using levin AE111 wiring on local AE101 dash opionion

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Hi guys, i just converted my car and collected it 2 days ago.

When i open my cover under my dashboard at my driver side. the wiring is so mess. I want to seek or ask you guys opinion before going to speak to my mechanic, is this the way normally it will happen when using back our Local AE101 dashboard but using AE111 levin wiring?

The thing that shock me is the fuse box is hanging and giving pressure to the aircond ducting hose. I thought the fuse box should sit at the kick pannel there. any idea folks and sifus?

even i can see my side mirror control has move to the door side compare to last time it sit at the ECU side, now i can feel my center there very empty and all pack at 1 side. :-(

Attachments

3,000 RPM
Jun 28, 2006
not a good job.....due to workmanship matters.

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
yes, i m using levin aircond system too.... only remain the local 101 dashboard.

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
last time i recommended u a place to do the transplant job but u complaint too far lar...too expensive lar...bla bla bla...
now end up like this...sigh!!!
things are given what u had paid, u want cheaper workmanship, a poor workmanship u get...
plus now u wanna get it settle, waste 1 more time money...

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
but i am using levin haftcut, according to scortwrx, his fusebox also hang there one, of cos we cant compare to your haftcut, urs is perfect fit of wagon cut mah.

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
but i am using levin haftcut, according to scortwrx, his fusebox also hang there one, of cos we cant compare to your haftcut, urs is perfect fit of wagon cut mah.
who said so?
my frens do with the same foreman as i recommended to u, all fit nicely, if u want, i can snap photo for u...all of my frens 90% using levin half cut, all are nicely fitted, and even use back the AE100 local seg dashboard with JDM AE100 digital air cond panel control....

wfhan who sold the muffler to u also recommend the same place..but u said is too far from u...what to do...sigh....

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
I believe what AE101-Wong said about the mech is in Kajang? If so, I did mine there too with levin halfcut and I retain the Ori AE101 dash with JDM Air-cond panel.

Well, the wiring is nicely done and best of all, he is a responsible mech. That's why I traveled there all the way from Selayang with regards of anything happen to my car to let him settle my problem. I even do my routine service there too where I only change my Oil Filter and I bring my own Lubricant. Tho it's far but in return, i save time and money from hassles.

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
it depends on ur mechanic knowledge on re-wiring. but from the photo, i bet, ur car will have electrical issue in long run. especially if ur grounding terminal is not properly terminated.

next time, pls listen to those ppl who had more experience. good job is never been cheap, and nothing is free.

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
I believe what AE101-Wong said about the mech is in Kajang? If so, I did mine there too with levin halfcut and I retain the Ori AE101 dash with JDM Air-cond panel.

Well, the wiring is nicely done and best of all, he is a responsible mech. That's why I traveled there all the way from Selayang with regards of anything happen to my car to let him settle my problem. I even do my routine service there too where I only change my Oil Filter and I bring my own Lubricant. Tho it's far but in return, i save time and money from hassles.
yea....in kajang, bandar tech...
the fatty...haha!!:rofl:

by the way....when i see the photo like this, i'm wondering whose handwork is this??
can tell us what's the name of the shop and also the location...better don let our beloved members kena again....:banghead:

Last edited:

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
yloon, i think u can arrange the wiring back. no need to send to the workshop. like mine i put and arrange the wire where i like. the fuse box also hanging but not on aircond hose do urself braket and make it fix and easy to see when emergency. mine i put behind small drawer at the right side. when anything happen to the fuse just open up and change it. the wiring arrange and tide with black tape carefully. if u do so maybe ur wiring better than others. but the main thing is patient. just my 2cent

Last edited:

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
ivan (AE101-Wong),
i sent to nothin's mechanic. he doesn't do wiring his own one. Johnny also recommend that one lor.... i really do not know he didn't do his own wiring. if i know, i will not send there. somemore 2.5 weeks to complete, take me so long.

Edra,
can we do it ourself by mounting it back at the kick panel there? i know the length of the wiring is not long enuf, unless we cut it our own and lengthen it properly. the original place (kickpanel) is the best place of the fuse box wat... rite?
i really tired of sending back car, i know they will not layan me also, if layan also will not do a good job.

Last edited:

nizam_selimited

Known Member
Sep 25, 2005
sel
it depends on ur mechanic knowledge on re-wiring. but from the photo, i bet, ur car will have electrical issue in long run. especially if ur grounding terminal is not properly terminated.

next time, pls listen to those ppl who had more experience. good job is never been cheap, and nothing is free.
:adore::adore::adore: aggre with u bro...now my wiring also got problem...huhhu...
need spend more money to repairing back..plsssssss....heeellllppppp....heeellllpppppp!!!!!!!!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
who said so?
my frens do with the same foreman as i recommended to u, all fit nicely, if u want, i can snap photo for u...all of my frens 90% using levin half cut, all are nicely fitted, and even use back the AE100 local seg dashboard with JDM AE100 digital air cond panel control....

wfhan who sold the muffler to u also recommend the same place..but u said is too far from u...what to do...sigh....
ya, i recommended ah ngah @powerspeed

kennix, u've made a wise choice.
ya, we learned to trust him... and b4 i sent my car to him a few yrs back, i'd already
heard good comment on his workmanship on wiring (he will try as much as possible to follow back original wire routing). that't why most of the time i just left my car there, no need to worry work done badly..

yloon, i think u can arrange the wiring back. no need to send to the workshop. like mine i put and arrange the wire where i like. the fuse box also hanging but not on aircond hose do urself braket and make it fix and easy to see when emergency. mine i put behind small drawer at the right side. when anything happen to the fuse just open up and change it. the wiring arrange and tide with black tape carefully. if u do so maybe ur wiring better than others. but the main thing is patient. just my 2cent
yloon go buy EDRA some drink and let EDRA do for u ... haha but need to sent the car lagi
far...... to KLIA... kakaka...

ivan (AE101-Wong),
i sent to nothin's mechanic. he doesn't do wiring his own one. Johnny also recommend that one lor.... i really do not know he didn't do his own wiring. if i know, i will not send there. somemore 2.5 weeks to complete, take me so long.

Edra,
can we do it ourself by mounting it back at the kick panel there? i know the length of the wiring is not long enuf, unless we cut it our own and lengthen it properly. the original place (kickpanel) is the best place of the fuse box wat... rite?
i really tired of sending back car, i know they will not layan me also, if layan also will not do a good job.
err... what is done is done.... u want to cry also useless..
well, are u willing to cut the wiring and lengthen it ? another issue.....

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
u can put at that place but u have to replace other wiring box because the fuse box bigger than our local fuse box. if not mistaken there are more 2/3wiring boxes there including door control box. i think better u place it at the front near to small drawer. if mine i cut the inside drawer then when i open the drawer i can see the fuse directly. easy to do troubleshoot next time. please dont cut the wire because its can get worse.

Bump: u can put at that place but u have to replace other wiring box because the fuse box bigger than our local fuse box. if not mistaken there are more 2/3wiring boxes there including door control box. i think better u place it at the front near to small drawer. if mine i cut the inside drawer then when i open the drawer i can see the fuse directly. easy to do troubleshoot next time. please dont cut the wire because its can get worse.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BUY F1 TICKETS AT PENANG ROADSHOW AND SAVE RM301

Specially for its F1 roadshow in Penang this weekend, race promoter Sepang International Circuit (SIC) will be offering discounted tickets as well as exclusive F1 radio headsets for fans to enjoy the 2007 Formula One Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix next month.

Purchasers for the first 500 Main Grandstand Lower Tower tickets, which are normally priced at RM1000, would enjoy a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience