Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Thanx bro~Yeah the J's Racing S2K is the fastest S2K on SIC at the moment. Garage R is also building a timeattack S2K and it should be going down for a shakedown soon.

Standard engine meaning standard camshafts/valvetrain/pistons/head/camgears. I/H/E + ECU dun belong to the engine block itself. :laugh:
I'd like to see that. Garage R, Lester's TA Evo was also a flyer.

BTW the 55S u use are what size?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
I'm using 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear. Might switch to 255/40/17 all around later on.
How is the car now? neutral or understeery?

An M3 I drove used to be on 225 fr 245 rear, and it was neutral to understeery. Now on 225 all round, it has a nice neutral to oversteery balance. More throttle adjustability :driver:.

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
How is the car now? neutral or understeery?

An M3 I drove used to be on 225 fr 245 rear, and it was neutral to understeery. Now on 225 all round, it has a nice neutral to oversteery balance. More throttle adjustability :driver:.
With stock antiroll bars, it was quite neutral with the alignment settings I chose to go with. Recently on Sept 5 RCA trackday, we were testing the Motons and had the front n rear antiroll bars changed to Cusco pieces along with a couple of other new handling bits. We experienced more understeer with the same size tire combination, so if we keep our current new setup, it probably would make more sense to increase front tire sizes and finetune from there again. I'd like a neutral setup on Sepang, slight oversteer on corner exit is fine.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
With stock antiroll bars, it was quite neutral with the alignment settings I chose to go with. Recently on Sept 5 RCA trackday, we were testing the Motons and had the front n rear antiroll bars changed to Cusco pieces along with a couple of other new handling bits. We experienced more understeer with the same size tire combination, so if we keep our current new setup, it probably would make more sense to increase front tire sizes and finetune from there again. I'd like a neutral setup on Sepang, slight oversteer on corner exit is fine.
let me get this right; currently on different size fr/rr or on same size set up that you get understeer? coz u mentioned currently you on the 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear.

i'm interested in the S2K handling. Last year in MME , I chased the J's car for a few laps and noticed how neutral the car was through T5/T6. really impressive

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
let me get this right; currently on different size fr/rr or on same size set up that you get understeer? coz u mentioned currently you on the 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear.

i'm interested in the S2K handling. Last year in MME , I chased the J's car for a few laps and noticed how neutral the car was through T5/T6. really impressive
Yup the understeer is on staggered setup of 225/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear. But the tires are not the cause of the understeer as I've been using this tire size combi fer a while now. It's most likely the change in F/R antilroll bars that caused it.

The transition between T5/T6 can indeed be very neutral without the tail being nervous as we switch directions or even if we lifted off slightly gg into T6. My friend told me that the J's MME S2K was running staggered tire sizes as well. Overall, the s2k was really built for the corners and if one gets the handling sorted out nicely, it can pack quite a lot of speed thru the turns. Which MME team were u driving for?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Yup the understeer is on staggered setup of 225/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear. But the tires are not the cause of the understeer as I've been using this tire size combi fer a while now. It's most likely the change in F/R antilroll bars that caused it.

The transition between T5/T6 can indeed be very neutral without the tail being nervous as we switch directions or even if we lifted off slightly gg into T6. My friend told me that the J's MME S2K was running staggered tire sizes as well. Overall, the s2k was really built for the corners and if one gets the handling sorted out nicely, it can pack quite a lot of speed thru the turns. Which MME team were u driving for?
I see. IIRC the S2k OE size is 215 fr 245 rear, so I was surprised u wanted to run equal size all round. Thanks for the explanation. I've driven a friend's AP1 on 215/245 and found the car loose, which I enjoyed :smokin:.

I was driving for HMRT, in a FD2R. The J's Racing S2K ran on Yokohama, similiar to the car I drove, but of course the S2K was on staggered size.

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
I see. IIRC the S2k OE size is 215 fr 245 rear, so I was surprised u wanted to run equal size all round. Thanks for the explanation. I've driven a friend's AP1 on 215/245 and found the car loose, which I enjoyed :smokin:.

I was driving for HMRT, in a FD2R. The J's Racing S2K ran on Yokohama, similiar to the car I drove, but of course the S2K was on staggered size.
Yup oem tire sizes are 215 F 245 R. Most of the timeattack s2ks in Japan, and even the US, are running non-staggered 255/40/17. Benefits of increased traction for braking, cornering and better turn-in generally outweigh the negative of drag in a straight line, depending somewhat also on track layout. Wanna try out a non-staggered 255 setup myself and see how it's like on Sepang.

Icic...hopefully I'll get a chance to take part in MME one day! :driver:

Friend did a 2'31 in his S15. Full interior, aircond and Bridgestone RE55s.
I know of 2 S15s doing 2:31 2:32...both have had quite a lot of work done on the car, but yeah still with aircon and interior. Very fun car to drive the S15~~

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
I know of 2 S15s doing 2:31 2:32...both have had quite a lot of work done on the car, but yeah still with aircon and interior. Very fun car to drive the S15~~
You should know him. He is a Trackies regular. Hehehehe. White S15 P**1. The car in Garage R currently undergoing major body rework.

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
You should know him. He is a Trackies regular. Hehehehe. White S15 P**1. The car in Garage R currently undergoing major body rework.
Yup I know K****. Going widebody?? Should drop by Garage R n have a lookie sometime. Very nice S15 manz.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
An S15 doin those times gotta be pushing big power if still a street car with full interior in place, so definately lots of straightline speed too and them semi slicks contribute big time too

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
An S15 doin those times gotta be pushing big power if still a street car with full interior in place, so definately lots of straightline speed too and them semi slicks contribute big time too
Power was ok ok la, fair enough for 220+ down the straight on a cold day. The car has nice gearing and massive 6 pots though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hybrid vehicles in general were designed from the offset to conserve more fuel by means of an electric engine or such. Therefore, tuning a hybrid for more power totally contradicts the original purpose. Nonetheless, when the hybrid in question is a Porsche, or a Cayenne Hybrid to be specific, you really can’t be blamed for wanting a little more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience