Two questions: wifi hotspot inside car and Astro

SueLee

Apr 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Do you recommend getting the dongle which you plug in inside your car so you can surf the net while inside the car? Is it worth it?

One more: I am planning to "Ubah" my Astro to Unifi TV. I am beginning to hate Astro. Can someone give me feedback such as quality of programmes, cost and service? I like watching comedies, drama and animal shows.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Do you recommend getting the dongle which you plug in inside your car so you can surf the net while inside the car? Is it worth it?

One more: I am planning to "Ubah" my Astro to Unifi TV. I am beginning to hate Astro. Can someone give me feedback such as quality of programmes, cost and service? I like watching comedies, drama and animal shows.
Get Skybox. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Forget Unifi TV. Variety wise Astro is better. There are only two channels in Unifi TV that I'd subscribe, the Syfy channel and the channel that's very similar to AFC but not quite. These two are worth the subscription with maybe BBC.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
basically, it just run through with a LAN cable, then the decoder, hence named SkyBox, gets transmission via Astro dish, getting all the channels for free. Monthly fee is only RM60 below i think. Get a stable internet though. ;)

Its not illegal and also is not legal like Forex. :p

SueLee

Apr 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Forget Unifi TV. Variety wise Astro is better. There are only two channels in Unifi TV that I'd subscribe, the Syfy channel and the channel that's very similar to AFC but not quite. These two are worth the subscription with maybe BBC.
Thanks. A friend swears by Unifi. Said it's fast but I never had a chance to watch the TV programmes on her home. Syfy is science fiction, right?

basically, it just run through with a LAN cable, then the decoder, hence named SkyBox, gets transmission via Astro dish, getting all the channels for free. Monthly fee is only RM60 below i think. Get a stable internet though. ;)

Interesting...I'll check up on Skybox.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks. A friend swears by Unifi. Said it's fast but I never had a chance to watch the TV programmes on her home. Syfy is science fiction, right?

Interesting...I'll check up on Skybox.
But i still get the issues when it's raining, because its from the dish also.

Unifi TV good during the rain but no channels, and during thunderstorm, i plug out the fibre also.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Oh I think I know what that is. It's not exactly legal because Skybox uses a modified BTU unit from Unifi themselves. You have to be careful because once Astro updates their software it'll render Skybox useless I think.

Yup. Syfy has all the scifi stuff. Supernatural, Arrow, etc.. all the good shows are there.
I swear by Unifi too. I just stream my stuff online, I don't bother with the Unifi TV. They occasionally give you all the channels for free for a month and having browsed through everything, it's seriously lacking in variety compared to Astro. I mean, who the hell has ever heard of NatGeo MTV? No.. there are no animals dancing and singing, it's MTVs like Channel-V. Just weird la.

As for Unifi, if you opt for the 10Mbps line like I have, it's bloody marvelous. Speed is great for my area and downloading has never been this fast. Fastest torrent speed I've ever gotten was 1128kbps which is freaking awesomeeee

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
even bbc channer that have top gear series was an old version one...not the latest current season tho

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

But i still get the issues when it's raining, because its from the dish also.

Unifi TV good during the rain but no channels, and during thunderstorm, i plug out the fibre also.
no need plug out the fiber....it doesn't send electricity..but it send "light"

but all the modem and tv boxes yes :listen: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Oh I think I know what that is. It's not exactly legal because Skybox uses a modified BTU unit from Unifi themselves. You have to be careful because once Astro updates their software it'll render Skybox useless I think.
I wonder too actually. But, I have been using it for about 2 years now.

no need plug out the fiber....it doesn't send electricity..but it send "light"

but all the modem and tv boxes yes :listen: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Oh, but i turn off the modem just to be safe anyways.
Kena once. Laptop, modems, printers all shocked badly.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup. Syfy has all the scifi stuff. Supernatural, Arrow, etc.. all the good shows are there.
I swear by Unifi too. I just stream my stuff online, I don't bother with the Unifi TV. They occasionally give you all the channels for free for a month and having browsed through everything, it's seriously lacking in variety compared to Astro. I mean, who the hell has ever heard of NatGeo MTV? No.. there are no animals dancing and singing, it's MTVs like Channel-V. Just weird la.

As for Unifi, if you opt for the 10Mbps line like I have, it's bloody marvelous. Speed is great for my area and downloading has never been this fast. Fastest torrent speed I've ever gotten was 1128kbps which is freaking awesomeeee
Bro. Izso, TM called to ask me to upgrade to 10Mbps, but no free channels, same as the 5Mbps that I am having now, so I turn them down.
As for Unifi TV that day they gave 1 week free viewing but many channels will have reruns....:banghead:
I now use Utorrent search and watch all shows online streaming....:driver:

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

I wonder too actually. But, I have been using it for about 2 years now.

Oh, but i turn off the modem just to be safe anyways.
Kena once. Laptop, modems, printers all shocked badly.
Lightning will not go thru' fiber. As for your sets, get UPS and those lightning block/arrestor stuffs.
My PC, modem, phones, LCD all have protection....Not 100%, but so far so good....

For your info, turning it off is not 100% too. When switch is off, the circuit for live is disconnected, but the neutral is still connected. Lightning can strike thru live, neutral and/or earth, so the best is to unplug from the mains...:rolleyes:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro. Izso, TM called to ask me to upgrade to 10Mbps, but no free channels, same as the 5Mbps that I am having now, so I turn them down.
As for Unifi TV that day they gave 1 week free viewing but many channels will have reruns....:banghead:
I now use Utorrent search and watch all shows online streaming....:driver:

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Lightning will not go thru' fiber. As for your sets, get UPS and those lightning block/arrestor stuffs.
My PC, modem, phones, LCD all have protection....Not 100%, but so far so good....

For your info, turning it off is not 100% too. When switch is off, the circuit for live is disconnected, but the neutral is still connected. Lightning can strike thru live, neutral and/or earth, so the best is to unplug from the mains...:rolleyes:
I have 2 power cube series.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Can u pm me how to subscribe to SkyBox ?

Are u sure with internet some more?

For only RM60 ?:listen:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
unifi channel box i already taken out. means no plug to tv.hehe.channel almost same with astro. =(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for Duraedge wipers, any of you know which workshop selling this wiper? Prefer areas like Subang/Sunway/ Shah Alam.

I can't find this wiper around my area. :smile:

Is one of the best wiper around with life time warranty.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience