Vacuum lines messed up.

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

Its been a while since i last posted here. Recently got myself a Kancil L2S to play. I have just overhauled the engine and the timing when the a/c is turned on is very low to the point of cutting off the engine when braking. Much appreciated if someone could help me out to which is which. Or even better, a close up picture of your engine bay and vacuum hoses.

I have tried switching the hoses around but it didnt help. To make it drive-able I adjusted the timing to 1.5k rpm on idle without a/c and it drops to 1k with the a/c on and +-800 with the lights + a/c on. Have already cleaned the throttle body. It idles at around 2k from a cold start. Vacuum hoses are all new silicon hoses.

Last edited:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
no vaccum line to the bov...whoaaa.not functioning.
ok here's the standard layout of the vacuum line.
From tb you can splice the vacuum to the boost gauge, bov, actuator/wastegate and also the FPR.
but if there is another nipple on the TB that has vacuum, put only the FPR on it because it is important for the FPR to get the correct reading of vaccum/boost

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
yeah i think the BOV not functioning... The problem is the 3 hoses from some plastic looking thing that looks like a FICD... i dunno which goes where... ill get a pic later.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday evening saw the launch of Audi’s compact SUV – the Q3, in Malaysia. The Q3 is the third and smallest SUV in the Audi line-up, sitting below its Q5 and Q7 bigger brothers. Audi says that the Q3 is an evolution of the classic SUV that combines the strengths of an SUV with advanced driving dynamics and efficiency. Only one engine variant is available – 2.0 TFSI, the 2.0-litre...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience