Use Reverse Sensor as front sensor?

sirdex90

Jan 12, 2012
Labuan
Good day,
I bought a set of reverse sensor online with the hopes of using them as front sensors. But i was told by a car accessory shop owner that we cannot use reverse sensor as front sensor due to some issues. How true is this?

i will install them with a switch so i will only use them during parking periods.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You mean everytime you park, you'll flip a switch to send power to the sensor controller which enables the sensors and it'll beep everytime it's near something?

Interesting. I don't see why you can't as long as you know how to fiddle with the controller and the wiring.

sirdex90

Jan 12, 2012
Labuan
Yupe. Means the shop might just refuse to install becos i dint bought the item from their shop. =.=

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
can be use... no issue....

*reverse sensor is powered when in reverse, so when parking you need to flick a switch to power the front sensor...

**like suprima front parking sensor...

----------------------------------------------------------
try study further, by installing front parking camera....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yupe. Means the shop might just refuse to install becos i dint bought the item from their shop. =.=
Just a note. Aftermarket parking sensors have a very wide sensor coverage. If you put it in the front, you might to think about where you want to place the sensor. Too side and you might have issues with it beeping like mad at everything

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Can be used, just put a switch so can turn on and off...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
can be used. Just check with the sensor range, before positioning & installing the sensors.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just a note. Aftermarket parking sensors have a very wide sensor coverage. If you put it in the front, you might to think about where you want to place the sensor. Too side and you might have issues with it beeping like mad at everything
Position them like the rears. Have them in my wife's Tiggo SUV but had them fitted by the sales adviser as complete package. As yes the front ones powered by a switch on the dash....:biggrin:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
One question, what car you are driving, how far is your eye sight will be away from the front ? Do you really need that ?

sirdex90

Jan 12, 2012
Labuan
Accord 08. Im a tall person so my seat is lean down abit, if not my head will hit the ceiling. Full time racing position! LOLX

Last edited:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
after i google'd..the wiring is not very complicated
even for everage 'kaki diy' can do it
n i dun think any isue if u put it front or rear

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
after i google'd..the wiring is not very complicated
even for everage 'kaki diy' can do it
n i dun think any isue if u put it front or rear
Yup, should be same. Only for rear fitted to activate with reverse gear. Front use with on/off switch...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

GSR blues = turbo and fueling probs..huhuhu :(

Guys..hi and thanx for droping by..i have a few problem and i'm new to Turbo and forced induction..so hopefully the sifu's out there can lend me a few tips and advice..

o.k..my last prob was done..but noe i have a new prob..which is that i'm ysung a TD05HL from a vr4 rs..the stock injector for that engine is 510cc..but currently i'm using only 390cc..so my prob is this,when i get into the boost rpm,everything is good till 5500rpm..but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience