Unable to Shift gears

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi....I recently bought a Nissan Cefiro A32 model. The thing is....sometimes when I start my car, I am unable to shift my gear from "P" to any other gears, the button on the gear feels like it is locked when pressed. sometimes turning off and on the engine will do the trick but it is inconsistent as sometimes it requires several times before the gear can be shifted. Sometimes it will not even budge no matter how many times I turn off and on the engine.

pls help.....

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Hi....I recently bought a Nissan Cefiro A32 model. The thing is....sometimes when I start my car, I am unable to shift my gear from "P" to any other gears, the button on the gear feels like it is locked when pressed. sometimes turning off and on the engine will do the trick but it is inconsistent as sometimes it requires several times before the gear can be shifted. Sometimes it will not even budge no matter how many times I turn off and on the engin
pls help.....
Did you park you car level ?
Sometime if park not in level condition, will have difficult to shift from P to D.
Still can do but a bit hard need.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
And need to apply brake to move out from P :) incase you don't know.

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
if u wan to remove it juz open the top part of the gb,the 1 under the stick,den remove the thing,wakaka,coz i ady removed mine,as it gone crazy,sometimes apply brake can shift sometimes cant..haha

keithsnyder

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Did you park you car level ?
Sometime if park not in level condition, will have difficult to shift from P to D.
Still can do but a bit hard need.
well my car is parked not leveled, but the thing is sometimes I'm able to shift with no problem then sometimes i can't shift at all.

if u wan to remove it juz open the top part of the gb,the 1 under the stick,den remove the thing,wakaka,coz i ady removed mine,as it gone crazy,sometimes apply brake can shift sometimes cant..haha
haha...i'm actually having the same problem sometimes apply brake oso cant shift haha....removing the thing does sound like a good suggestion hahahaha.....

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
haha..mine sensor (whether electronic or mechanical) is giving some issues, sometimes it won't crank, have to push to 1 and back to P to crank....

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
haha..mine sensor (whether electronic or mechanical) is giving some issues, sometimes it won't crank, have to push to 1 and back to P to crank....
That is because the level are not correctly adjust. Your mechanic need to readjust. It happen when you dismantle out the g.box for service.

The apply brake to move out from P is a safety feature. Imagine someone / kid play on the idle car when you park somewhere. Kid go play the auto stick.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
That is because the level are not correctly adjust. Your mechanic need to readjust. It happen when you dismantle out the g.box for service.

The apply brake to move out from P is a safety feature. Imagine someone / kid play on the idle car when you park somewhere. Kid go play the auto stick.
thanks to the tip off, going to visit my mechanic soon for service anyway... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i make my VR4 exhaust sounds like vtec (bunyi pecah bila cam bukak)? is it even possible?

& 2.5 inch or 3 inch? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience