Ultra Racing Strut Bar Review

satria_neo

Aug 1, 2011
Singapore
Hoho, today visit E Rev to install the Ultra Racing strut and 4 point lower brace bar.

I decide on Ultra racing after a long research and decide to go for a strong and rigid bar at the expense of weight (since its made of steel).

Sorry no photos since pics of the bar can be basically found all over the net.

After the installation, went to my favourite spot for testing (don't ask where).

Initial experience is not bad. I managed to squeeze out an extra 5KM/H on corners before my front begin to give way. Not bad investment since they are alot cheaper than brands like Cusco, better than Alutec etc (strut/brace bars are afterall just welded metal bars...don't need rocket science..).

60 -> 65Km/Hr.... not bad......

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well if add only certain bar not that heavy..my impression of UR bar (fender bar) is not that heavy actually from the looks....so it swept away my worry afterwards...

*a happy fender bar user :adore:

phibitis

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2005
www.mrkobe.blogspot.com
Does anyone know whether the old satria and the new satria neo uses the same fitting ?
Can i transfer my bars from my old satria to the new neo ?
Seeking for sincere advise ! =)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Was thinking to install also for my car but then many other who have tried in the same car said it's too stiff.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hoho, today visit E Rev to install the Ultra Racing strut and 4 point lower brace bar.

I decide on Ultra racing after a long research and decide to go for a strong and rigid bar at the expense of weight (since its made of steel).

Sorry no photos since pics of the bar can be basically found all over the net.

After the installation, went to my favourite spot for testing (don't ask where).

Initial experience is not bad. I managed to squeeze out an extra 5KM/H on corners before my front begin to give way. Not bad investment since they are alot cheaper than brands like Cusco, better than Alutec etc (strut/brace bars are afterall just welded metal bars...don't need rocket science..).

60 -> 65Km/Hr.... not bad......
Not quite bro, there is some logic and 'science' to braces. You need to know where the chassis twists, how much tensile strength is needed to counteract that, whether stiffening that part of the car will have adverse effects to other parts of the car, etc.

It's not that simple! Copying from others isn't exactly easy either. How the bars are made and strengthened determine how it performs. I've seen a snapped off joint on a brace before (fake UR bar). The other scary things I've seen is the bar ripping off the bolts holding it down effectively damaging the thread and bending the chassis a bit.

So yes, it's not that simple although it's not quite rocket science.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, I have car which is Myvi lagi best 1.3 manual that already finished it’s warranty so I thought I want to do some modification. So, i would wanna ask for the otai's advice before i go do something stupid. I've done some research on what to do but I want to know does those part really work or just placebo effect

Things I've done:
15" 6.5jj rims w goodyear f1
Sports spring 4flex

The list :
Spark Plug Iridium
Exhaust system
Tein adjustable suspension
Performance clutch
Lcp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience