Viking Tyres launched in Malaysia

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Good timing. :biggrin:

Conti is from which country? Malaysian?

50% change? Rich people indeed. But buying 2nd hand tyre is good?:hmmmm:
If you don't whack corners or drive hard and more for daily driver like us who just want to get from A to B. Is okay to get 2nd hand, just don't get those that is 50% thread left but more than 6 years old tyre. Even new tyres if more than 4 years already not recommended to buy since tyres that is more than 6 years old are no longer usable or recommended to use at all.

But new tyres, I always check the date. Don't just because mech say is new tyre, then u just take and didnt see date. Kena con also dunno.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you don't whack corners or drive hard and more for daily driver like us who just want to get from A to B. Is okay to get 2nd hand, just don't get those that is 50% thread left but more than 6 years old tyre. Even new tyres if more than 4 years already not recommended to buy since tyres that is more than 6 years old are no longer usable or recommended to use at all.

But new tyres, I always check the date. Don't just because mech say is new tyre, then u just take and didnt see date. Kena con also dunno.
I think rubber quality also deteriorate already after so many years. Coupled with our hot weather, that won't do any good on tyres.

Where to check the date?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Usually inner wall, a circled 4-digit number. 0810 for example is 8th week 2010.

2114 = 21st week of 2014.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Found it. 0911 for the A drive at rear while 0414 for the new Viking at front.
A drive is also new or really used since 2011? Around 3rd week of february 2011.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Conti is from which country? Malaysian?

50% change? Rich people indeed. But buying 2nd hand tyre is good?:hmmmm:
Should be German.
Since they have factory in Malaysia, some of the tyre models are local made.

Yes, why not. 2nd hand is very much cheaper but must know how to see and inspect first....

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

If those UHP and Max tyres usually 1 to 2 years old. 50% for Max tyres still good mah! since will be way way cheaper. Max tyres still can whack but not in wet for those less then 50% lah.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

A drive is also new or really used since 2011? Around 3rd week of february 2011.
His A-Drive going to botak already....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Should be German.

Yes, why not. 2nd hand is very much cheaper but must know how to see and inspect first....

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

If those UHP and Max tyres usually 1 to 2 years old. 50% for Max tyres still good mah! since will be way way cheaper. Max tyres still can whack but not in wet for those less then 50% lah.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Wah...can last 4 years :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
His 3 years only, 2011 to 2014.

My wife's Tiggo is 2009 to 2010 ones, that is why now searching for tyres, even though still have plenty thread pattern....:bawling:
Your wife real slow driver wor :rofl: 4 years old tyre can still use ma no?
16" Silverstone :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your wife real slow driver wor :rofl: 4 years old tyre can still use ma no?
16" Silverstone :biggrin:
2009 ones 5 years liao, Conti CC1 tyre. Sidewall near pattern start to have hairline cracks, as well as in between the grooves, so better start looking for tyres dy.
235/60R16 not many tyres have...ha! ha! same problem as your 165/55R14, but at least SUV don not need high performance tyres loh!
If tyre model cannot find good one, then have to upgrade to 17" and use 225/55R17. This size got plenty of brands and model....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Old but don't know used since when. The car was borrowed to my uncle during mid year 2009. Got it back last October.

Should be German.

German tyres? Sounded better than Viking from Norway. Today my mother saw that logo on the tyres and ask me why got king of cow (ngau mo wong in cantonese) at there. :rofl:

If talk about durability, what sort of tyres are usually the best choice?

Yeah, quite bad. Inner side almost bald.

Wah...can last 4 years :rofl:
I think not so long. :biggrin:

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Old but don't know used since when. The car was borrowed to my uncle during mid year 2009. Got it back last October.

German tyres? Sounded better than Viking from Norway. Today my mother saw that logo on the tyres and ask me why got king of cow (ngau mo wong in cantonese) at there. :rofl:

If talk about durability, what sort of tyres are usually the best choice?
The car is yours so it was "lent" to your uncle, not borrowed to your uncle, but if the sentence was the other way around, you will word it as your uncle borrowed the car. It shows who the car belongs to. Hope you don't mind this correction.....:rolleyes:

Durable tyres are entry level like yours....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
2009 ones 5 years liao, Conti CC1 tyre. Sidewall near pattern start to have hairline cracks, as well as in between the grooves, so better start looking for tyres dy.
235/60R16 not many tyres have...ha! ha! same problem as your 165/55R14, but at least SUV don not need high performance tyres loh!
If tyre model cannot find good one, then have to upgrade to 17" and use 225/55R17. This size got plenty of brands and model....:biggrin:
Go 17" la bro. Then your house, all cars using 17" LOL!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The car is yours so it was "lent" to your uncle, not borrowed to your uncle, but if the sentence was the other way around, you will word it as your uncle borrowed the car. It shows who the car belongs to. Hope you don't mind this correction.....:rolleyes:

Durable tyres are entry level like yours....
Haha, sure don't mind. Suddenly become english lesson. Thanks for the tip, now I know. Should be useful for my studies next time.

Entry level usually scored worst in performance and grip. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wira 1.5 A GLI
Hi sifus, i got a question, im not quite sure about my current exhaust mods cant trust those exhaust shops guys la, can anyone advise me on my current setup? Tried modifying few times till running out of ideas

Last time use to have two bullets but now replace with midbox some how feels better pick up! so now my setup is 4-2-1---Bullet----midbox------s-flow muffler
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience