Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
hahaha an FD2R lap times sure is hot topic in this thread.
Hi Faisal,

Guess its a coincidence plus the FD2R is probably the most $ for $ street car that can do trackwork as well.

But I think if someone said, e.g. 2m45s in a stock Swift Sports, it would be a hot topic as well.

Cheers

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
hahaha an FD2R lap times sure is hot topic in this thread.
haha....looks like for the next FD2R trackday, if there ever is one again, HM should actually organize a time attack session in a stock HM FD2R instead of some potong steam slalom trackday... =p
that should settle the case study once n for all..........

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
haha....looks like for the next FD2R trackday, if there ever is one again, HM should actually organize a time attack session in a stock HM FD2R instead of some potong steam slalom trackday... =p
that should settle the case study once n for all..........
jdm_s,

Time Attack, Now that's an idea.

Or we could just put Rueben W or Aaron L drivin HMSB's stock FD2R with all attending owners to bear witness.:biggrin:

BTW u are refferring to the carpark slalom as potong stim, right?

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
jdm_s,

Time Attack, Now that's an idea.

Or we could just put Rueben W or Aaron L drivin HMSB's stock FD2R with all attending owners to bear witness.:biggrin:

BTW u are refferring to the carpark slalom as potong stim, right?
it was a good initiative by HM but a total of 5-6 laps behind a stock standard civic doing ard 4 minutes, 5-6 laps on owner's own, and another 2 runs of sub 30s slalom runs is definitely a waste of 3 hours track time. anyway this will be getting offtopic, PM me.

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
last time my fren who got alot of experience racing car drove my ex evo 7 stock
everythingstock even stock boost
still have 180kmh cut
when he show me the laptimer i couldn't believe my eyes!! 2:31.47!!!!
he oso drive my another frens RX8 stock under 2:39.31

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
last time my fren who got alot of experience racing car drove my ex evo 7 stock
everythingstock even stock boost
still have 180kmh cut
when he show me the laptimer i couldn't believe my eyes!! 2:31.47!!!!
he oso drive my another frens RX8 stock under 2:39.31
Wow, I bet he's having a startling racing career now. Either that or he's simply forgotten like so many incredible drivers.

Sure makes the Evo7 a much better proposition than say the current R35GTR. Then again, am sure that your friend will probably do a 2:15 in a R35GTR and possibly 1:30 in an F1 car also.

Had some doubts on my doubts on the Evo7 timing but when I carried on reading about the RX8 timing, all doubts were dispelled. Enthusiasts have been recorded to do a timing 2-3% slower than the racer who drives for a career. So let's see, for 3% variance,

1) If your friend was the racer, that would put a typical timing of an enthusiast at 2:43.

2) If your friend was not the racer, that would put a real pro timing at 2:34.

For 1) I have never seen any stock RX8 doing 2:43 at a trackday stock so far.

2) 2:34 for a stock RX-8 in the hands of a racer is really incredible.

To quote what I learnt from this thread,

"So make of what u will, to believe or not the time done."

Am cheeky but no malice intended.

Cheers

Last edited:

rx8dorifto

Jun 24, 2009
Wow, I bet he's having a startling racing career now. Either that or he's simply forgotten like so many incredible drivers.

Sure makes the Evo7 a much better proposition than say the current R35GTR. Then again, am sure that your friend will probably do a 2:15 in a R35GTR and possibly 1:30 in an F1 car also.

Had some doubts on my doubts on the Evo7 timing but when I carried on reading about the RX8 timing, all doubts were dispelled. Enthusiasts have been recorded to do a timing 2-3% slower than the racer who drives for a career. So let's see, for 3% variance,

1) If your friend was the racer, that would put a typical timing of an enthusiast at 2:43.

Cheers
I know a guy who always tell ppl that he knows a guy who can drive this fast that fast...so when he bullshitting I just hear but not listen. Wonder what he get by bullshitting that how fast OTHER ppl is, instead of himself...no point right? unless he got proof la...

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
I know a guy who always tell ppl that he knows a guy who can drive this fast that fast...so when he bullshitting I just hear but not listen. Wonder what he get by bullshitting that how fast OTHER ppl is, instead of himself...no point right? unless he got proof la...
Hi rx8dorifto,

Thanks for saying that. I learnt about the fine difference between hearing and listening. :)

Actually, I also do not understand why people do alot of BShitting. I guess its because it always happens in the past and we, who hear or listen, can hardly ever proof if its BShitting. Perhaps the thrill is there.

But I agree that proof is required for any claims, more so if it was meant to aid the forum or other enthusiasts in understanding more about what can be achieved.

Cheers :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Hi,

Just want to say a "Thanks" to slick who thanked my post.

Realised the forum here has an interesting feature where one's posting can be "Thanked".

Cheers :biggrin:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site

Cheers
Could be that or a faulty stopwatch

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
bros i oni say this as example that pple can say anyting about their own time or their fren time dunno what LAST TIME do this do that
can tok anyting can say got laptime can say got data god vid
but all these is uselss unless is shown unless got proof!!! my example is all fake one and many other people tok one is all FAKE!!! Dun believe anyting without PROOF!!!!! even good fren got lie one!!!

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
bros i oni say this as example that pple can say anyting about their own time or their fren time dunno what LAST TIME do this do that
can tok anyting can say got laptime can say got data god vid
but all these is uselss unless is shown unless got proof!!! my example is all fake one and many other people tok one is all FAKE!!! Dun believe anyting without PROOF!!!!! even good fren got lie one!!!
Hi Laptimer,

I see what you mean, now I understand you are on the same page as the rest of us.

My bad if my posting seemed offensive. :biggrin:

You are right, even good friends lie. Crazy stuff in tracking, I guess thats what they call EGO.

They should make a car call the EGO for these people.

Cheers

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
dis is like the "fish dat got away story ler"....manage d 2 land a selar kuning,d fella claim he got a barracuda!hahahahahha

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
actually sure 2:42 stock CTR can be done by very good driver cos i got see before good driver do 2:43 so i dun really doubt what faisal say. HMRT driver sure fast one
prob better than anyone who post on dis thread
but of course will be nice to see for myself one day

is the other people tok cock one that i straight tell them TOK COCK!!! HMRT driver 2:42 but still dare say 2:37? 5 second better than factory driver in same stock car? TOK COK!!!! i see many good driver difference compare pro driver not even 2 sec then suddenly got 5 sec
must be asia schumacher who not yet discovered yet
should be hire by F1 team soon
SIAO

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s quite a big deal to get your allocation of the limited-run Lexus LFA so when Lexus UK received theirs; they celebrated in proper petrolhead style. Most dealers would have given the supercar a good wash and wax before setting up in a showroom for people to drool over but not the Lexus boys in the UK.

They brought it out to the Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds to stretch its muscles and have a little...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience