
On of camber downhill corner under braking, nervy feeling reminded me that the sidewall is soft. Upon reaching the restaurant at the bottom of the hill i realize one thing, the CT5 really hates long sweeping corner.

VIKING PRO TECH PT5
Tyre is shod on an Exora bold, size is 206/55/16. Forgot the price already. This tyre is definitely better that CT5 and the Champiro BAX2 it replaces. The noise level is like the BS EP200.

Dry performance is same as EP200, grip is there but pushed harder and it will loses traction but be very careful as just like the EP200 it is silent during the initial moment it loses traction. I personally like tyre to squeal when it started to lose traction so i can play with the limit.XM2 wins again in dry.

Wet performance, a bit better than CT5.

So, which one to choose?
If one don't mind spending more ( abt Rm50 a pc more ) then go for XM2. However if you know that you are just driving to get from point A to point B in a relaxed, law obedient, considerate manner, then go for the cheaper option.
Does the XM2 or EP200 worth the higher pricing? I would say yes. It last longer than EP200 and most of the time the tyre becomes hard before the thread runs out. My previous set on the BLM was change as its already hard and losing grip. still got abt 40% left and wet performance is still there.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, which one to choose?
If one don't mind spending more ( abt Rm50 a pc more ) then go for XM2. However if you know that you are just driving to get from point A to point B in a relaxed, law obedient, considerate manner, then go for the cheaper option.
Does the XM2 or EP200 worth the higher pricing? I would say yes. It last longer than EP200 and most of the time the tyre becomes hard before the thread runs out. My previous set on the BLM was change as its already hard and losing grip. still got abt 40% left and wet performance is still there.
Usually when cannot finish the tyres thread pattern and need to change the tyres because tyre rubber compound hardens, I will recommend to take the cheaper less lasting tyre. Getting fresh tyres are much safer than for some, who are trying to finish the old set and prolong the tyre change.....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Are you a photo journalist, blogger or a hobby photographer? We welcome all professionals and budding photographers alike to join us during the TIMETOATTACK for a non-stop, action-packed, performance car filled Sunday throughout the Sepang Circuit!

Please sign up for your personal Media Access, approved applicants will receive an exclusive TIMETOATTACK...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience