Vibration, Weird Sounds, Misfiring, HELP!

irmond

Nov 2, 2008
I need assistance, my car honda civic fd has weird sounds and vibration.

1) Vibration while driving, just change tyre ystrday. Sometimes feels like oversteer when taking hard corner (suspect tie rod)

2) Squeaking sound at rear side when going through bumps (suspect absorber) but absorber still ok when inspected

3) Jerking became quite often nowadays, especially when brake at traffic light and accelerate again. (Suspect spark plugs) but mechanic said ok.

My suspicion is that my mechanic lazy and not professional enough to even bother to check. Please recommend an expert to me in Shah Alam or Subang Jaya. Thanks and appreciate ur help alot!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

1) Vibration while driving, just change tyre ystrday. Sometimes feels like oversteer when taking hard corner (suspect tie rod)

2) Squeaking sound at rear side when going through bumps (suspect absorber) but absorber still ok when inspected

3) Jerking became quite often nowadays, especially when brake at traffic light and accelerate again. (Suspect spark plugs) but mechanic said ok.

My suspicion is that my mechanic lazy and not professional enough to even bother to check. Please recommend an expert to me in Shah Alam or Subang Jaya. Thanks and appreciate ur help alot!
1.When does the vibration occur, all the time or ar certain speed. If it was not there before the tire change then the new tire is not properly balance.
Your tires are still new, dont expect full performance straightaway. Lift off on cornering on a fwd car can cause oversteer. I doubt the tie rod is the problem.

2.Try spraying WD40 on the absorber rod and see if the noise disappear. If it does not happen before then i suspect dust might somehow gets on to the road when the suspension is fully extended during the tire change.

3.Jerking...i have no idea.

irmond

Nov 2, 2008
1.When does the vibration occur, all the time or ar certain speed. If it was not there before the tire change then the new tire is not properly balance.
Your tires are still new, dont expect full performance straightaway. Lift off on cornering on a fwd car can cause oversteer. I doubt the tie rod is the problem.

2.Try spraying WD40 on the absorber rod and see if the noise disappear. If it does not happen before then i suspect dust might somehow gets on to the road when the suspension is fully extended during the tire change.

3.Jerking...i have no idea.
All of these even happen before changing the tyres.

2. What does WD40 does for the absorber?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

1. explain more about vibration u feel from where ? new tyre need more rub tho.
2. squeaking might be bushes, suspension mounting, ya wd40 spray at absorber shaft to cut down any possibility of squeaking.
3. Jerking, what rpm u observed. idling rpm stable btw ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

From what tyres to what tyres, meaning brand and model.
Agree with bro. sweelt, tyres need some scrub in time before they grip well.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
All of these even happen before changing the tyres.
Only means you had faulty rims, worn undercarriage bushes/arms and an engine in need of a retune
Oh! in that case, since before changing tyres already have problem, then better check on what bro. parakey posted above. Include checking the drive shafts also....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm planning to change my muffler and/or the extractor. The problem is i'm new in this area and can anyone tell me what to look for when buying. For the muffler what price should I expect. Is the cap ayam one cost around 100-250 any good? Or should I go for branded one. And the extractor... which one is good for auto car... 4-2-1 or 4-1? Budget around rm500 if possible for both.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience