Uneven fender gap

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

i just changed my absorber all 4 for my corolla ae101.
the weird part is that before i change the absorbers, front part got around 1.5 fingers gap
behind around 1 finger gap.

after i change absorber(just to clarify, its new), the front driver side 0.5 finger and passenger side remain 1.5 fingers.

the behind driver side 0.5 finger and passenger side become 1.5 finger.

i was told its possibly the spring, but i wonder, how come before change no problem now problem come.

and someone told me camber and alignment setting must be done again but i went to tire shop they said that setting alignment and camber will not correct the ride height.

I don't want to spend my money on something that will not solve the problem, because i highly doubt its the spring.

what are the possibilities that could cause this? Please help guys. Now my front driver side daun pisang already torn because the tire hit it when going through wavy road and cornering.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
haha, bro,
ooi,,,,u post my question......haha, i also face same problem....

main thg wanna ask u, is ur absorber toyota ori, or custom made fr other or compatible fr other manufacturer....

my fren told me bfo,,,,,maybe its bcoz of the pressure inside absorber different......

if u can solve this problem,,,,,,post it here......thanks alot...

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i oso blur edi bro.
its custom made. but i made comparison with my previous absorber. the one i had 1 side already kong, no more dampening power, but still, the car wasn't uneven.

i highly suspect the foreman wrongfully installed the spring and absorber or the absorber fella, gave me wrong model. I'll check tonight with my brother in law and check physically.

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
problem solved. it was wrongly installed.
opened and experiment, found out spring was cut, so didnt follow actual top base.
after a few calculation, bla bla bla, put everything back in, now both part 1.5 fingers gap :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm currently facing problem with my E3 engine whereby the rev stuck at 5k rpm.

I checked mostly all compartment which is related to spark and fuel.
*fuel pump (working)
*spark plug (working)
*power unit (working)
*airflow sensor (working)
*plug cable and connector (working)
*ecu (working)
*airflow piping and necessary piping (checked and all seems to be well attached)
*intercooler piping (will check today)

Above mentioned stuff, i replace with a exact same working unit which is from other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience