Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
Hi All, I have been reading closely in 0-100 recently. INterested to know more.
OK Back to topic

FD2R from Singapore. Minor tune like Honda Reflashed ECU. J's Test and Catback. K&N Typhoon Kit. Stock Engine and Susension. -3degree front camber. Rear natural -2.
After 7th Track Day (new to tracking) Best timing 2m46. Too slow and sweepers at T5,6 and
T12,13. Too early turn in at T15 and T1. Will try rectify and revert if got improve. :P

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Hi All, I have been reading closely in 0-100 recently. INterested to know more.
OK Back to topic

FD2R from Singapore. Minor tune like Honda Reflashed ECU. J's Test and Catback. K&N Typhoon Kit. Stock Engine and Susension. -3degree front camber. Rear natural -2.
After 7th Track Day (new to tracking) Best timing 2m46. Too slow and sweepers at T5,6 and
T12,13. Too early turn in at T15 and T1. Will try rectify and revert if got improve. :P
There some seconds to be found if you can improve on the Turns you mentioned. A low 2" 42s should be possible

just to update street car lap times. Did a drive a month back in SIC

Weekday open Track day, at 2 pm, on a dry track, drove a 2007 Civic Type-R (FD2) , stock std with speedcut still in place, set a best time of 2'45.5.

:banghead: Car wasn't in the best of condition though, with dodgy gear linkage, causing up gear miss hifts into 2nd,3rd & 5th. And I was overdriving in certain sections :banghead:

Believe a 2 43 would have been posible in better condition car. Coz that's exactly wat my friend did in a another Stock std Civic Type R (FD2)

Timed using a demontweeks lap timer.

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
Hmmm. if i can get to that region, i will be satisfied. Then i shall start to change header and a flashpro for tuning. Cams and engine internals- After i mod driver successfully first. slicks? Later la, let me max out first, I am still a newbie with insufficient track mileage.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
If I were you I'd aim at maxing out the car first without any more car mods. If a HMRT driver can do 2'43 in a stock FD2R , I'd say with your modded car, a time close, or slightly faster would be satisfying. the day we did those time there were 3-4 other FD2R, all modded, and all were slower than our times....

Focus on tidying up your lines, braking points etc, forget car mods for the moments. As u mentioned there's 6 turns u need to work on.

Slow at T5/6 results in slower speeds to T7/8.

Slow at T12/13 means your speed/times at T14 and the back straight is affected.

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
Ok ok, have used performancebox to do some comparisons with a 2m34 dc5 lap and saw the differences ... altho the dc5 is on slicks, there are SOME AFI's which i am gonna try out next TD!
Hopefully can achieve close to 2m43s...

You all can see this vid of mine and comment :)

YouTube - FD2R at Sepang 12th Dec 2008

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
From the camera angle , I can see your racing lines are mostly spot on. But since don't have onboard view it's hard tell when you brake or change down etc.

As u said, if can increase your speeds at the Turns you mentioned I'm sure the times will tumble

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
RaceChrono - The GPS Lap Timer

Anyone tried this out , the race chrono gps lap timer?

A friend used it during Sepang 1000km. says it kept him entertained with sector times and such
Used it during 23rd Open Track Day. Placed in a Golf GTi and in my AE86.

It was interesting to compare the 8 sector times between the 2 cars. Even could do a possible Best Lap based on best sectors. :smokin:

The Sectors end as follows

S1 - T1 into T2
S2 - T4 apex
S3 - T6 Apex
S4 - T9 apex
S5 - T11 apex
S6 - T14
S7 - T15
S8 - Start finis

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
HI,
Heard about this. Its compatibility with smart phones somewhat make me doubt its capabilities. (offences to anyone) given my limited info about it.

Here's a vid on its use.
YouTube - TCC Sepang Feb 8th 2009

Hmm, getting "dream lap" given its best sector times sounds interesting.

I am using the performance box. Still learning to best use its software. Am aware it can also capture and show data based on customised sectors.

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
PerformanceBox Overview

It is quite popular amongst the trackies from sgp ... there are more than 1 dealer selling this here.

It can be used to overlay the track layout to see your exact lining, etc etc...

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Here an advertisement from one of the merchants...

Racelogic performance box - K-Series Singapore

Here's another from another merchant....

Racelogic Performance Box (Sepang International Circuit) - BMW.SG - The BMW Singapore Community

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
Honda S2000 AP2 - 2:36.830 (Bridgestone RE55S)

Aftermarket Intake/Header/Exhaust/Suspension/ECU/Rims.

Standard engine/drivetrain/brakes/body.

Daily driven car.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

HI,
Heard about this. Its compatibility with smart phones somewhat make me doubt its capabilities. (offences to anyone) given my limited info about it.

Here's a vid on its use.
YouTube - TCC Sepang Feb 8th 2009

Hmm, getting "dream lap" given its best sector times sounds interesting.

I am using the performance box. Still learning to best use its software. Am aware it can also capture and show data based on customised sectors.
Hi, I think the white s2k that passed u on the main straight was me. :wavey:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Honda S2000 AP2 - 2:36.830 (Bridgestone RE55S)

Aftermarket Intake/Header/Exhaust/Suspension/ECU/Rims.

Standard engine/drivetrain/brakes/body.

Daily driven car.
2:36.830 is plenty fast... nearly as fast as Adam's M3 CSL :adore:

For comparison sake J's Racing's MME Class A1 S2000 does 2'26 on slicks.

Bro, how is your car std engine etc when you have aftermarket Intake/Header/Exhaust/ECU?? That one not standard aredi, hahaha

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
2:36.830 is plenty fast... nearly as fast as Adam's M3 CSL :adore:

For comparison sake J's Racing's MME Class A1 S2000 does 2'26 on slicks.

Bro, how is your car std engine etc when you have aftermarket Intake/Header/Exhaust/ECU?? That one not standard aredi, hahaha
Thanx bro~Yeah the J's Racing S2K is the fastest S2K on SIC at the moment. Garage R is also building a timeattack S2K and it should be going down for a shakedown soon.

Standard engine meaning standard camshafts/valvetrain/pistons/head/camgears. I/H/E + ECU dun belong to the engine block itself. :laugh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anybody list down the body mastery art in kl and pj area?

those that can do art work like hand metal bending?
conversion of A to Z body form?

hope can list down so can hunt for good source
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience