Unknown sound from engine

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
Hey guyz, been having this prob ever since i got my GSR 4g93t...
Ok, it goes like this, theres this weird clicking/rattling sound whenever i :

1) Step on the accelerator/try to accelerate (No such sound when idling)

2) Happens occationally, usually on hot days:confused: (i hope im not being too imaginative here...)

Thats all of my observation i can get :bawling: Hope all sifus can help me out thanks in advance:adore::adore:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Wah! Sounds are the most irritating subject...cause it takes so much time and persistance to look for them.

What I would do is get a friend to rev the car and slowly pint point the area...look for loose nuts and metal to metal contact points or close. get the standard air con hose insulation (cause they cheap)and start putting them in between these areas.

Hope it works for you.

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
bro can you identify which part it come from..within the cockpit or engine?

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
Hi guyz:wavey:

Im sure its from the engine bro, can it be knocking/pinging? :confused:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
clicking/rattling sound ?

1. valve tappet? (normally when engine hot, the sound won't appear, but sometimes it will too, just for a while)
2. untight hood? (your hood is loosen?)
3. worn or uneven timing belt ?
4. air con compressor bearing worned?

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
hmm...

1) I do knw tappet sounds only have when cold but will gradually go off when warmed up and it sounds like sewing machine BUT mine is more to rattling sound frm engine itself

2) Just change timing belt kit with water pump as well, and hood is definitely tight

3) Sound more like uncooked red/green beans dropping into abag full of uncooked beans (dunno what other sound that is more similar than this lol) under those circumstances mentioned above...

So no possibility of knocking or pinging? Just hope to narrow things down before io actually go to workshops, thx again for those who replied :wavey::driver:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
lol can't imagine lee...clicking and beans dropping into a bag full of beans is like a bit diff..HAHAH

maybe is a tiny air leaking sound...did u check your exhaust? before the mid bullet, there is a so called 'bee-hive'...izzit worned?

lolzz

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Aiks, i experience this too bro, when accelerate, some sort of "tit...... tat..... tit.... tat....." sound comes out but not similar to tappet sound. :banghead:

Until now, unsolved... :bawling:

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
If during idling it no sound (Or the sound kinda low), once driving or high rev, it have "ka rak ka rak" sound, it migh from the con-rod bearing sound...

Bump:
Aiks, i experience this too bro, when accelerate, some sort of "tit...... tat..... tit.... tat....." sound comes out but not similar to tappet sound. :banghead:

Haha.. that mean engine too powerful edi.. hehehe.... Your honda or mazda?

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006

Bingo :bawling: its not vr vr loud but its audible by rear passengers too

If its knocking what kinda sound will it be then? Just wanna be darn sure its nt knocking :mad:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
two thing you can do to see who is the culprit...

1. use the higher octane petrol... this will check whether is knocking or not...
How ? start from 92 to 97 then use Shell V power... or you can try the octane booster stuff,but you know this is expensive and its not for long term... if comfirm is knocking, thne buy more expensive petrol lor... or you can lower the compression...

2. if every thing goes right, and doenst solve, then check on your engine oil viscosity.... are you buying good engine oil? if not, start using good engine oil... no need imported oil, just big brand name can already... try to go lower than what you are using now... old engine parts tend to love thicker oil ...:rofl: no matter how they had been polish up.. it just tends to do that...

but before you do all these, make sure is not a loose nut rattling sound... haha..

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
Hi bro thx for the advice definitely not any loose nut im quite positive :rofl:

But im already using RON97 (shell green)

The sound is exactly like those when u shift to higher gear and accelerate when rpm is very low......

dreamboy

500 RPM
Sep 18, 2005
penang
Hi bro thx for the advice definitely not any loose nut im quite positive :rofl:

But im already using RON97 (shell green)

The sound is exactly like those when u shift to higher gear and accelerate when rpm is very low......
Hi bro ganfh you are facing knocking. some time timing too high will happen too try to lower the timing abit, adjust the distributor to lower degree by little bit and little bit and then used high gear in low rev press full throttle repeat the same step until you notice no knocking or piging sound.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any sifu can show where is the screw or bolt and nut that i need to open in order to take out my wira rear bumper

HELP SIFU
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience