Uninstall RSM cause vvtl-i disable .....

CelicaZZT231

Jun 23, 2009
hi.. just for sharing a friend of mine had get a rsm installed and he remove by just unplug the cable... finally it cause the vvtli not function after 6k rpm.. and the engine light on when driving ...after plug in the rsm everything go back to normal... so funny thing but as i know rsm only the information display gadget rite... conceptually wont effect the engine management.....

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
dunno bout it...but i heard that somehow rsm increases the factory rpm limiter...

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
RSM acts as speed cut remover too

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
dunno bout it...but i heard that somehow rsm increases the factory rpm limiter...

Bro
speed wire if cut then it must be joined back when remove da rsm.
Other should be just tap da signal only so no problem.E.g rpm, 12v and grd. N maybe
g sensor.
Tq

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
RSM only remove speed cut but not rev cut,if you remove the speed cut,RSM need to be used all the time,if you remove the RSM,the wiring should be changed back to original.Or else,that will happen.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all current IS250 owners, models from August 2007 to February 2009, your Lexus may need certain corrective measures to the Fuel Pressure Sensor or its fuel system as according to Lexus Malaysia - UMW Toyota Motor. There are issues found with insufficient tightening of the said sensor, causing further looseness over time which may lead to a fuel leakage. The fuel may leak via a gasket in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience