Tyre Pressure for Advan Neova AD07

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
For me i use around 34 - 35 hot. Cold around 30.

Would like to know if any AD07 users experience pulling to one side even when alignment is perfect. I have just changed to a 2nd set of AD07 and its pulling to one side. Have done alignment 3 times and finally the mech came to a conclusion its the tyre which is defective. He also mention that its common in yokohama tyres. Also i just came back from the track and saw chunks of tyre been ripped out. Is my tyre defective??

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
So that means my tyres are defective!! Damn it! Thursday when Hup Shun open gonna go claim new ones. Dont know if lowering pressure on the opposite side will work. But i've just got them brand new and i want them to be perfect.

Cold is when the car has been left stationary for an extended period of time and the tyres are cold. Hot is when u've ran in the track for a number of laps. Usually i set to about 32 cold then i go out for about 4 or 5 laps and come back in to adjust the pressure again. When the tyre is hot...it will expand therefore more pressure. So run a few laps...pit...release some pressure then go back out. It will usually go up anywhere from 5 - 10 psi. So adjust to suit your driving.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
kikaider, u sure ur tyre pressures are correct? i have never heard anyone run on such high tyre pressures even on road tyres in track...

i believe in ur case, it's tyre failure due to over-inflation...

i set my tyres to 25 when cold on road tyres, and 22 when cold on slicks/semislicks

p/s i'm just an occasional trackday entrant, no race experience. talk cock king.

- J f D -

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
^Appreciate your input Khoyos. Does that apply for 195/55/15 size tyres?

Currently set the pressure at 30 for all 4 tyres. Seems ok so far. Btw my car is FF drivetrain and is daily driven.

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
khoyos...like i said...driver preference. First of all i think my pressure checker does not have the same read out as the petrol station. I think on my pressure checker its reading higher than the petrol station. Basically my hot pressure is around 32. When you fill up 25psi cold...u'll most probably end up with around 30-32psi. I experienced 5 - 7 psi increase in pressure after 2 rounds of 4 laps each.
Anyways....even if there is over inflation...the tyre can withold more than 50psi. So there should not be any failure due to that. 2ndly, only 1 tyre ripped out in chunks. The rest are fine. And its pulling to one direction which is definately tyre defect because i did my alignment 3 times.

For daily driven, 30 - 32 psi is fine. And yes it applies to your tyre size.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
yes agree with kikaider, for daily driven, the mentioned pressure is ok.

and yes, it all depends on driver preference. i run my tyres at a rather lower pressure. maybe the tyre u used had manufacturing defects.

cheers.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Actually the AD07s can run really High Pressure.

When we run our SATRIA R3 on SIC, we start at (Cold) 31 Fr & 29 Rr.

After 5 hard laps usually (When driven properly and not like an idiot) it will be 34-35 fr and 32 rear.

On an my AE run AD07s only on the front. For Max Turn-In it's best to start at 31 cold. Temp doesn't go up much as it's RWD .

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Hup Shun better be changing for me the tyre as its pulling to one side. I have never really experienced or heard of such a thing as tyre pull. Also ripped chunks of tyre from one front tyre. Damn it!! Its so frustrating to get defected goods when u pay good money for them.

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
for my AD07, on sic start with 30psi front and rear also same
after the few rounds the pressure will up to 34psi or 35psi....

AD07 is a good tyre...

KSL

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2004
Subang
Visit site
AD07 i know is optimum (cold) at 20psi. but for daily driving, usually 30+/-

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everyone.. im in a little trouble right now.. has anyone ever experienced this?.. Your turning left and you hear this big "BLUCK" sound ONCE.. i know its not CV joints cause it looks fine..i could turn RIGHT easily HOWEVER when i have to go through a LITTLE bump while turning right i hear this BLUCK sound again... ANYONE KNOW WHATS WRONG?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience