1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Video: 5 Pickup Truck Test - Triton, Hilux, Ranger, D-Max, Navara

Discussion in 'News and Features' started by Tom Goh, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Tom

Tom 15 Year | Platinum
    Helmet Clan

2. gunnerzz

gunnerzz 5 Year | Silver

Was not expecting the D Max to beat Hilux on the drag race until i recalled that it was the 3.0 model. I would luv if it was the 19 model.

The Triton looked very composed in the 2nd challenge. Almost car like movement.

On the 3rd challenge, Bobby method of approach is almost correct. Going too slow will cause the car to shake from left to right, front to back...depending on the surface.

3. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

Agreed. Why not the 1.9 DMax? The 3L is irrelevant given high road tax and old tech.

4. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

I like the good mix of reviewers, each with a different character. I think Tom and Bobby should do more reviews together.

Bobby caters to the average Joe, he covers stuff like cup holders and storage compartments, which is very important for consumers.

Tom covers the handling and power of the car. Which is for the drivers. Tom ain’t got time for cup holders.

vr2turbo likes this.