tyre prices

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
FYI - current market prices

just changed both my back tyres to Continental CSC 3 - 265/35/18 = RM 1180 per piece at continental shop in Sunway Opp Vision Auto.

anybody else got some prices?

ikennylaw

Dec 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
FYI - current market prices

just changed both my back tyres to Continental CSC 3 - 265/35/18 = RM 1180 per piece at continental shop in Sunway Opp Vision Auto.

anybody else got some prices?
Ed, I thought our tyres are 255/40/18 for the back? So far, I think TOYO is the cheapest that I've asked...

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ed, I thought our tyres are 255/40/18 for the back? So far, I think TOYO is the cheapest that I've asked...
Yup,

But i went slightly broader, no problems - it fits, no rubbing isuues also. plus from behind..... the Tyres look damm broad......nice.......

ikennylaw

Dec 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup,

But i went slightly broader, no problems - it fits, no rubbing isuues also. plus from behind..... the Tyres look damm broad......nice.......
Aha... Really? I think I will change to 265 also then... Was waiting for 255 while they told me 265 have stock.. :D

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
How wide are your wheels?

265 tires are designed for 9-10.5 inch wide wheels. On narrower wheels (e.g 8-8.5), it will cause the side walls to wear prematurely and the tires will not be able to perform at it's full potential. In other words, it's dangerous and will void the tire warranty.

Just saying..

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
How wide are your wheels?

265 tires are designed for 9-10.5 inch wide wheels. On narrower wheels (e.g 8-8.5), it will cause the side walls to wear prematurely and the tires will not be able to perform at it's full potential. In other words, it's dangerous and will void the tire warranty.

Just saying..
been running on the size since bought the car, previous owner had them fitted. no issues with premature wear, plus it was some stupid hankook tyres. the continentals fit much nicer, sidewall flushed perfectly. will take some pic and post them later.

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
been running on the size since bought the car, previous owner had them fitted. no issues with premature wear, plus it was some stupid hankook tyres. the continentals fit much nicer, sidewall flushed perfectly. will take some pic and post them later.
If the sidewalls sit well, then your wheels have the right width. No worries.

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Anyone tried NEXEN N8000, good value for money with the price 225/40/18 = 400 & 245/40/18 = 470. Check the web many good feedbak on the tyre, very good on wet as well.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone tried NEXEN N8000, good value for money with the price 225/40/18 = 400 & 245/40/18 = 470. Check the web many good feedbak on the tyre, very good on wet as well.
bro, i wouldn't recomend it. used it on my previous car - lancer gt 18" wheels. i regret fitting them...... cheap yes..... but didn't like the feel and not really that good in wet......... plus once the tyre's couldn't even hold traction when braking hard. i smacked into a serena...... not to fast, all cars braked, i braked.....ABS kicked in.... for like 1 1/2 seconds screech and smaked into the serena.......lucky not that much damage to my lancer....... but it did give me a taste os how well the tyres perform......

my 2 cents -
don't skimp on tyres........ they are your only contact on the road....... learnt the hard way.
you get for what you pay for......... cheap tyres are good value (especially for 18") but they don't mean the best safety, grip, control.

i didn't think twice and went straigh for the continentals, coz i had some really good experience on with the tyres on my ex boss beemer 645......

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Hi bro thanks for the advise but it is already on my car now anywhere lets see how it goes if not have to change again lo. BTW where u stay ?

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro thanks for the advise but it is already on my car now anywhere lets see how it goes if not have to change again lo. BTW where u stay ?
just be carefull bro, i'm sure the lexus handling and braking will much better then the lancer. should be able to compensate.

Me staying in old klang road. Kuchai area.

and you bro?

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Good buy expensive but I used michelin PS2 before very good but burn my wallet

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey people, i want to ask where is the location of the metal bodykit work,
i heard in USJ got 1 shop by indian dude is fantastic. any1 know the exact location? tq tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience