UY-GTJ Uphill Breakfast 30th Jan 2011

Loki

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whatadrive.blogspot.com
Endlessssssss :P.

Or how bout you buy my R33 GTR brembos (front and back) and I'll top up to get an Endless set? :)

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Endlessssssss :P.

Or how bout you buy my R33 GTR brembos (front and back) and I'll top up to get an Endless set? :)
Uhmm, might be interested in the complete brembo setup....depending on price...lemme know bro... :biggrin:

Can even do a swap with my rb26 block and cyl head... my buyer still undecided :biggrin:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
oh.. gobiz got to it first.

anyways... how much u selling it for? Is it a direct fit to the R34?

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

oh.. gobiz got to it first.

anyways... how much u selling it for? Is it a direct fit to the R34?

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
count me in for the breakfast. would be nice to meet up and make new friends on a sunday morning (which i normally am not even awake at that time)

hope my old girl can catch up :biggrin:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Tem, braided hose done already la. You need to read my blog from the beginning. :)

I really need better brake setup.

Oh sudaa kawtim aa.. Sorry hehe. Well, I do agree that u need a better brake setup as I do too.. I'm using 4-pot Sumitomos like any other early BNR32s albeit with cross-drilled discs.

Getting Loki's Brembos are not a bad idea though.. Gobiz should let u have it first as his gojira is due to complete engine rebuild AND tuning only after CNY. So to be fit enough to go up the bukit AND needing them Brembos are still a couple of weeks more.. :biggrin:

Even if u get the Endless now, I'm not too sure with the balance.. U'd still have the tiny 2-pot at the rear..

Get the suspensions first IMHO, a couple of cheap used ones are there on the net. Lower the car a bit and ur good to go! :burnout:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Eh got balance problem meh? I tot the fronts should take most of the stopping burden?

Btw what are your thoughts on VTTiR (or some crap like that) or Grippen rotor/caliper setup? Are they any good?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Eh got balance problem meh? I tot the fronts should take most of the stopping burden?

Btw what are your thoughts on VTTiR (or some crap like that) or Grippen rotor/caliper setup? Are they any good?
Perhaps ur right regarding the brake balance as u mentioned.. But anyways, perhaps those who have the big caliper fronts + small caliper rears can share their experience..

VTTR and Grippen are Taiwanese brand brakes.. A couple of years ago we could see various cars including BNR34s fitted with Grippen.. VTTR even has set of 305mm 6-pot big caliper fronts for the Suzuki Swift but although Swifts are nippy and fun to drive, why the heck a Swift needs them big brakes is beyond me..

How much are they? If they're significantly cheaper than a set of used Endless I reckon it would be a good buy.. If u can get pass the brand lah..

I can't, so I'd stick with Brembos, Endless and AP Racing.. But currently as funds for modding is relatively zilch, I'll just dream and continue to drive with the 4-pot, 2-pot Sumitomos.. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Actually, I don't mind as long as they do what they're supposed to do. Also, its reliability. If pakai sikit dah warp or don't brake as well after some spirited driving, then tak nak beli la. :)

pokkuNeo

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
waiting some parts to get from hafez(fedzya) for my R.! my uphill depends on him.!

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
out of curiosity, which mamak is the one that we will be ending up in in gohtong jaya?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
bro BR, since ur engine is still stock, no need to waste money on expensive big brake kits. just buy a set of decent brake pads (endless/pmu) front n rear. u should feel significant improvement over stock pads already...

and as tem said, go find a set of adjustable suspension. the ride will be stiffer but its gonna be worth it in the twisties...

that should suffice for now...

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro BR, since ur engine is still stock, no need to waste money on expensive big brake kits. just buy a set of decent brake pads (endless/pmu) front n rear. u should feel significant improvement over stock pads already...

and as tem said, go find a set of adjustable suspension. the ride will be stiffer but its gonna be worth it in the twisties...

that should suffice for now...
Khoyos,

But my rotor warped already. I've skimmed it once. Not sure how many more times I can do that to remain on the safe side. What do you reckon?

Also, does caliper (4 pot Brembo vs 4 pot Sumitomo) play a big difference in braking?